GDT: Sabres at Minnesota Wild, 8pm ET 1/4/2018

jsb

Never mind.

He hit him clean in the head.

Enjoy your games off Risto.

Swamp, I'm usually with you on this stuff, but that is not what I saw.

I'm with Thorny. He may not have targeted the head, but he hit it when there was no need for contact at all.

That was edgy Risto seeing an opportunity to hurt - probably because he was pissed off they were down.

Yep.

Based on the slo-no review in the intermission it's the right call on Risto. If he goes for more of a hip check then I think there's no call.

Doesn't help that the Nation hit is fresh in the minds of officials either.

Risto plays with an edge and he crossed it there.

"Targeted" might be old language. Head as "main point of contact" is what's in this year's book. And the contact has to be avoidable.

I remember a time when a 3 goal lead wasn't safe. I don't think this team has the resolve to come back. I would just like to see a competitive second and third.

I dunno, Stranger Things. I wouldn't put it past them. And we might have to remember that great save Lehner made coming over to his right late in the period.

#edibles

I remember a time when a 3 goal lead wasn't safe. I don't think this team has the resolve to come back. I would just like to see a competitive second and third.

Amen, brother.  At least entertain me if you lose.

"Targeted" might be old language. Head as "main point of contact" is what's in this year's book. And the contact has to be avoidable.

I dunno, Stranger Things. I wouldn't put it past them. And we might have to remember that great save Lehner made coming over to his right late in the period.

#edibles

I'm going full 180. I think he did target and will have to have an in person hearing. I'm starting to think Risto ain't so bright.

The three dumbest words in hockey: Winter Classic Letdown.

Is it dumb that it's being said, or that it has to be said? These players have, pathetically, clearly let up in the wake of that game.

The roster needs an overhaul, and not tweaks, eh? Almost can't believe it.

Agreed. We're a bad team playing a good team. I don't see the need to psychoanalyze this.

I'm really not so sure. Looks like a letdown to me, beyond the obvious talent gap.

4-0 25 minutes in is a special kind of inept. Certainly allowing for all kinds of factors.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.