GDT: Rochester Ameri... err Buffalo Sabres vs Sens 4-4-18 7:30p EDT

pi2000

Don’t know how many of you saw that clip of Karlsson pocketing the game puck at the end of Ottawas last home game. Souvenir for a guy who is gone. I’m sure he’s asked to be sat so he’s not hurt in a meaningless game.

Don’t know how many of you saw that clip of Karlsson pocketing the game puck at the end of Ottawas last home game. Souvenir for a guy who is gone. I’m sure he’s asked to be sat so he’s not hurt in a meaningless game.

It made its way into twitter national and was commented on by a couple game announcers last night. Could Sabres afford him?

Sportsnet reporting Karlsson not with Sens on this trip. Tank move?

Weave's got it--but I believe I've also read that he's been nursing some minor stuff lately and wants the maintenance time.  I don't think you'll see him suit up again this season.

Weave's got it--but I believe I've also read that he's been nursing some minor stuff lately and wants the maintenance time.  I don't think you'll see him suit up again this season.

They are saying he wont play the rest of the season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1519367/amp

Actually it seems to be mainly because of his family's recent tragic loss of a child.

https://www.nhl.com/news/ottawa-defenseman-erik-karlsson-not-making-season-ending-trip-with-senators/c-297613548

From link:

Erik Karlsson will not travel with the Ottawa Senators for their season-ending three-game road trip so he can be with his wife, Melinda, and their family following the loss of their son, Axel.

Later in the article it goes on to say that Ottawa management plans to offer him a contract extension on July 1st.  We'll see if that actually happens or if it's even close to what he's worth or what he'll be looking for.

I feel bad for Sens fans. Their team is woefully mismanaged. Far worse than anything we've experienced over the last ten years.

Um, the Sabres have had 5 playoff wins and no series wins since 2008, the Senators have had 23 playoff wins, and took the Pens to 7 games in the conference finals.  I don't think you can say "far worse than anything we've expereinced over the last ten years"

Um, the Sabres have had 5 playoff wins and no series wins since 2008, the Senators have had 23 playoff wins, and took the Pens to 7 games in the conference finals. I don't think you can say "far worse than anything we've expereinced over the last ten years"

Playoff wins aren't everything. They're about to jettison a franchise player for no reason. That team has nothing going for it. Their owner actively hates the fans. I wouldn't trade places with a Sens fan. Would you?

Um, the Sabres have had 5 playoff wins and no series wins since 2008, the Senators have had 23 playoff wins, and took the Pens to 7 games in the conference finals.  I don't think you can say "far worse than anything we've expereinced over the last ten years"

Playoff wins aren't everything. They're about to jettison a franchise player for no reason. That team has nothing going for it. Their owner actively hates the fans. I wouldn't trade places with a Sens fan. Would you?

The Sens future is depressingly bleak at this point. The Sabres at the very least have an owner willing to spend money. Hopefully he's learned lessons about handing the checkbook to idiots. Time will tell.

I see your point, however, I would trade the last decade for sure and all that playoff fun.  there are some parallels, they might be letting him go or maybe not, there's no way to know for sure yet.  We also let some franchise talent walk in 2007, I realize that this GM isnt at fault, but it still was the Sabres org.  

The Sens future is depressingly bleak at this point. The Sabres at the very least have an owner willing to spend money. Hopefully he's learned lessons about handing the checkbook to idiots. Time will tell.

True, our owner is willing to spend, hike up ticket prices every year, and still have a garbage product on the ice.  I am having doubts of Terry as an effective owner.

I feel bad for Sens fans. Their team is woefully mismanaged. Far worse than anything we've experienced over the last ten years.

And here we are fighting for last place.

Don't get me wrong, the Sabres are in a much better place than the Sens but it's fairly disheartening that we are in the same place currently with 2 total different agendas.

Actually it seems to be mainly because of his family's recent tragic loss of a child.

https://www.nhl.com/news/ottawa-defenseman-erik-karlsson-not-making-season-ending-trip-with-senators/c-297613548

From link:

Erik Karlsson will not travel with the Ottawa Senators for their season-ending three-game road trip so he can be with his wife, Melinda, and their family following the loss of their son, Axel.

Later in the article it goes on to say that Ottawa management plans to offer him a contract extension on July 1st.  We'll see if that actually happens or if it's even close to what he's worth or what he'll be looking for.

That makes plenty of sense.  Emotional health matters too.

Any update on that forensic analysis of Matt Cooke's actions?

I see your point, however, I would trade the last decade for sure and all that playoff fun.  there are some parallels, they might be letting him go or maybe not, there's no way to know for sure yet.  We also let some franchise talent walk in 2007, I realize that this GM isnt at fault, but it still was the Sabres org.  

True, our owner is willing to spend, hike up ticket prices every year, and still have a garbage product on the ice.  I am having doubts of Terry as an effective owner.

He has definitely made many mistakes. The jury is out on the latest attempt to rectify the situation.

At least TPegs is not harvesting the fans organs for his own personal benefit yet, and then just dumping on the fan base incessantly afterwards.

The tank is irrelevant for the Buffalo Sabres: If you think the Sabres will win a lottery with 4/6 of the Original 6 in the lottery: Think again.

Plus Ottawa and Calgary need new arenas, so they need a new star like Edmonton got for their new arena.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.