Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

3 hours ago, Hank said:

Can anyone name an instance where Nate Peterman has shown himself mentally weak. I admit it. I'm biased. I like him. I don't see it. But if it's there, I WANT to see it. Can anyone help me see it?

I think when you say his full name in a super nasal, super whiny voice, you have your answer.

47 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The weak part of Peterman is his right arm, particularly if he has to throw a timing route outside of the hash marks 

I agree, he has a very limited arm. I think Daboll will shelter him and not ask him to make throws that he can't. I think going to a blocking scheme that allowed the running game to be more successful like it was a couple years ago will give him an extra .5-1.5 seconds to throw on play action. I think the Ravens beatable. I think the Chargers are a better team. But, I think home field matters in the NFL. I think west coast teams playing at 10am on thier internal clock matters. I think having something to prove after last years Chargers game will matter. I think the Bills can start 2-0, and if they do, I think they can make the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think when you say his full name in a super nasal, super whiny voice, you have your answer.

Well that's not helpful at all. 

Edited by Hank

I also think we can start 2-0. I won't buy into the national media's outlook until I see it happening. The Bills, after being firmly established as a 5-7 win team, have now spent four consecutive years firmly established as a 7-9 win team, and I will continue to assume that's the case until something on the field shows me otherwise, especially when everyone was just as enthusiastic about how bad we were last year as they are this year. Some things stay the same:
Last season:
22089806_933774610105761_339039535676699

This season:

Baltimore.jpg

Go make those guys look dumb again boys!

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Lets see:

issues with the Bills

1) New and unproven starting QB with limited passing skills

2) New and unproven offensive line

3) Aging starting runningback with legal issues

4) Unproven receiving group with a bad habit of dropping passes.

Should be another great season.  

I'm sure you were just as optimistic going into last season. 

11 minutes ago, Hank said:

I'm sure you were just as optimistic going into last season. 

I still don't understand, broadly, the mindset of most Buffalo fans. Over the last 5 years, one team has been far more successful than the other, and yet every single season fans will enter one thread to talk about how horrible the good team is and them move to another to talk about how great the proven-worst-team-in-their-league-in-that-stretch-and-it's-not-even-a-little-close will be.

And yes, I know the Bills have weaknesses and the Sabres could surprise, but this has been the case every season including ones where one team was trying to lose on purpose.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I still don't understand, broadly, the mindset of most Buffalo fans. Over the last 5 years, one team has been far more successful than the other, and yet every single season fans will enter one thread to talk about how horrible the good team is and them move to another to talk about how great the proven-worst-team-in-their-league-in-that-stretch-and-it's-not-even-a-little-close will be.

And yes, I know the Bills have weaknesses and the Sabres could surprise, but this has been the case every season including ones where one team was trying to lose on purpose.

Nothing in this post is factually incorrect. It is amazing the optimism that surrounds the Sabres every year and the direct contrast to the Bills being doomed even though they have been a consistent 6 to 9 win team.

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

Nothing in this post is factually incorrect. It is amazing the optimism that surrounds the Sabres every year and the direct contrast to the Bills being doomed even though they have been a consistent 6 to 9 win team.

Since 2014 the worst Bills win percentage is better than the best Sabres win percentage

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Since 2014 the worst Bills win percentage is better than the best Sabres win percentage

I think we got through December one year where the Bills had more home wins than the Sabres for each respective season.

The Bills play 8 home games.

The Sabres play 41 home games.

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

One team tried to lose on purpose and was successful.  The other tried to lose on purpose but failed at it.  I think I found the reason you're looking for.?

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

17 years of no playoffs and 4 SB losses tends to stick with you. It's all that vs Eichel and a promising young core

That makes sense for a chargers and kings fan on the west coast who sees buffalo teams 2times per year total, but not for people who willingly sit through 82 games of being by far the worst team in the league for 5 years straight and it not being close.

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

That makes sense for a chargers and kings fan on the west coast who sees buffalo teams 2times per year total, but not for people who willingly sit through 82 games of being by far the worst team in the league for 5 years straight and it not being close.

