What Should The Sabres Goals Be For The Rest of The Season?

GASabresIUFAN

Some of us begrudge people who call themselves "fans" who cannot enjoy a win. I'm on the fence between begrudging and attributing it to some minor psychosis...

Changing names to Swedish is fun. The fact you actually use it to try to call me a hypocrite is pretty weak. I hope I don't need to explain more why I'm not a hypocrite; I trust you're bright enough to figure it out.

It was said in jest. Last I checked they don't give out awards to superfans so you'll have to excuse me for not celebrating a 3 game winning streak in the back half of a terrible season like it's the 4th of July.

I find it strange that you take such offense to being called a hypocrite when you're talking down to people and comparing them to drug addicts or mentally ill people though. Next time I'll just go with .

Edited by Alkoholist

Try enjoying watching them win games. 

Enjoy them winning meaningless games? There is zero chance they make the playoffs but hey now we'll pick 9th or 10th lose a shot at an elite player because they need those 5 extra wins to tell themselves they're better than how their playing, what a crock of ######.

I have watched less than a handful of games all season, they're unwatchable and should have stayed that way until the end like they were supposed to.

Edited by GoPuckYourself

Enjoy them winning meaningless games? There is zero chance they make the playoffs but hey now we'll pick 9th or 10th lose a shot at an elite player because they need those 5 extra wins to tell themselves they're better than how their playing, what a crock of ######.

I have watched less than a handful of games all season, they're unwatchable and should have stayed that way until the end like they were supposed to.

Do you know how the lottery works now?

Some of us begrudge people who call themselves "fans" who cannot enjoy a win. I'm on the fence between begrudging and attributing it to some minor psychosis...

Changing names to Swedish is fun. The fact you actually use it to try to call me a hypocrite is pretty weak. I hope I don't need to explain more why I'm not a hypocrite; I trust you're bright enough to figure it out.

Don't spin things by saying "fans who cannot enjoy a win".  I've watched almost every game.  I just like watching them play and if we lose, I try to find some positive, i.e. Jack got a point, etc.

What if you hoping for wins - and wins hurt the team long term?  Will you admit you are a hypocrite as you camouflage selfishness by wearing a cloak of "fan"?  After all, it's all about you, right?

If we won an extra 5 games we might what? Go from 2nd to 5th? I'd rather see Reinhart, Eichel and Okposo continue to do well then have a 20% chance at Dahlin as opposed to 12%

Perfectly said. 

My opinion is,  I would rather they lose the extra 5 games and give me the 8%.  

See erick72 - you don't have to attach the persons love for the team to reach a simple opinion on what you think is best for the team.

Omg wins aren't hurting us. We won 3 games in a row and didn't go anywhere. We can't lose forever.

I get it but they are.  I didn't want this but we're here.  

Shoot I probably voted in the top 20% for the "how many points will the Sabres have in October".  I thought they'd come out hot - mirroring how Jack came out like a cannon after returning from injury.  

I was stunned the first few Months.  I've since caught my breath and thought what's the positive?  For me it's Jack getting points and getting the best pick we can.  It's the only thing to me worth going through this shockingly awful season in which I thought my team would knock on the playoff door. 

Edited by 7+6=13

It isn't just luck. It's scouting too.

I'll acquiesce on that.  So it can go both ways.  I see your point - today I can't get you to see mine.   Wish I could have articulated it in a better way.  

You're one of my favorite posters and I agree with you like 90% of the time.  Today we don't, so what, right?

We picked 8th last year, who wishes we picked 3rd?

We still could have picked Mittelstadt at 3rd. We lucked out that he fell to Buffalo in 2017.

Try doing the same exercise for 2016 though. We'd probably have a player already contributing rather than a player struggling to score in the AHL.

Don't spin things by saying "fans who cannot enjoy a win".  I've watched almost every game.  I just like watching them play and if we lose, I try to find some positive, i.e. Jack got a point, etc.

What if you hoping for wins - and wins hurt the team long term?  Will you admit you are a hypocrite as you camouflage selfishness by wearing a cloak of "fan"?  After all, it's all about you, right?

This is pretty obnoxious.

i don't lose sleep over the Sabres winning a few games. The odds are that even if you finish last you are probably drafting 4th.

Though, I will admit I cheer for teams around the Sabres to win as well and would prefer the Sabres finish as close to bottom as possible, even with them winnng a few games

If you are stressing about the Sabres winning, I would suggest to do some research on the following players: Adam Boqvist, Quinn Hughes, Noah Dobson and Evan Bouchard.

Boqvist is an Karlsson clone, Hughes is an elite skater and puck mover, Dobson is the prototypical shut down, 25 mins per game guy with offensive upside and Bouchard is an avg skater but has elite vision and incredible shot.

Just maybe the Sabres long term will be better off with another 25 min a night dman over an 18min a night winger (zadina, svechnikov and Tkachuk)?

Draft the best player available. I can trade for a defender. I can draft one anywhere in round 1 and even round 2. Draft the best player.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still drafting Zadina, Svechnikov and Tkachuk at 2,3 and 4. Just saying getting a dmen who will fill out picks 5,6,7,8 isn't that bad and could actually work out better.

We will be in the lottery regardless of our "winning streak(s)". Let's give our present young guys some confidence and our coaches some reinforcement that they are heading in the right direction.

Don't forget that we should get more picks, maybe a first or two, for our UFAs. This is a deep draft, we will get some good players.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still drafting Zadina, Svechnikov and Tkachuk at 2,3 and 4. Just saying getting a dmen who will fill out picks 5,6,7,8 isn't that bad and could actually work out better.

Depends, I'd feel much better if Nylander got his act together.   Seems like he'll take a year longer.

We will be in the lottery regardless of our "winning streak(s)". Let's give our present young guys some confidence and our coaches some reinforcement that they are heading in the right direction.

Don't forget that we should get more picks, maybe a first or two, for our UFAs. This is a deep draft, we will get some good players.

So the FO should keep Kane, Lehner, or anyone else they would trade for future considerations?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.