GDT: Blue Jackets at Sabres 7PM 11-20-2017

spndnchz

While I'd understand the no goal at the end had they explained it normally; they said effectively that it was a goal but a Sabre was on Bob the goalie...... there wasn't a Sabre on the goalie though. 

This team angers me more with this, they hint at having skill and talent but only do so in spurts.

Kane is a conundrum, how can a player so good at scoring be so boneheaded?  

This was the best effort in a while.  Lehner should have stopped the Panarin goal. however, this game was a positive for the team.  

Come on man. No it wasn't. It's another embarrassing and garbage loss. Positive? Call me when they're above .500 for more than 10 games

Did anyone notice Jack's performance with like 2 minutes to go?  We were trying to tie up the game on the PP and a face-off in the O-zone.  ROR won the draw and the puck went to Eichel.

He was just extremely forceful and dominant...out hustled his man, drove to the slot, and made a lovely pass that led to the crazy melee in the net.

It was Jack at his finest.  As I watched, I immediately thought: "Where the hell is that level of play from the is guy 99% of the time!?"

He plays nowhere near his max potential most of the time.  That's a problem.

He's becoming a floater.  Doesn't help  that we have no ass-kickers in the lineup to keep him honest.

This is a very soft team, and that needs to change.

WTF was with that ref. He was a piece of garbage. One of the times he kicked Eichel out, it was the BJ that crossed the line.

And why not challenge that goal? What do you have to lose?

I felt the same way, but a replay later on showed one of the Sabres shoving the Jacket into Lehner. Then there's the issue of how much time elapsed after the contact. Kudos to Phil and staff for that decision.

That said, the explanation of the no goal later on was pure garbage.

Well, at least Eichel led the forwards in TOI.

The lemming media group think that related the lines as a scandal, demotion can go suck an egg. I fell for it, myself.

As far as that goes -- it looks like Harrington is retiring, and he spent about 75% of his farewell column complaining about Housley not admitting that Eichel had been demoted to the 3rd line. 

He never figured out that his beefs with Sabres management about their media communications decisions weren't remotely interesting and only served to make him look whiny, and he never figured out how to contribute some value-added hockey analysis or at least inside info about the team.

I hope the next guy is better.

As far as that goes -- it looks like Harrington is retiring, and he spent about 75% of his farewell column complaining about Housley not admitting that Eichel had been demoted to the 3rd line. 

He never figured out that his beefs with Sabres management about their media communications decisions weren't remotely interesting and only served to make him look whiny, and he never figured out how to contribute some value-added hockey analysis or at least inside info about the team.

He gets people flustered, and then the truth comes out. Remember when he made Tom Golisano spill the beans on his ownership philosophy? "The only direction I gave Larry and Darcy was just break even." (pretty close paraphrase).

Yesterday he has Housley so twisted up the coach said they don't number the lines then identified the ROR line as the top line.

Mike worked for me, and I will miss his bite.

Well, at least Eichel led the forwards in TOI.

The lemming media group think that related the lines as a scandal, demotion can go suck an egg. I fell for it, myself.

I thought that's what it was when I heard about it, just.... "these are the line combos, in no particular order."  Then on the way home I was listening to the NHL channel on SiriusXM and they were blathering on about it.  They jumped on the demotion bandwagon as well.

Morons.

He gets people flustered, and then the truth comes out. Remember when he made Tom Golisano spill the beans on his ownership philosophy? "The only direction I gave Larry and Darcy was just break even." (pretty close paraphrase).

Yesterday he has Housley so twisted up the coach said they don't number the lines then identified the ROR line as the top line.

Except he wasn't on the 3rd line, so whatever.  At some point you just want a dumb ass reporter to STFU you just tell him whatever he wants to hear.  Eichel had the highest TOI on the team..overall and ES as near as I can tell.  How can anyone say he was demoted?  There are enough problems that are real, let's discuss those.

I watched about half the game between driving all over Rochester, etc.  I saw some positives and I still see a team that has, for years, been unable to get out of their own zone and dominate play for long stretches.

That said, it's good to hear people are in Buffalo and scouting.  I am sure it's Kane and perhaps moving Kane away from Eichel was done as a way to show that he's capable of playing with more than just one player.

Except he wasn't on the 3rd line, so whatever.  At some point you just want a dumb ass reporter to STFU you just tell him whatever he wants to hear.  Eichel had the highest TOI on the team..overall and ES as near as I can tell.  How can anyone say he was demoted?  There are enough problems that are real, let's discuss those.

I watched about half the game between driving all over Rochester, etc.  I saw some positives and I still see a team that has, for years, been unable to get out of their own zone and dominate play for long stretches.

That said, it's good to hear people are in Buffalo and scouting.  I am sure it's Kane and perhaps moving Kane away from Eichel was done as a way to show that he's capable of playing with more than just one player.

Eichel was clearly demoted before the game. He was assigned to lesser players. He didn't start. He earned his ice time with a strong first 10 minutes and played well enough in Phil's eyes to get monster minutes in the third and be paired with the team's best player again. It was a pretty smart strategy for Phil, for once.

Wait - is Harrington retiring altogether? Or is he hanging around to write his dipsh1t baseball columns?

He's a persistent, incurable as_hole, so he definitely had a way of badgering people -- and sometimes they even deserved it.

As for twisting up Housley, the whole thing was revealed as a total fart in a bottle after Eichel -- the "third line center" -- got the most TOI.

I'll back off this a bit on further reflection. I echoed someone else's pre-game take that it was a demotion, a message, and that Eichel would have a chance to earn more time with his play. That is probably what happened. 

Adios, Mike. Please don't call, and please don't write. Like, ever again.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Wait - is Harrington retiring altogether? Or is he hanging around to write his dipsh1t baseball columns?

He's a persistent, incurable as_hole, so he definitely had a way of badgering people -- and sometimes they even deserved it.

As for twisting up Housley, the whole thing was revealed as a total fart in a bottle after Eichel -- the "third line center" -- got the most TOI.

I'll back off this a bit on further reflection. I echoed someone else's pre-game take that it was a demotion, a message, and that Eichel would have a chance to earn more time with his play. That is probably what happened. 

Adios, Mike. Please don't call, and please don't write. Like, ever again.

I don't think he's retiring.  His twitter feed refers to a "final wrap-up," but that tweet succeeds one referring to an "early wrap-up."  I think what he meant by "final" is "the version that's going into print."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.