What sticks in your head more

7 years of no playoffs or 17

2 championship losses or 4 consecutive

Two 2nd overall picks (and now a 1st generational) or a bunch of middle round picks and Kyle Orton

The 10m a night you hear the Sabres bashed on national tv or the 10 hours a week you hear the Bills be the laughing stock

Watching the Bruins win a Cup or watching the Pats win 6 SB

Being jealous of Patrice Bergeron when you have Eichel or being jealous of Brady when you have Allen

The 4 times a year we lose to the Bruins, or the 27-3 record Brady has against the Bills

The Bills have been worse for longer, are in much bigger of a spotlight, and have the greatest dynasty of all time in their division to extenuate just how pathetic they are.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Two 2nd overall picks (and now a 1st generational) or a bunch of middle round picks and Kyle Orton

The 10m a night you hear the Sabres bashed on national tv or the 10 hours a week you hear the Bills be the laughing stock

Being jealous of Patrice Bergeron when you have Eichel or being jealous of Brady when you have Allen

The 4 times a year we lose to the Bruins, or the 27-3 record Brady has against the Bills

The Bills have been worse, for longer, are in much bigger of a spotlight, and have the greatest dynasty of all time in their division to extenuate just how pathetic they are.

What sticks in my head is that my top 10 sports moments of the last 7 years or so are probably all Bills related, including the best sports moment of my lifetime on December 31st of last year. What sticks in my head is pouring hundreds of hours into work showing just how bad we are relative to even other bad teams, 3 hours per night for 400 games of pure and utter garbage that no fan base has come close to being exposed to in that time. No, a bad bills team in 2003 and 2004 contributing to a drought in a league where it's hard to make the playoffs anyway doesn't override the last seven years of utterly disgusting rosters in hockey while the bills team is actually doing something for me.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

What sticks in my head is that my top 10 sports moments of the last 7 years or so are probably all Bills related, including the best sports moment of my lifetime on December 31st of last year. What sticks in my head is pouring hundreds of hours into work showing just how bad we are relative to even other bad teams, 3 hours per night for 400 games of pure and utter garbage that no fan base has come close to being exposed to in that time. No, a bad bills team in 2003 and 2004 doesn't override the last seven years of utterly disgusting rosters in hockey while the bills team is actually doing something for me.

There's been hope in the last 7 years. Sure that hope hasn't translated yet but it's legitimate. What hope have the Bills had outside of Rex Ryan

I mean, WC, I guess you don't count because you admitted to watching like two hockey games last year. I bet you'd feel differently if you sat down as much as most here did and invest yourself emotionally

Just now, WildCard said:

There's been hope in the last 7 years. Sure that hope hasn't translated yet but it's legitimate. What hope have the Bills had outside of Rex Ryan

There was hope for about two games when we drafted Eichel, before we started 2-8 or something. 

The Sabres haven't, in that stretch, at any time, had more wins than losses. Not even in game 3. The best they've ever done is go 1-1 to start before falling apart. When was this hope?

I guess I don't let how I feel in July carry me through eight months of trash in the fall

I mean, WC, I guess you don't count because you admitted to watching like two hockey games last year. I bet you'd feel differently if you sat down as much as most here did and invest yourself emotionally

Yeah I'm not committed to the Sabres at all because I didn't watch a garbage season

There was hope for about two games when we drafted Eichel, before we started 2-8 or something. 

The Sabres haven't, in that stretch, at any time, had more wins than losses. Not even in game 3. The best they've ever done is go 1-1 to start before falling apart. When was this hope?

I guess I don't let how I feel in July carry me through eight months of trash in the fall

The Bills my entire life have let me down, the Sabres haven't. I don't need a thesis to justify that

Edited by WildCard

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The Bills have been worse for longer, are in much bigger of a spotlight, and have the greatest dynasty of all time in their division to extenuate just how pathetic they are.

Prior to last year, we had an entire generation of fans who had never seen their team in a playoff game.  That is mind blowing.  The Sabres will get there if they're not careful, but still, far more people remember what it was like for them to be in the playoffs.  It's going to take a lot more than just one playoff game to wash that away.

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yeah I'm not committed to the Sabres at all because I didn't watch a garbage season

The Bills my entire life have let me down, the Sabres haven't. I don't need a thesis to justify that

This doesn't make any sense considering the vast majority of sporting events to happen in any of our recent memories, going back as far as 7 or 8 years.

As shrader says, maybe that works for older fans, but you and I are the same age and probably hadn't hit puberty the last time the Sabres won a playoff series.

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.