Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

A day 1 qb is a must. If they don't work, take another one next year.

They're going to take one in the first round; that's not in doubt.  Whether they trade up to do it is another story.

3) Announcing the pick before the draft gives the player too much time to flee the country. 

This was masterful.

Another odd footnote of the Bills drafting QBs in the First Round, out of Kelly, Losman and EJ, EJ was the only one selected with their first pick in the draft. Tony Hunter a TE was drafted prior to Kelly and Lee Evans prior to JP Losman

Of note Tom Donahue did attempt to trade up in front of Pittsburgh to get Big Ben but was unsuccessful

Justin Fields. 

That's right Georgia is so competitive we recruited another 5star QB to compete with the guy who just took us to a Natty. We shall see on Saturday. It seems unlikely given Fromm's skills but Fields is a an athlete. He runs, throws, he can do it all. The thing is this year you could see Fromm progress to making play changes at the line. Something he did very sparingly last year. Fromm should also throw more without Sony and Chubb in the backfield although we still have White, Holyfield, and of course Swift so they will take carries just as well. (White probably starts the year on IR as he is injured).

You forgot freshman running back James Cook.

No Fromm is not going to lose his job. He throws the out pattern better then most NFL qb’s. Fields will play. It will be interesting to see how Smart utilizes him. Don’t be surprised if Fields is used in the wildcat and in the read option. My niece is a classmate of Fields at Harrison and he was in many of her AP and Honors classes. The kid is seriously smart. My niece would know. She is going to GA Tech in the fall on an academic scholarship.

Another odd footnote of the Bills drafting QBs in the First Round, out of Kelly, Losman and EJ, EJ was the only one selected with their first pick in the draft. Tony Hunter a TE was drafted prior to Kelly and Lee Evans prior to JP Losman

Of note Tom Donahue did attempt to trade up in front of Pittsburgh to get Big Ben but was unsuccessful

And if you want to get technical on the EJ pick, that wasn't their first pick either.  They traded down.

So are you taking my bet?

Sorry. I don’t generally play those reindeer games.

I’ll bet you 50 internet points.

Taylor was an asset that only certain teams would be interested in. They turned him into a draft pick that more teams would be interested in. You open up new trade avenues that didn't previously exist. Personally, I'm like you and wish they'd have the solution in house before making the move, but that's not a luxury you always have.

Perfectly stated, imo. Edited by That Aud Smell

You forgot freshman running back James Cook.

No Fromm is not going to lose his job. He throws the out pattern better then most NFL qb’s. Fields will play. It will be interesting to see how Smart utilizes him. Don’t be surprised if Fields is used in the wildcat and in the read option. My niece is a classmate of Fields at Harrison and he was in many of her AP and Honors classes. The kid is seriously smart. My niece would know. She is going to GA Tech in the fall on an academic scholarship.

That's the book on him. Really smart and a perfectionist.

Would the Bills be wise to avoid the QB feeding frenzy and let the draft come to them? My instinct is to see what happens, but the odds say Jackson or Rudolph could end up just as good as the guys drafted ahead of them. Frankly if Mayfield somehow slips to 12 or even 10 grab him. Otherwise wait to 22 to take Jackson or Rudolph

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Why hasn't CLE announced who they're picking 1st yet? Doesn't that usually happen by now?

I'm not sure how old you are but that is a relatively new thing, one I don't forsee continuing. I don't know what tactical advantage it gives you to do so.

What if a team came to you afterwards and offered 5 first round picks for this year's? Or something ridiculous to that effect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.