2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

And with that Cross Check to the face Evander earns himself a phone call from DPS.

Kane that was dirty. These can go suck a dick. Demelo not giving up the puck at the end of the game to Neal who kept on asking for it was low. I lost all respect for San Jose after this game. Philly and Boston are still my 1 and 2.

I just hope all these analysts keep doubting Vegas because they have been motivated all year by doubters.

Everyone remembers the 06 Sabres who I thought were the best team until injuries decimated 4 of their top 6 defenseman and Tim Connelly. This is exactly how Vegas has played all year. Only difference is they have more depth on defense and on offense. We shall see how this all plays out. I think you have a lot of players that have a lot to prove and they are playing hard for each other.

It devalues the regular season.    There's less motivation to finish higher in the standings if you're going to face a top 3 team in the first or second round.   

If you slot them 1-8 and reseed each round, then you reward the top teams during the regular season.... making ALL games more competitive down the stretch.  

Sure, but why care about this right now? This is a philosophical argument that has a time and place. Right now, why not just enjoy the hockey?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Sure, but why care about this right now? This is a philosophical argument that has a time and place. Right now, why not just enjoy the hockey?

It could be better. This issue comes up every year at this time, and it will continue to do so until it's fixed.

20-4 shots for Nashville after 1. 1-0 Winnipeg.

Series is a mismatch that Hellebuyck will keep close or potentially even steal. He’s been incredible all year. It’s pretty much the big difference between last year’s Jets and this year’s: Goaltending.

Edited by Thorny

Helle stole us a game and Rinne helped out too.

20-4 shots for Nashville after 1. 1-0 Winnipeg.

Series is a mismatch that Hellebuyck will keep close or potentially even steal. He’s been incredible all year. It’s pretty much the big difference between last year’s Jets and this year’s: Goaltending.

Goaltending has been huge this year but I would say the story has been depth.

A player goes down and the next guy up steps up.

We played game 5 against Minny with our whole starting left side D men not playing.

Myers is a liability in his zone 70% of the time. He was playing well with Kuli in a 3rd pairing role with some 2PP time but we have enough O from the back end and Morrissey is just starting in that regard. I'd love to see Chevy ship Myers and Perreault over the summer. Almost 10m of salary there and Enstrom's 5.75m is off the books as of this season. Plus, we don't have a first round pick this summer. 

Edited by Ducky

Helle stole us a game and Rinne helped out too.

Goaltending has been huge this year but I would say the story has been depth.

A player goes down and the next guy up steps up.

We played game 5 against Minny with our whole starting left side D men not playing.

Myers is a liability in his zone 70% of the time. He was playing well with Kuli in a 3rd pairing role with some 2PP time but we have enough O from the back end and Morrissey is just starting in that regard. I'd love to see Chevy ship Myers and Perreault over the summer. Almost 10m of salary there and Enstrom's 5.75m is off the books as of this season. Plus, we don't have a first round pick this summer. 

I have the Jets winning it all, just love the style they play, fast and hard nosed and man you guys have some snipers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.