Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

I'm trying to pinpoint the moment that this franchise went downhill. It has been a freefall since Pegula took over but I'm thinking maybe the beginning of the end was when Golisano eliminated the scouting department, which might have  been at the root of our scouting problems, setting us back for years. 

Edited by Marvelo

Im telling you, Victor Oloffsson has the most insane wrist shot. This video is old and he has improved alot, but it gives you a glims of what he can do.

I think Olofsson could be really good. I don't know how well he can battle in corners and dig out pucks though. 

Watched on the LEafs tv tonight and there are 2 or 3 must see saves tonight. Marlie broadcasters who have seen Linus play for a couple of years now say that he will be Sabres goalie of the future, for whatever that is worth

it means we aren't re-signing Lehner, which means he'll be traded by the deadline.

I mean it is like negative something outside.

...but....hockey, eh?

I know the dude who runs ticketing at the arena and although he’d love a big crowd, he was not surprised or dismayed by the turnout. Expecting another small crowd tonight...

Ticket prices are too expensive. And they barely market the team.

Too expensive? My seasons last year were $8/game. If I stayed in those seats again this year it would have been $10/game. I’m at $13 where I am now. I believe best seat available price is $15.

As for marketing, I’m sure it’s easier to take the team to Buffalo if you keep fan interest at bay here in Rochester. Lovely won’t spend the money needed to make the place respectable so Daddy Drillbucks is going to move them.

Want an example of how poorly the city manages the place? There wasn’t any friggin soap in the dispensers in the bathrooms last night! None! Makes me wonder how the employees are supposed to follow the mandate for hand washing?

Hell, there’s never been hot water in the bathrooms by 210. You can’t really blame the Amerks for the way the city manages the building.

What is the cheapest place to get tickets from? Are there discounts available?

I’d buy a cheap seat at the box office and sit wherever I’d like. If you’re not on the aisle the usher won’t bother you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.