What Should The Sabres Goals Be For The Rest of The Season?

GASabresIUFAN

Now 20 games into the 2nd half of the season, only 21 painful games to go

5 points in their last 5 bringing them to 17 points in the 20 games. A winning percentage of .425

If they play at this pace for the remainder of the season, they will end with 65 points. At 65 points they are 3% to finish 3rd last, 50% 2nd last and 47% in last

I've been tracking Samson Reinhart as well. In the 2nd half of the season he has 20GP 6G 12A. 18PTS. An impressive .90 pts/game clip.

Another 5 games down (16 to go). A nice run of 3-2 with victories over Toronto, Boston and TB. They now have 23 points in the second half of the season. Winning % of .460.

Samson has another 5 points in his last 5 games. in the 2nd half of the season, he has played 25 games and has put up 23 points

.92 points per game clip. Tied with 11 others for 29th in the scoring in the league since Jan 7

Note - since he started putting up points on Jan 17, he is tied for 15th in league scoring. with 23 points in 22 games

I also hoped to see Nylander find his game and become a point per game producer for the Amerks. It took him until Jan 27 to get anything going but since then has 12 points in his last 15 games, including points in each of his last 5 games. Hopefully a ray of sunshine in an otherwise disappointing AHL career

Edited by Crusader1969

Another day and another win by  the Coyotes.  Yeah!  The Sabres have now moved into last in the NHL.  Congrats.  Well earned.  The teams are actually tied on points and the Sabres are actually +1 in ROW, but because Az has played one less game, they are in 30th and the Sabres 31st.

Big game tomorrow.  Buffalo vs Ottawa.  The Sens currently sit in 29th at 56 pts (Sabres have 53) and have two games in hand on the Sabres.  However a victory by the Sabres moves us back into 30th and only one pt behind the Sens.

Please don't misconstrue what I'm writing.  I am rooting for the Sabres to beat the Sens later today, but I thought the Sabres sinking to the bottom of the well after their loss to the Flames (the other former Atl club) was worth noting.

Remaining season goal still in place.  1) get a top 4 pick (check) 2) find player willing to step up (check - see Reinhart, Wilson) 3) Find Amerks ready to make the jump (check; see Guhle, Ullmark, Nelson).

• 2 weeks later...

Goals for the 2nd half of the season:

Team goal  - 41 points in last 41 games, finishing season in 2nd last place     (0 points in 1 game played)  but

Reinhart find his game and put up 25 points in last 41 games.  Back to career avg of .6pts per game.    (0 points in 1 game played)

Sign Mittelstadt, Borgen and Fitzgerald when college seasons ends

Trade Kane for a high end prospect who will play in NHL next year and high draft pick

Nylander find his place on Amerks and become a point per game producer.

Goal #1 play .500 hockey

Sabres have now played 30 games in the 2nd half of the season.

Record is 13-14-3 for 29 points. Since Jan 7th they have the 21st best record in the league.

Goal #2 Reinhart to pick up scoring to at least his career Avg of .60 pts/game 

Samson has been red-hot picking up 29 points in his last 30 games. .966 per game. Hopefully Sabres have found a second scoring option behind Eichel. Over the last 2 months he is tied for 14th in league scoring - tied with Marner, Laine, Giroux and Pasternak.

Goal #3 Sign Mittelstadt, Fizgerald and Borgeon

#caseywatch officially launched last night as both Minnesota and BC saw their seasons end. Borgen will continue on as St.Cloud is the top seed in its bracket.

Goal #4 Trade Kane for a #1 and top prospect

likely a fail but still a chance for a #1 draft pick. O'Regan was a top prospect of the Sharks but not one of the names I was hoping for.

Goal #5 Nylander improve and become a point per game player

Definitely improvement but still needs to score more  4G 11A in last 20 games

Edited by Crusader1969

This seems like a substantial overstatement.

I think I know where you were going with this ...

Thanks for the confirmation!

Just because he was a highly rated prospect does not mean he was going to be a very good player.  Maybe a 3rd liner?  Maybe a 4th liner?  Maybe an AHLer?

I think I know where you were going with this ...

Just because he was a highly rated prospect does not mean he was going to be a very good player.  Maybe a 3rd liner?  Maybe a 4th liner?  Maybe an AHLer?

Don't think I said he was going to be a good player, just that "he was one of the sharks top prospects" which is completely accurate and doesn't mean I think he is going to be an NHL star

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.