What Should The Sabres Goals Be For The Rest of The Season?

GASabresIUFAN

Goals for the 2nd half of the season:

Team goal  - 41 points in last 41 games, finishing season in 2nd last place     (0 points in 1 game played)  but

Reinhart find his game and put up 25 points in last 41 games.  Back to career avg of .6pts per game.    (0 points in 1 game played)

Sign Mittelstadt, Borgen and Fitzgerald when college seasons ends

Trade Kane for a high end prospect who will play in NHL next year and high draft pick

Nylander find his place on Amerks and become a point per game producer.

2nd half results - 2 GP   - 0 Points

Reinhart - 2GP - 0 points

Especially if Lehner is gone and Ullmark is brought up.

I wouldn't expect an improvement just by swapping goalies.

It's going to be up to forwards who actually want to play hockey. Right now we've got a bad mix of Jack, talent that doesn't care, talent that cares but is too slow, and your typical filler players. Those middle two classes are the big problem.

I wouldn't expect an improvement just by swapping goalies.

It's going to be up to forwards who actually want to play hockey. Right now we've got a bad mix of Jack, talent that doesn't care, talent that cares but is too slow, and your typical filler players. Those middle two classes are the big problem.

I like your analysis

I like your analysis

I think this team gets better by unloading Reinhart because he's a two-fer, sitting firmly in both middle categories.

If you can get Okposo off the roster you improve team speed. We can't move O'Reilly because he's a position of need so we have to live with his slowness.

Pominville needs to probably go as well. I like him but he's not contributing.

Girgensons too, since it's become obvious he does not have an NHL shot nor is he dominant enough physically to overcome that.

We need four good forwards and at least one defenceman who can skate and score.

Best if they replace Pominville Pouliot Josefson, Beaulieu and Larsson.

But if it’s Kane Reinhart Okposo McCabe and anyone else but Jack, that’s fine too.

We have an outside hope Middelstadt, Guhle and this year’s pick can fill three of the holes.

It’s going to take time and luck.

And more suffering.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

I think the only goal left for this season is to improve the offense. The Sabres are going to finish in the bottom 2. They have the second worst offense in the NHL. They sit currently 30th, 8 pts behind Ott in 29th and Ott has 2 games in hand. Based on these numbers there is no way we are escaping 30th or 31st. We therefore need to open things up and see if we can get guys like Reinhart and KO back on track.

2nd half results - 2 GP   - 0 Points

Reinhart - 2GP - 0 points

I need you to keep these updates coming, for comedic relief, seriously. (That’s not a dig at the posts, but the stats within.)

I think this team gets better by unloading Reinhart because he's a two-fer, sitting firmly in both middle categories.

If you can get Okposo off the roster you improve team speed. We can't move O'Reilly because he's a position of need so we have to live with his slowness.

Pominville needs to probably go as well. I like him but he's not contributing.

Girgensons too, since it's become obvious he does not have an NHL shot nor is he dominant enough physically to overcome that.

Well said, as per usual.

We need four good forwards and at least one defenceman who can skate and score.

Best if they replace Pominville Pouliot Josefson, Beaulieu and Larsson.

But if it’s Kane Reinhart Okposo McCabe and anyone else but Jack, that’s fine too.

We have an outside hope Middelstadt, Guhle and this year’s pick can fill three of the holes.

It’s going to take time and luck.

And more suffering.

It’s probably the only way Botterill can go about things, and the bad news is, it’s going to cost us years of Eichel’s prime. This has been disastrous in that respect.

I think the only goal left for this season is to improve the offense. The Sabres are going to finish in the bottom 2. They have the second worst offense in the NHL. They sit currently 30th, 8 pts behind Ott in 29th and Ott has 2 games in hand. Based on these numbers there is no way we are escaping 30th or 31st. We therefore need to open things up and see if we can get guys like Reinhart and KO back on track.

Okposo has shown signs of life, and he’s up to 22 points in 41 games now. Still a ways to go, but at least he’s shown the aptitude for improvement.

The track we need to get Reinhart on is the fast track out of Buffalo.

What are you getting now if you ship Reinhart out of town?  Your not going to get anything close to real value.  The goal with him now is to re-sign him to a value bridge deal and work to get his game back on track for next year.

I’m just not comfortable speculating on what other GMs may or may not be willing to pay in a trade including Sam. If there’s literally no decent return to be had, it certainly changes how one approaches the situation. But we don’t know that to be true.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.