GDT: Sabres at Minnesota Wild, 8pm ET 1/4/2018

jsb

it is night and day difference in the quality of play. the wild are passing the puck cleanly, and the sabres are just standing around and watching like spectators. i have been blaming lehner for the losses they have had, but so far in this game, i have not seen a single good defensive good play by the sabres. 

That was dumb on Risto's part.

I hear what Ray is saying, but it was slightly late and clearly to the head.

And completely unnecessary.

Rob Ray "tough call".

Get bent. That's a suspension.

Yup.

Why is Bogo on his ass in the crease for every goal against?

This is a team playing like the Winter Classic was their Stanley Cup.

Because he's bad.

That Risto hit was not worthy of a game misconduct by any stretch of the imagination. He did not target the head, I do not see him aiming for anything but the shoulder. But as Buffalo, we will always get ###### by the refs and the league so likely a suspension for a borderline interference call. 

No. He didn't.

He may have hit him in the head but didn't target it and it wasn't even remotely late.

That's a bullshiz game misconduct.

OK, fine. We don't know what was in Risto's head. But he hit him in the head and injured him. And in NHL in 2018 that was late.

That Risto hit was not worthy of a game misconduct by any stretch of the imagination. He did not target the head, I do not see him aiming for anything but the shoulder. But as Buffalo, we will always get ###### by the refs and the league so likely a suspension for a borderline interference call. 

Robin, braaaahhhhh...

He hit him in the shoulder. His face got scraped by some. I've seen more head trauma by a high stick.

Swamp, I'm usually with you on this stuff, but that is not what I saw.

I'm with Thorny. He may not have targeted the head, but he hit it when there was no need for contact at all.

That was edgy Risto seeing an opportunity to hurt - probably because he was pissed off they were down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.