Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

This is the first concrete evidence Ive seen that McDermott may have taken the Jesus thing too far.

No such thing as taking a man who only 2wanted us to l9ve one another to far.

As with anything else in human behavior, its how others view, portray or skew such teachings.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original message. Wouldn't you agree?

Man, that's tough to watch. I hope they can get him the help he needs.

Assuming for the moment that this was an event related to mental and/or emotional illness, was it really necessary for the LAPD to charge him with a felony? And, given LAPD's history, would that charge have been laid if Zay were white?

The thing that came to my mind: Synthetic marijuana is known to induce PCP-like reactions in users.

I hope Zay is okay, and that he gets a chance to come back (in football) from whatever was going on there.

Dealt with that a lot in ER, we know its synthetic mj when negative test for dust. Both show same aggressive symptoms. Synthetic metabolizes fast and virtually undetectable... its a scary drug.

So he took the Sabres' loss pretty hard. It gets easier, Zay.

Seriously, I hope they figure this out.

On to the QB discussion. Is there any parallel between the Sabres spending massive capital (their standing as an NHL franchise, basically) to try and land McDavid and the Bills spending in a similar way (this time in several very good picks) to try and land their savior? Is it just another Pegula get rich quick scheme? (And you can probably add his spending spree in the summer of 2012 to the discussion, maybe the hiring of Rex.)

Put another way, would you time travel and trade our Eichel pick for four first-rounders in that draft?

The thing that came to my mind: Synthetic marijuana is known to induce PCP-like reactions in users.

I hope Zay is okay, and that he gets a chance to come back (in football) from whatever was going on there.

I lived with a guy who was dabbling in synthetic for a while instead of smoking weed and I basically told him to cut that out and go back to smoking weed because he was super weird on the synthetic stuff. I think at the time it was branded as K2. I remember one instance we were driving home from somewhere and I was following him in my truck and he had just used some K2 and he was driving SUPER SLOW. When we got home he told me he was freaking out about the police (there were no police). 

Synthetic is bad stuff. 

Dealt with that a lot in ER, we know its synthetic mj when negative test for dust. Both show same aggressive symptoms. Synthetic metabolizes fast and virtually undetectable... its a scary drug.

Thanks for the insight.

So he took the Sabres' loss pretty hard. It gets easier, Zay.

Seriously, I hope they figure this out.

On to the QB discussion. Is there any parallel between the Sabres spending massive capital (their standing as an NHL franchise, basically) to try and land McDavid and the Bills spending in a similar way (this time in several very good picks) to try and land their savior? Is it just another Pegula get rich quick scheme? (And you can probably add his spending spree in the summer of 2012 to the discussion, maybe the hiring of Rex.)

Put another way, would you time travel and trade our Eichel pick for four first-rounders in that draft?

I'm not sure there's really a parallel, since it's uniquely true that you have to have your franchise QB in the NFL in order to succeed. So I think it's more indisputably true that it's worth doing what you need to do to get your guy. It may not work, but it's mission critical -- in a way that getting one elite talent is not as mission critical in the NHL. In other words, you can build a Cup contending team without a McDavid-level player.

Thanks for the insight.

I'm not sure there's really a parallel, since it's uniquely true that you have to have your franchise QB in the NFL in order to succeed. So I think it's more indisputably true that it's worth doing what you need to do to get your guy. It may not work, but it's mission critical -- in a way that getting one elite talent is not as mission critical in the NHL. In other words, you can build a Cup contending team without a McDavid-level player.

You can win a Super Bowl without a franchise QB, right?

You can win a Super Bowl without a franchise QB, right?

Not usually. It did happen this year, though. I'm not sure what to make of the Foles stuff with the Eagles, honestly.

Unless and until certain coordinators start having regular success with journeyman guys, I'll continue to believe that you need to find a franchise QB in order to contend.

But maybe this is the dawning of an era where really good O-coordinators can get the needed production out of Wentz, Foles, Keenum -- whomever.

(My intent in mentioning Wentz -- reputedly a franchise QB -- is that he's apparently interchangeable with Foles.)

Edited by That Aud Smell

Not even my hyperbolic cynisism predicted this. The Bills franchise should be made into a soap opera. All it's missing is a Brother-father or evil twin. 

I didn't want to spoil it for you, but wait until season 3, episode 7.  The writers just put the finishing touches on the script.

And you can win a Super Bowl without an Eichel level quarterback.

Hell, Nick Foles is barely at Derek Roy level.

This is true. But the QB argument is not about what can be done, but what is likely to be done. As others have said, there's no better way to consistently compete than with a top-flight QB. Going the decent and defense route sends you into essentially a 2-year window before the defense gets dismantled due to the cap.

If the Bills sell the world and end up with a HoF-level QB, nobody will care about the price. However, if they sell the farm and end up with Jameis Winston, they won't be better off than having kept Tyrod and built the roster more. It's definitely a risk, but that doesn't make it an unworthy risk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.