GDT Buffalo at Tampa Bay 4/6/18 7:30 PM MSG WGR

LTS

Well that is a new one for starting a GDT and it was nicely done.

Can only go up from the bottom unless you repeat which I cannot fathom happening. Changes will be made and welcome. 

I want to see how we stack up against one of the top teams fighting for the top spot.

Truth be told I would rather Tampa gets the 1st seed than Boston but we will see if they are looking past Bflo or tuning up for the Playoffs.

Lets Go Buffalo. 

That top line is nauseating

I’d expect nothing different from this head coach. Split up Eichel, Middlestadt and Nylander. BRILLIANCE. I can’t believe Housley isn’t nominated for the Jack Adams award this year.

We deserve to have Jack force a trade.

Luckily Jack will outlast Housley. Hopefully we will have a head coach that knows what he’s doing one of these days. Putting lines together should be the LEAST of a coaches struggles.

I'm not defending Housley's line choices. But it's clear he wants Mittelstadt evaluated as a center and Nylander evaluated at his most comfortable position of left wing on a much slower skating line than Jack's.

The Sabres actually look pretty good on defense if you put Risto on a second line with Scandella, Guhle on a third line with Nelson, imagine Karlsson and Dahlin wearing Sabres jerseys on a first line, force Gorges into retirement, demote Falk and Tennyson to Rochester, and lose Beauileieuauau at the airport.

The Sabres opened, and closed like a bad hand of poker.  7-2 off suit.  Crushed by the inside straight of the TBL.  This just in:  Zach Bogosian named captain of the ECHL franchise where he will stay for eternity!  Jordan Nolan, retires to go play pro with Daddy in Poland.  Lastly, the Sabres walk up to the podium tripping up their speech selecting Raymond Bourque with the first selection in the draft.  Another year another sound bite.  Bring it on!  Go Sabres!

#SabresNHL_2017_2018_Buff_Sabres.png game day in Tampa:

Wilson-Eichel-Okposo

Nylander-O'Reilly-Reinhart

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Pominville

Nolan-Larsson-Baptiste

Guhle-Ristolainen

Scandella-Nelson

Beaulieu-Falk

Gorges-Tennyson

Johnson, Ullmark & Wilcox the goalies

Why do we even have a fourth line?

The Sabres to me are like family.  I've been with them for 48 years.  I can poke fun at them, but nobody outside the family can.  Also, this season, the Sabres are still more successful than a number of my siblings. ;)

Why do we even have a fourth line?

NHL players association. Always wanting as many players on a team as they can get.

It's like in baseball... shorten your pitching staff so you can get your best out there more often (whether it's the starters approach or the new all-bullpen-all-the-time approach). Why have a fifth-wheel starting pitcher who burns your bullpen if you can just have a four-pitcher rotation. If you're worried about injuries, give 'em more drugs bacta.

Edited by DarthBerusad

Switch Baptiste and Pominville and I'd be more interested.

These last 2 games should have the 4th line composed of players that need to be phased out, not our youth.

Can't watch tonight b/c I have tickets to an underwater puppet show but will be interested so see how they do.

GO SABRES. ICE THE LIGHTNING!

"Jason Pominville has come through quite a bit this year with big goals for this team"

What season did you just watch, Rob?

It's funny because his numbers out of context make him look perfectly fine. But trying to remember what he's actually contributed is nearly impossible. Poor Pommers :lol:

Does anyone know what Directv channel the game is in in SW Florida. Asking for a friend.

Nm we found it at the Sandbar!! Woo-hoo.

You should tell your friend that it’s snowing like a moron at home and that he should appreciate S Florida while he’s there and not waste his time with another crappy Sabres game.

You should tell your friend that it’s snowing like a moron at home and that he should appreciate S Florida while he’s there and not waste his time with another crappy Sabres game.

Great point. I've been chasing my 3 year old furiously for the last 5 days. I needed a break.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.