GDT: Sabres at Minnesota Wild, 8pm ET 1/4/2018

jsb

ERod is about as effective a third-line Centre as Reinhart was, with better wingers.

Pominville can score with Jack. Put him in Reinhart’s spot.

Kane can score with anyone. Put Samson with him.

ROR/KO/Pouliot is a decent matchup line.

And find a legitimate forward who can finish to fill that gaping hole in the top nine.

The decision not to re-sign Gionta looks bad in retrospect.

ERod is about as effective a third-line Centre as Reinhart was, with better wingers.

And find a legitimate forward who can finish to fill that gaping hole in the top nine.

It does, but I don't care. Because this team needs to score without him here. 

I don't think those are bad ideas, but I also have the pheeling that Phil is going to stick to these lines for a while. He finally has something that looks like a team with chemistry, and I don't think he wants the perfect to be the enemy of the good (or the "not that bad"), at this point...

Ill never root for a tank again: Uncle Gary WILL ensure the Sabres get the worst possible option.

Win win and win

I'm not confused as to why fans wanted a tank, but I will always be confused as to how the thing which was most likely to happen, happening, is guaranteed proof that despite all evidence to the contrary, the lotteries were rigged against the Sabres

I'm not confused as to why fans wanted a tank, but I will always be confused as to how the thing which was most likely to happen, happening, is guaranteed proof that despite all evidence to the contrary, the lotteries were rigged against the Sabres

I agree I mean I know I say its rigged and I HOPE it isn't rigged but it sure does FEEL rigged. To my knowledge, the Sabres have never benefited from the lottery ever, they have only gone down or stayed the same. Could be wrong unless Im missing something

I agree I mean I know I say its rigged and I HOPE it isn't rigged but it sure does FEEL rigged. To my knowledge, the Sabres have never benefited from the lottery ever, they have only gone down or stayed the same. Could be wrong unless Im missing something

Gilbert Perreault would like a word with you.

They did win the coin flip or whatever it was against Vancouver that gave us Perreault back in 1970.

I’m confused. Am I supposed to root for a win, or a good effort and better odds of Dahlin?

A win.

And that speaks to why people seem to be tuning out even with the improved play as of late: losing in OT isn't fun for a fan, even though we get a point.

We want wins!

Edited by Bjorn Borg

Pominville and Reinhart each had 1 point in December. It's looking ugly for those two, though one is a lot more problematic than the other going forward.

For what it's worth, maybe nothing, we have improved in some areas - last season we outshot our opponents 25 times, and this year through half the season we're already at 20. Other stats don't look as good. *shrugs*

Even though we've passed the point where a similar looking core to what we have right now has a chance of winning playoff series at some point soon, it is still important that they figure out how to win hockey games, and I expect nothing less than these guys working their ###### off to do it. I'm encouraged by their play lately in that department.

Eye opening. Particularly the bolded.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.