Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Trade Taylor and sign McCarron, they said.  It'll all be fine! they said.

FWIW, I have a good friend who is a lifelong Giants fan and he is certain the Giants are going to stay at #2 and draft a QB.

Is that any different than someone on this board predicting what the Sabres will do, or is this a person with inside information?

Just sit at 12 and take Jackson  :thumbsup:

I'm better with this idea than just about anything else.

Is that any different than someone on this board predicting what the Sabres will do, or is this a person with inside information?

Not a-tall. My point is simply that no one should assume the Giants are going to take a RB and not a QB, esp since the Eli era appears to be over.

Trade Taylor and sign McCarron, they said.  It'll all be fine! they said.

If we're being snarky, I think I have dibs. I predicted last year that when they traded out of Mahomes/Watson/Kizer that it wouldn't be so easy to trade up to get the guy they wanted this season :D

I'm better with this idea than just about anything else.

All depends how people feel about Jackson. He's my QB3, but Flagg wouldn't even draft him in round 4. Wonder what the Bills feel about him? I think he'd be a terror running an Eaglies-like RPO offense, but we have no idea what Daboll plans on doing.

GM Chris Ballard said in an interview that the Colts has discussions with other teams about moving down, but ultimately they did not want to move outside the Top Ten.

There is your answer why the Bills didn’t trade up

Makes perfect sense.

I do now wonder whether they’ll be able to find a partner in the top 5 at this point.

GM Chris Ballard said in an interview that the Colts has discussions with other teams about moving down, but ultimately they did not want to move outside the Top Ten.

There is your answer why the Bills didn’t trade up

Still wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts traded back to Buffalo at number 12. Mayfield may be available at number 6. Indianapolis would then have a large number of picks in the first 2 rounds. Colts are doing well.

Still wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts traded back to Buffalo at number 12. Mayfield may be available at number 6. Indianapolis would then have a large number of picks in the first 2 rounds. Colts are doing well.

Maybe, however Ballard also mentioned he will get a great player at 6 and with three seconds he can fill some holes.

But the Colts are in the driver seat

Best thing he can do is stay pat, his QB doesn't fall.  wait another year and build a team.

I’m torn about this, the Bills have followed this script for so long and it hasn’t been successful at all. Every move they have made since the opening night of the draft last year has been about accumulating assets to get their Franchise QB. As of now they won’t have this assets next season and it’s doubtful they will.

If and it’s a big if, they feel one of these guys is worth it go for broke on him.

They may need to trade from 12 to 8, then go for the second pick.

Colts didn’t want to trade out of the top 10. Giants may be wanting to stay at number 2 for the chance to draft Barkley or take a qb. The Bills may want to be in the top 3, but If a team doesn’t want to trade out, there is nothing that can be done.

#1 Cle QB

#2 NYG QB

#3 NYJ QB

#4 Cle Trade out for picks

#5 Den QB

That is how I see it falling. So at 12 a good player will have fallen. Assume someone behind us wants that player, I would trade back with the condition that it will take 2019 firsts as part of the price. Theoretically we could trade down and accumulate 2019 firsts while still acquiring solid talent in this draft. Sort of the Belicheat model. I like Rosen. Darnold a bit less. Allen not as a first rounder. Mayfield screams psycho to me. And the rest are solid athletes but not franchise altering players. Interesting to see if Bills play long game or push all in.

#1 Cle QB

#2 NYG QB

#3 NYJ QB

#4 Cle Trade out for picks

#5 Den QB

That is how I see it falling. So at 12 a good player will have fallen. Assume someone behind us wants that player, I would trade back with the condition that it will take 2019 firsts as part of the price. Theoretically we could trade down and accumulate 2019 firsts while still acquiring solid talent in this draft. Sort of the Belicheat model. I like Rosen. Darnold a bit less. Allen not as a first rounder. Mayfield screams psycho to me. And the rest are solid athletes but not franchise altering players. Interesting to see if Bills play long game or push all in.

If Tyrod was still on the roster I'd agree with your post, but they pretty much went all in on drafting a starting QB.  They can't step away from it now.  At this point we could be looking at drafting another EJ Manuel because we are locked into drafting a QB regardless of how it falls in front of us.

Welp.

They were not in a position to get the Colts pick at 3 - based on what Ballard said and given the price paid.

Do the Giants even want to trade out? I’m thinking maybe not.

Browns ain’t giving up #1. Are they?

That would leave #4. And if all QBs go at 1, 2, 3 — then you likely won’t get the player you want at 4.

I’m mostly unconcerned with the Taylor trade, irrespective of how the draft shakes out. That sort of production at QB is replacement level.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Probably some combination of the crucifix and the tattoo of Jesus hiding behind it.

Maybe I have this all wrong, but I seem to remember that the crucifix was more of a Catholic thing and they emphasise the death of Jesus (PBUH) more that other Christians who emphasise the resurrection and tend to wear 'empty' crosses.

Maybe I have this all wrong, but I seem to remember that the crucifix was more of a Catholic thing and they emphasise the death of Jesus (PBUH) more that other Christians who emphasise the resurrection and tend to wear 'empty' crosses.

McCarron is Catholic.

If Tyrod was still on the roster I'd agree with your post, but they pretty much went all in on drafting a starting QB.  They can't step away from it now.  At this point we could be looking at drafting another EJ Manuel because we are locked into drafting a QB regardless of how it falls in front of us.

They are only locked in if they choose to be. Reload to maintain your position for next year while adding more guys for your system. They liked McCarron for some reason, and the run heavy system is manageable one more year. I think trading TT before you have a guy was short sighted but they can walk away if their guys is not available. Or not. They may pick someone no one ever considered and tell everyone he was the guy all along.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.