GDT: Sabres at Minnesota Wild, 8pm ET 1/4/2018

jsb

Yes NHL goalie pads are stoopid huge

Like the chatter in the golf world about rolling the golf ball back to reduce it's carry, maybe the NHL needs to look at the puck.  If the puck was redesigned to be more of the foam rubber puck that we all used in our early years, maybe the goalies would be less "scared" of injury and the NHL could get meaningful reductions to the size of the goalie equipment.  If not, I can't see any alternative to increasing the size of the net (which I am not opposed).

The Wild are what the Sabres were for most of their first 40 years: a very good team that can beat you bad yet never quite have that extra it factor to put them over the top.

Remember when we used to talk about how horrible it was to always be a bridesmaid?

Great description

Amazing find!  When I look at this Sumo, he doesn't look any bigger than any of the NHL goalies.  And NHL goalies are not 350 pounds.  Something doesn't make sense.

Couple of nits to pick in the Sports Science video. 1) The Sumo goalie was parked at the goal line. Any normal goalie comes out to cut down the angle. 2) His glove position was totally wrong, resting them on his knees. He should have his gloves out and up to take up more space. He missed another 5-6% coverage because of his gloves in the wrong place. 3) Fuggedabout that 5-hole.

Couple of nits to pick in the Sports Science video. 1) The Sumo goalie was parked at the goal line. Any normal goalie comes out to cut down the angle. 2) His glove position was totally wrong, resting them on his knees. He should have his gloves out and up to take up more space. He missed another 5-6% coverage because of his gloves in the wrong place. 3) Fuggedabout that 5-hole.

For arguments sake, let's just say there is a human with the dimension of 6' by 4'.  With pads, this person would take up all the net and more.  What would the NHL do then??  How much would that goalie earn??

Looking on the bright side of things:

1) We kept them to only 6; could have been 8 or 9.  :lol:

2) We are horrible and going to get much worse after the trade deadline when the little talent we have is stripped from the team, save Eichel; we have a great shot at finishing last and with some luck, who knows.  Maybe we can win the lottery and take Dahlin.

3) Mittelstadt has become the toast of the World Juniors; arguably best player on the ice for any country.

4) I really feel like Botterill is going to sell off everything he can; this team is going to be severely restructured.

5) The trades are likely to start soon.  Maybe as soon as next week.  I'm anxious to see how things play out.

How much longer does PH survive? These guys are NHL players. This is unacceptable.

This show is more on the players than the coach in my opinion.

Having said that, I think Housley has proven to be the wrong guy for the job.

I don't expect him to go anywhere this season.  Think he starts next season as our HC.

This ###### show is more on the players than the coach in my opinion.

I don't expect him to go anywhere this season.  Think he starts next season as our HC.

I don't think it's on the players.    They look lost, like they're playing without a purpose.... there's a massive leadership void and PH can't lead these guys.  

Sadly, I agree that PH is prolly here to start the next season.    

Looking on the bright side of things:

1) We kept them to only 6; could have been 8 or 9.  :lol:

2) We are horrible and going to get much worse after the trade deadline when the little talent we have is stripped from the team, save Eichel; we have a great shot at finishing last and with some luck, who knows.  Maybe we can win the lottery and take Dahlin.

3) Mittelstadt has become the toast of the World Juniors; arguably best player on the ice for any country.

4) I really feel like Botterill is going to sell off everything he can; this team is going to be severely restructured.

5) The trades are likely to start soon.  Maybe as soon as next week.  I'm anxious to see how things play out.

This ###### show is more on the players than the coach in my opinion.

like those 5 points, 4 and 5 need to happen.

Other than the 3rd period and ot of the Classic, I haven't seen a game in 3 weeks.

I refuse to go to games and take the kids so I don't even tell them when they play. This whole thing is unwatchable and forgettable

i mentioned in a prior post on this thread. i have basically stopped rooting for the sabres. i have been a fan of the sabres since around 1993 when i first started to watch hockey and between this season where everyone seems to have given up on trying and the tank season, that i cant support this team anymore. i realized it when i had a ticket to a flyers/sabres game in a luxury box and at game day i made every excuse of why not to go. I will always be a fan of the sabres deep down, but win or lose, i will not pay to watch their games anymore.

That being said, hockey is still my favorite sport, so I have been following the wild very closely for several weeks. this game was really an eye opener for me. i noticed right away that everyone on the sabres were just standing around and the wild were doing as they pleased. Nobody crashed the goal, nobody kicked anyone of from camping in front of the goal to stop redirects and rebounds. i always blamed lehner, and i still do, but there is not a single person on this team besides kane and sometime eichel that should be on this team next season. (i think eichel pouts too much too and quits like the others)

In the 3rd quarter the wild basically backed off to keep from running up the score any higher and the 2 goals were junk goals because nobody cared anymore. 

i hate to say it, but the entire sabres org should be ashamed of themselves to where they let this team become. its sad

Look at Dom with no pads.

I'd rather not.

Funny-Skinny-Old-Man-Image.jpg

The Wild are what the Sabres were for most of their first 40 years: a very good team that can beat you bad yet never quite have that extra it factor to put them over the top.

Remember when we used to talk about how horrible it was to always be a bridesmaid?

Yep, and here we are, the ugly stepsister...

bring bylsma back

hush_yo_mouth_t_shirt-r1c4856f331e641e4b

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.