Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

He was suspended by the Dolphins after a savage bullying incident involving a teammate.

The guy is a good football player, but a horrible human being.

I think there was a lot more to that situation than just Richie, but I don't doubt he probably was a dick to Martin, and is a terrible person

I find it unlikely he was the victim of an unfortunate misunderstanding both in Miami and here, while also loving Trump.

*eagerly awaits ban*

Where there's smoke there's fire

Edit: Didn't realize he has a Made In the USA tattoo :lol:

Edited by Jokertecken

@68INCOGNITO just told me the following: "I'm, done. That's it. It's been a long career. Went to the doctor. My liver and kidneys are shutting down. The stress is killing me. It's just about doing what's right. I just want to be in the Hall of Fame." Full story to come.

He needs to take care of himself, but he could have seen this coming a couple of months ago no ? 

I think there was a lot more to that situation than just Richie, but I don't doubt he probably was a dick to Martin, and is a terrible person

Where there's smoke there's fire

Edit: Didn't realize he has a Made In the USA tattoo :lol:

Oh, and I'd like to post more, but while everyone is in "the world sucks and will continue to suck because it sucks right now" I'm really not too motivated to do so. Getting out of the Buffalo sports bubble has been pretty great for my mental wellness.

Oh, and I'd like to post more, but while everyone is in "the world sucks and will continue to suck because it sucks right now" I'm really not too motivated to do so. Getting out of the Buffalo sports bubble has been pretty great for my mental wellness.

I'll expect you back once we get Dahlin then

You know, I think you are right. 

We may well get worse this season, no doubt about that.

We've gotten rid of young headaches that either had, or were angling for, massive contracts. We destroyed a secondary with potential but seeking big dollars, and then rebuilt it cheaply into the best one I've seen in 12 years as a Bills fan. We loaded up on picks to finally make the move to get a franchise QB. We now have 100 million in cap space opened up for the 2020 offseason - meant to imply that we wiggled out of all of the potential long term damage set up by Doug. We completely rebuilt the tone and expectations of the locker room, and have a cohesive organizational vision that just happened to lead to ending the two decade playoff drought along the way despite "shedding talent".

We will have our franchise QB starting and winning football games with a young core around him and 100 mil in cap space.

I love where we are right now. Thank you McBeane.

This is awfully presumptuous. I wish I had 1/10 of the faith in these guys that you have. Most of the quarterbacks will be gone by the time Buffalo picks and AJ McCarron is such a downgrade from Tyrod Taylor that I expect to be back in QB hell the way we were before Taylor arrived.

This is awfully presumptuous. I wish I had 1/10 of the faith in these guys that you have. Most of the quarterbacks will be gone by the time Buffalo picks and AJ McCarron is such a downgrade from Tyrod Taylor that I expect to be back in QB hell the way we were before Taylor arrived.

The last part is presumptuous, but the first part happened. 

Tyrod Taylor was the head of the worst passing offense in the NFL, and while I make no predictions of even mediocrity for AJ McCarron, I am so glad they moved on from him and are looking to actually get an NFL QB with potential to be what we've needed for decades. 

And this may be bad form on my part, but I'm shocked, shocked I say, that you have at best a lukewarm view of McDermott haha

Edited by Randall Flagg

Tyrod Taylor was the head of the worst passing offense in the NFL, and while I make no predictions of even mediocrity for AJ McCarron, I am so glad they moved on from him and are looking to actually get an NFL QB with potential to be what we've needed for decades.

And this may be bad form on my part, but I'm shocked, shocked I say, that you have at best a lukewarm view of McDermott haha

Yeah, I guess I should have stated that. I was definitely referring to the last part. I've been a Bills fans since the days of Jim Kelly and I've witnessed the entire carousel of garbage QB's that this organization has trotted out under center since he retired. Taylor may not have been great but he was the bunch of the bunch other than Flutie. The rest were mediocre at best. It still bums me out that they sent him packing without an upgrade already in place. I prefer the bird in hand rather than a handful of magic beans and hoping the new guy is better.

I'm not optimistic that whomever they tab as the next great hope will pan out, but we'll all get to find out who we're pinning our hopes to soon enough.

Yeah, I guess I should have stated that. I was definitely referring to the last part. I've been a Bills fans since the days of Jim Kelly and I've witnessed the entire carousel of garbage QB's that this organization has trotted out under center since he retired. Taylor may not have been great but he was the bunch of the bunch other than Flutie. The rest were mediocre at best. It still bums me out that they sent him packing without an upgrade already in place. I prefer the bird in hand rather than a handful of magic beans and hoping the new guy is better.

I'm not optimistic that whomever they tab as the next great hope will pan out, but we'll all get to find out who we're pinning our hopes to soon enough.

