GDT: Rochester Ameri... err Buffalo Sabres vs Sens 4-4-18 7:30p EDT

pi2000

He has definitely made many mistakes. The jury is out on the latest attempt to rectify the situation.

At least TPegs is not harvesting the fans organs for his own personal benefit yet, and then just dumping on the fan base incessantly afterwards.

Pizza Logs are people.

Bobblehead night. My coworker got free tickets to go tonight from a friend- I said hey, at least you get the Hasek bobblehead out of it. Nope.. the one thing the friend asked of him was to relinquish the Hasek. Poor dude.

I got free tickets to the game tonight and the bobble head is the only reason I took them.

A loss tonight will cement the Sabres in the annals of hockey history as the first team to ever finish 31st in the standings. This would give us a 50% shot at drafting 4th overall, or 50% drafting in the top 3.

I think an ideal scenario tonight would be an OT Victory. That would mean we'd have to win our last two games (and OTT lose theirs) to not land in last place and there's no chance of that happening*.

*knowing the Sabres they'd probably pull off a 3 game winning streak to lower their odds of Dahlin.

Sabres’ lines:

Rodrigues-Eichel-Pominville

Wilson-O’Reilly-Reinhart

Nylander-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Nolan-Larsson-Baptiste

Porter, Pouliot extra

I'd be really happy with these lines if Okposo replaced Wilson on the 2nd Line and Baptiste slid up to the 3rd line and Wilson played on the 4th.

Should be fun to watch the 3rd line tonight regardless.

I don't know. I realize KO had a slow start, but when I watch him play I see a positive contributor.  Granted, it doesn't all lead to scoring, but watch him with the puck in difficult situations; he's pretty good at protecting it and advancing it to a teammate.  I'm not sure why everyone is so down on the guy.  I also think it's a good idea to put a veteran with two guys that together have single digits of experience in terms of NHL games played.

The answer to your second question is that we see the exact opposite that you do with regards to the sentence before it. 

He's quite, quite terrible at both of those things. If you count how many times the puck follows up an appearance on his stick with an appearance on the other team's stick versus a teammate, it is Moulson-level bad. 

The answer to your second question is that we see the exact opposite that you do with regards to the sentence before it. 

He's quite, quite terrible at both of those things. If you count how many times the puck follows up an appearance on his stick with an appearance on the other team's stick versus a teammate, it is Moulson-level bad. 

I must be watching an alternate reality.

Haven't been watching Okposo really, but you're observations on him have made me decide to focus on him tonight. Are those the only two things I'm looking for? Or are there others?

Okposo is either really ON or completely turned OFF...I remember when we signed him Islanders fans had the same comments. He looks amazing when he's hot but then he goes cold for streaks.

The concussion and ensuing ICU visit has unfortunately made those cold streaks more frequent. Once Bogo/Pommer/Moulson are off the books KO's contract will be the Sabres albatross.

I must be watching an alternate reality.

That's what makes this place interesting!

Haven't been watching Okposo really, but you're observations on him have made me decide to focus on him tonight. Are those the only two things I'm looking for? Or are there others?

Watch how often he can get himself in position to make a play or take a shot when his linemates have the puck. Watch what he chooses to do when he has it compared to other options that are available. Watch how he lags behind the play at both ends. And watch him attempt to stick-handle. 

I see him fail to be an NHLer at all of those things, though others see differently. 

Okposo is either really ON or completely turned OFF...I remember when we signed him Islanders fans had the same comments. He looks amazing when he's hot but then he goes cold for streaks.

The concussion and ensuing ICU visit has unfortunately made those cold streaks more frequent. Once Bogo/Pommer/Moulson are off the books KO's contract will be the Sabres albatross.

I think where I see Okposo's benefit is away from the prime scoring areas.  I see him make brief, subtle, but highly skilled plays to keep an offensive rush going or stop an opponent's rush, sometimes using his power over his speed.  He's a highly skilled mucker and yeah, when he's ON he's also a good scorer.  Maybe his contract is too much for a mucker but then he releases a shot that finds the twine and you think, "Wow, only about two other players on this team could have made that work."  I still hold out hope that as the HCPH system stabilizes and he further heals, he will be an important piece.  The wildcard is the injury history though.  If he can stay concussion-free he can fulfill my projection.  If not, he's gonna need to retire.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.