GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7PM EST, MSG-B, NHL.tv

MattPie

Says a lot we hen my 10 year old son and 12 yo daughter both chose pommenville winter classics

Eichel is far away as a fan favorite

I was in Dick’s Sporting Goods earlier today and they had an entire rack of Jack Eichel sweaters. I told my wife, those are gonna be a tough sell this season.

Fire Housley now. He is in way over his head. They need to hire an experienced head coach and bring in new assistants. I am sure Botterill is panicking. I have never seen an NHL team give up like this

i’m sure Pegula wants to eat another friggin contract right about now Edited by Jacque Richard

Why was he in the locker room talking to Jack?

I won’t beat a dead horse, which I certainly do from time to time, but, in order to see if there’s some common ground, I can realistically imagine ...

“Jack, I know these are some tough times, but we’re as happy with you today as we were the day we picked you.”

I’m good with that.

I can’t imagine ....

“Jack, we’ve ordered you some shorter sticks to see if we can’t goose your shooting percentage up to 10% or 11%.”

I wouldn’t be good with that.

Maybe I’m naive, but I’d bet it was closer to the former than the latter.

i’m sure Pegula wants to eat another friggin contract right about now

I'm not sure how to put this kindly but that guy. I've seen bumbling owners before but Terry is doing some unprecedented stuff. I can't not hold him accountable. He's choosing these bozos and it keeps getting worse. We are worse than the Ron Rolston lead Sabres who were as bad at hockey as any collection of players ever assembled on ice.

I was in Dick’s Sporting Goods earlier today and they had an entire rack of Jack Eichel sweaters. I told my wife, those are gonna be a tough sell this season.

Eichel is now ~95th in the league in goals scored, and 314th in the league at shot percentage.   Definitely some 3rd line goodness there.  

And the team is now officially last in the entire NHL in points, and has slipped to a 49 point season pace.   That's just unimaginable.    ESPN has 'em at 31st in the power rankings.

Pegula's ownership, and his 'committee'/hands on style, is an unmitigated disaster.  

I'm not sure how to put this kindly but ###### that guy. I've seen bumbling owners before but Terry is doing some unprecedented stuff. I can't not hold him accountable. He's choosing these bozos and it keeps getting worse. We are worse than the Ron Rolston lead Sabres who were as bad at hockey as any collection of players ever assembled on ice.

It’s obvious their scouting department isn’t good either. Any of us could have made these picks in the first round the last few years. I don’t see much in the pipeline besides maybe 3 players. This team is an absolute mess. I didn’t think it would get worse from last year but this team is just as bad as when the tank started. Crazy because they have some players that can play. They just look so unmotivated when you watch them. Kinda wondering if these players don’t like Housley’s system or they just aren’t good enough for it.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I'm not sure how to put this kindly but ###### that guy. I've seen bumbling owners before but Terry is doing some unprecedented stuff. I can't not hold him accountable. He's choosing these bozos and it keeps getting worse. We are worse than the Ron Rolston lead Sabres who were as bad at hockey as any collection of players ever assembled on ice.

But he saved both teams from moving....such nice people.....#pegulaville, #hockeyheaven....

Habs scored 10 tonight

And the tanks come march in. Oh the tanks come marching in....

I missed the game. I was enjoying the Bulldawgs stomping of Auburn to much to spoil it with a Sabres game.

Swift's run had me losing my . That cut back and acceleration. Also Elijah Holyfield is deceptively good.

No need to comment on the game.

But Rob Ray was a joke tonight.  He was off on his commentary by far more than usual.  I'm wondering if he's taken to drinking before the games.

Pointing out that Reinhart was at fault on the one goal is laughable... my kid was yelling at the TV at Ray.  That was Gorges all day long.

Calling it a 2 on 1 on the one goal... eesh.  There's my kid yelling, close the gap and don't let him shoot...

Oh well.. we watch because we hate ourselves enough to do so.   It's not the coaching, it's not the owner, it's not the GM.  This is ALL on the players and that needs to get straightened out.  No coincidence the articles hitting the wire today is that BOtterill is entertaining calls on anyone on the roster not named Jack Eichel.

No need to comment on the game.

But Rob Ray was a joke tonight.  He was off on his commentary by far more than usual.  I'm wondering if he's taken to drinking before the games.

Pointing out that Reinhart was at fault on the one goal is laughable... my kid was yelling at the TV at Ray.  That was Gorges all day long.

Calling it a 2 on 1 on the one goal... eesh.  There's my kid yelling, close the gap and don't let him shoot...

Oh well.. we watch because we hate ourselves enough to do so.   It's not the coaching, it's not the owner, it's not the GM.  This is ALL on the players and that needs to get straightened out.  No coincidence the articles hitting the wire today is that BOtterill is entertaining calls on anyone on the roster not named Jack Eichel.

I think coaching a minor contributor all the rest on players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.