I acknowledge that fans who date back to "lookie, lookie, here comes Cookie" have been saying it for years, but, Lord -- I see that and instantly feel so old.

Fwiw, my fondest Bills memories as a kid were breaking the streak at the Orange Bowl, the Roland Hooks hail mary catch in Foxboro (?), and Buster Barnett's blocked field goal kick (which inspired my middle school crew to randomly dial numbers and, upon getting an answer, start chanting "BUSTER! BUSTER!").

From a different perspective, my entire Bills life has been spent watching them bring in Losman, Edwards, etc. late because they're too scared that going up and getting a guy might fail. 

I've watched 20 other teams get their QBs in that time span, some more than one. 

I'm ###### done waiting for it and I'm glad these guys are too. 

(Yeah, they moved up to grab Losman, not as far as I'm hoping to move up now)

Edited by Randall Flagg

You millennials are so fragile. :p

Says the old guy who didn't have the strength to sustain any optimism in the face of losing :p

Tyrod Taylor was the head of the worst passing offense in the NFL , and while I make no predictions of even mediocrity for AJ McCarron, I am so glad they moved on from him and are looking to actually get an NFL QB with potential to be what we've needed for decades.

Thing is, McDermott was part of the reason for that. Combined with the choices of backup RBs in consecutive seasons and apparently not believing in the need to add offensive weapons, I see no reason to be confident in McBeane's approach to offense.

I acknowledge that fans who date back to "lookie, lookie, here comes Cookie" have been saying it for years, but, Lord -- I see that and instantly feel so old.

Fwiw, my fondest Bills memories as a kid were breaking the streak at the Orange Bowl, the Roland Hooks hail mary catch in Foxboro (?), and Buster Barnett's blocked field goal kick (which inspired my middle school crew to randomly dial numbers and, upon getting an answer, start chanting "BUSTER! BUSTER!").

I was born in 1981 so everything pre-Kelly was before my time. Edited by Alkoholist

From a different perspective, my entire Bills life has been spent watching them bring in Losman, Edwards, etc. late because they're too scared that going up and getting a guy might fail.

I've watched 20 other teams get their QBs in that time span, some more than one.

I'm ###### done waiting for it and I'm glad these guys are too.

(Yeah, they moved up to grab Losman, not as far as I'm hoping to move up now)

I have no problem with them replacing Taylor. My problem is with them shipping Taylor off before a potential upgrade was even on the roster. If they kept Taylor, traded up for a "franchise" guy and the FNG beat Taylor out for the starting job in training camp and then they shipped him off, I would have been fine with it. Now if the new guy flops the season is basically toast.

Says the old guy who didn't have the strength to sustain any optimism in the face of losing :p

Thing is, McDermott was part of the reason for that. Combined with the choices of backup RBs in consecutive seasons and apparently not believing in the need to add offensive weapons, I see no reason to be confident in McBeane's approach to offense.

This is a good point as well. McDermott is a run first guy. Him and his offensive coordinators are responsible for drawing up the stupid plays like all those behind the line of scrimmage passes to Charles freaking Clay and not having a viable backup for McCoy.

Edited by Alkoholist

Right, but he wasn't objectively terrible like he was this season. McBeane took him from serviceable to bad.

Or rather, the guy they subsequently fired did. But yeah. Thank god they didn't fundamentally change our organizational makeup to try to build around a mediocre qb and cut him loose after wringing out a playoff appearance! 

Let's move up now bby

Or rather, the guy they subsequently fired did. But yeah. Thank god they didn't fundamentally change our organizational makeup to try to build around a mediocre qb and cut him loose after wringing out a playoff appearance!

Let's move up now bby

I'm certainly not advocating they should have built around Tyrod, but for a group with a win now mantra, hiring a coordinator who would design an offense for all of Tyrod's worst qualities wasn't exactly logical. Trading up for Zay Jones. Thinking Tolbert (and now Ivory) are viable #2 RBs. The current state of the WR corps. Hiring a new OC with no track record of success. There are a lot of reasons to question their judgment on the offensive side of the ball, or at least, not just trust them implicitly.

I'm certainly not advocating they should have built around Tyrod, but for a group with a win now mantra, hiring a coordinator who would design an offense for all of Tyrod's worst qualities wasn't exactly logical. Trading up for Zay Jones. Thinking Tolbert (and now Ivory) are viable #2 RBs. The current state of the WR corps. Hiring a new OC with no track record of success. There are a lot of reasons to question their judgment on the offensive side of the ball, or at least, not just trust them implicitly.

I forgot about that signing, yikes, right on the heels of his statistically worst season ever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.