Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

EXCELLENT ANALYSIS.

The NFL QB Name Theory is sorta like the band Journey for me: Do I love it ironically or genuinely? Hard to tell sometimes.

I’m the same way with the name game, and I guess that’s the name of the game.

Do I not actually believe it or did I immediately write off both JP Losman and Trent Edwards because of it?

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Where does Paxton Lynch fall in the name game?

Trash name, trash game. Lynch buys you some time as a “maybe he’ll turn into something” but he won’t.

18 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

For my money, their worst greatest hit.

Eh. maybe. For my money, currently, it's Don't Stop Believin! But the first time anyone heard Journey, admit it, you loved them. If you say otherwise, I'd say you're a damn liar! There's a reason you all know all the words to: Don't Stop Believin, Any Way You Want It, Wheel In The Sky, Faithfully, Separate Ways, Lights, Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin', Open Arms, and Be Good To Yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Eh. maybe. For my money, currently, it's Don't Stop Believin! But the first time anyone heard Journey, admit it, you loved them. If you say otherwise, I'd say you're a damn liar! There's a reason you all know all the words to: Don't Stop Believin, Any Way You Want It, Wheel In The Sky, Faithfully, Separate Ways, Lights, Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin', Open Arms, and Be Good To Yourself. 

I'll admit it, I love Journey, and still listen to them. Faithfully.................

And that guy they have singing now.............................. no. You can't replace Steve Perry's voice. If you're going to add a new singer, make new songs. Van Halen was great with both David Lee Roth and Sammy because they went in a new direction when Sammy took over. They didn't force him to be David Lee Roth. 

45 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Wheel in the Sky is the best Journey song.

16 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I'll admit it, I love Journey, and still listen to them. Faithfully.................

And that guy they have singing now.............................. no. You can't replace Steve Perry's voice. If you're going to add a new singer, make new songs. Van Halen was great with both David Lee Roth and Sammy because they went in a new direction when Sammy took over. They didn't force him to be David Lee Roth. 

I think they knew it was over and no one was buying a new Journey album. So they became a cover band of themselves.

3 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I think they knew it was over and no one was buying a new Journey album. So they became a cover band of themselves.

Absolutely. Haggar had cache in the business so becoming Van Haggar if you will, was an easy transition.  

That Philippino dude they have singing is phenomenal. I can't tell the difference.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Absolutely. Haggar had cache in the business so becoming Van Haggar if you will, was an easy transition.  

That Philippino dude they have singing is phenomenal. I can't tell the difference.

He ain't bad. It's just not the same knowing it's not Perry singing. I think the only band that was able to bring in somebody to replace what was already there was AC/DC. Then again, they didn't force Brian Johnson to do Bon Scott's songs, they went on with business as usual and made new music. Today's Journey is like Lynyrd Skynyrd. 

5 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

He ain't bad. It's just not the same knowing it's not Perry singing. I think the only band that was able to bring in somebody to replace what was already there was AC/DC. Then again, they didn't force Brian Johnson to do Bon Scott's songs, they went on with business as usual and made new music. Today's Journey is like Lynyrd Skynyrd. 

Axl wasn't bad either when I saw him live with AC/DC.

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

For my money, their worst greatest hit.

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

How dare you sir.

In the sober light of day: This was not a good moment for me. The song is still not in my top 5 for the band, but it is obviously a singalong anthem.

15 hours ago, ubkev said:

There's a reason you all know all the words to: Don't Stop Believin, Any Way You Want It, Wheel In The Sky, Faithfully, Separate Ways, Lights, Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin', Open Arms, and Be Good To Yourself. 

I don't know all the words to any of those songs. To be fair, though, you'd be hard pressed to find any song I know all the words to. Maybe something from Tom Lehrer.

Week one, the Bills start Peterman. After the first series:

Allen: Hey Petey, it looks like on 2nd down they're bringing pressure from the weak-side.

Petey: [staring at the tunnel entrance] My God, it's full of stars.

Allen: OK, so on third down; hey, congrats on getting to third without an INT; they move the safety like they're going to double team, but then he jumps back just as the play starts.

Petey: There's Movement All Over the Place!

Allen: Anyway, on the next series, make sure to look for the inside linebacker as he always taps his nose when he's going to blitz.

Petey: [stares right at Allen] GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!

These teaching moments brought to you by #onebuffalo.

3 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

As a music snob, I'll say there's maybe only 1 or 2 Journey songs I can tolerate listening to without getting angry, and it's assuming I only hear them once every 1 or 2 years...

Only one for me, Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin, and only because the nah, nah, nah at the end is an obvious raspberry to whoever she is.

18 hours ago, inkman said:

I fully embrace Journey's cheesetasticness. Shits corny as hell but it's fun. Just don't make me listen to "Dont Stop" one more time. Ahhhhhhhh!!

There's no such place as "South Detroit."  There's not even a section of the city that goes by that name.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.