Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

5 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Did we wait an entire calendar year and give up 3 valuable assets to only get a marginally better version of Tyrod? Because that's what you just described. 

I think you’re conflating “good” with “mediocre.” In my mind, I described a private-label (“Presidents Choice”) Roethlisberger.

39 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think you’re conflating “good” with “mediocre.” In my mind, I described a private-label (“Presidents Choice”) Roethlisberger.

I think a private label Roethlisberger is considerably better than the description I responded to. In my view you described a middle of the pack QB--a guy who is good enough with the right situation around him. You don't wait a year, trade 3 assets, and draft a QB at #7 to get that. That would be a very disappointing outcome. 

12 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think a private label Roethlisberger is considerably better than the description I responded to. In my view you described a middle of the pack QB--a guy who is good enough with the right situation around him. You don't wait a year, trade 3 assets, and draft a QB at #7 to get that. That would be a very disappointing outcome. 

yup

13 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think a private label Roethlisberger is considerably better than the description I responded to. In my view you described a middle of the pack QB--a guy who is good enough with the right situation around him. 

I almost said Roethlisberger Lite. But that seemed to be more pejorative than I intended. 

And I'm saying: I perceive that as his ceiling. A guy who reasonably reminds people of Big Ben, but isn't quite as consistently good as Ben has been. That'd probably make him a QB who'd occupy a #8-#12 slot in terms of overall performance in the league. That's maybe a bit of a disappointment, but I'm ready to live with it.

The mother of LeSean McCoy's son, who previously said he has never abused him, said in court she lied and that he has abused their son in the past. She provided photos of bruises to their son to the court in an affidavit.

McCoy denies it, saying she's doing it because they have a custody battle coming in a few months.

Also, every single court document I've seen regarding LeSean McCoy, in this case and others, spells his name as "LeShawn." Including the one signed by his son's mother. Must be he spells it differently in sports vs legally.

22 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I almost said Roethlisberger Lite. But that seemed to be more pejorative than I intended. 

And I'm saying: I perceive that as his ceiling. A guy who reasonably reminds people of Big Ben, but isn't quite as consistently good as Ben has been. That'd probably make him a QB who'd occupy a #8-#12 slot in terms of overall performance in the league. That's maybe a bit of a disappointment, but I'm ready to live with it.

I think the language is tripping me up. I'd be fine with someone around #10 in the league. I just think that guy is probably better than "most often good enough." When I read that, I think Alex Smith at best...and top-10 QBs are better than Alex Smith.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think the language is tripping me up. I'd be fine with someone around #10 in the league. I just think that guy is probably better than "most often good enough." When I read that, I think Alex Smith at best...and top-10 QBs are better than Alex Smith.

Language is hard, especially when dashed off between this and that.

Alex Smith? Hmmm. Maybe I think Josh Allen's ceiling is like a much more explosive, somewhat less accurate Alex Smith? The love child of Alex Smith and Big Ben?

Mostly, I think he tops out, if he does, as a poor man's (maybe economy class?) Big Ben. Which I think could get the job done.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:27 PM, WildCard said:

@LesBowen
Jordan Matthews said he’s a father now because of his year in Buffalo. “There wasn’t anything to do there but each other.” ?

If it makes you feel better, that's what happened to me and Mrs. Doohickie when we lived in Los Angeles.

13 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Does Tyrod get the official win for that one? Because if so, that's literally the most Tyrod thing in the world

He gets the win even though his team was losing when he left the game? Seems dumb.

Also, see Tyrod isn't good at being a QB. MEDIOCRE AT BEST. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.