Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Yeah it's the admin fees that jack it up another $7 a ticket. Oh well, bought them anyways

d4rk is right.

I’m married to a box office manager. Trust me. Walking up to the window is the cheapest and most reliable option.

Lot of us going, didn't want to risk it

Unless you’re bringing 9,000 ppl, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Too expensive? My seasons last year were $8/game. If I stayed in those seats again this year it would have been $10/game. I’m at $13 where I am now. I believe best seat available price is $15.

As for marketing, I’m sure it’s easier to take the team to Buffalo if you keep fan interest at bay here in Rochester. Lovely won’t spend the money needed to make the place respectable so Daddy Drillbucks is going to move them.

Want an example of how poorly the city manages the place? There wasn’t any friggin soap in the dispensers in the bathrooms last night! None! Makes me wonder how the employees are supposed to follow the mandate for hand washing?

Hell, there’s never been hot water in the bathrooms by 210. You can’t really blame the Amerks for the way the city manages the building.

I’d buy a cheap seat at the box office and sit wherever I’d like. If you’re not on the aisle the usher won’t bother you.

SMG manages the building, not the city.

SMG manages the building, not the city.

As well as Theater on the Ridge and CMAC. City still owns the building and makes the decisions on repairs and upgrades, and is falling short of the biggest pro team owner’s expectations. Amerks are the only faithful tenant. I believe everyone else is behind on the rent. They could sell Uncle Terry the building and let him spend the coin but they continue to own and mismanage....I’m sorry...hire SMG to mismanage it.

As well as Theater on the Ridge and CMAC. City still owns the building and makes the decisions on repairs and upgrades, and is falling short of the biggest pro team owner’s expectations. Amerks are the only faithful tenant. I believe everyone else is behind on the rent. They could sell Uncle Terry the building and let him spend the coin but they continue to own and mismanage....I’m sorry...hire SMG to mismanage it.

I’m not really sure what your point is or why you’re going off on such a tangent. I simply commented that tickets are too expensive, and they are. I hear this all of the time when I speak to casual fans who may only go once or twice a season. Season tickets are still a good deal, but single game tickets are not. Also, tbe team has been garbage for close to a decade. People want to watch a winner, no matter the level. They finally have a good team this season, so I’m sure February and March will have some larger crowds.

My point is pretty simple. You commented on my post about attendance with a complaint about ticket prices and a failure to market the team properly. I returned with my belief that the problems with what go on with attendance at BCA are a direct result of piss poor play(remember that term?) by the city of Rochester. You threw in SMG(who I mentioned manage other venues with much more success) to which you responded with more Amerks=garbage comments.

Why would Pegula keep a team in a city that have fans who do obviously despise them? Can’t you relax and enjoy the run this team is on with out bitching about them? If your looking at this years Amerks and not seeing an owner committing to excellence on ice then your blind in one eye and refuse to look through the other.

BTW. They whooped the phantoms tonight. Linus with back to back stellar performances!!

Edited by iTInSn

Cj Smith, we need to find and get more college ufa like him

Agreed

I hope this team stays together and goes on a deep playoff run.

I'm still holding out hope for Nylander to find the next gear and step up. I did not find enough evidence of this at the WJHC.

He had a few moments and put up decent stats but wasn't the go to guy in the crunch.

Nylander just needs time. Or, he could spend the off season training with his brother.

Does the WJC mean anything, honestly? Hodgson and Reinhart starred in it, no? And I think I heard someone say Eichel didn't do much in it.

True, in many cases it doesn’t. Although as someone in his third tournament, one would hope he’d excel.

Does the WJC mean anything, honestly? Hodgson and Reinhart starred in it, no? And I think I heard someone say Eichel didn't do much in it.

The point is that it could have positive wibes on a players confidence, there is no guarrante ofcourse but you never know.

I guess we will see next 10 games.

I find it interesting that 2 of the 3 Reinhart's washed out of the NHL

Yeah.  Another case of NHL nepotism creating opportunity from squirts to juniors to draft I think.  Good players, but so many open doors.  Thinking out loud, I wonder if the NCAA path is more merit based.

Yeah.  Another case of NHL nepotism creating opportunity from squirts to juniors to draft I think.  Good players, but so many open doors.  Thinking out loud, I wonder if the NCAA path is more merit based.

if by merit you mean you have to be good to earn a scholarship then yes. They don't typically care who you are unless your parent is a rich alum

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.