GDT: Preseason Game 1: Carolina at Buffalo, 9/18/2017, 7:00PM

Randall Flagg

No TV. I am excited, Hockey starting helps me let go of my Bills frustration every year. I will be in my seats per usual, drinking a beer and smiling at my wife, and daughter. Anyone can say what they want about the lack of energy in the building at times, but it is a much more family friendly experience than the Ralph.

Go Sabres!!!!

I believe an underground, bare knuckles fight in the heart of Thailand would be a more family friendly atmosphere than the Ralph.  I refuse to go to Bills games anymore, even when offered free tickets, a limo ride, a gourmet lunch spread, and all you can drink top shelf booze in a suite.

I know there are those here who go... if you are finding a good experience all the power to you.  My last few attempts have left me with nothing but contempt for the state of society.

I believe an underground, bare knuckles fight in the heart of Thailand would be a more family friendly atmosphere than the Ralph.  I refuse to go to Bills games anymore, even when offered free tickets, a limo ride, a gourmet lunch spread, and all you can drink top shelf booze in a suite.

I know there are those here who go... if you are finding a good experience all the power to you.  My last few attempts have left me with nothing but contempt for the state of society.

It's tough, the drunk obnoxious Canadians in the lower bowl were a bit much last time. Before it was the drunk fowl mouthed rednecks in the upper deck spraying everyone with beer. Only one out of the last three games were fun and that one was during the last playoff run 17 years ago... Even my adopted older brother gave up his season tickets last year. Part of it is its tough when the Bills are still losing to tolerate that stuff... The new City Field despite the Mets record is still fun to go too...

Where did this Stevie Moses come from ?

I had my head wrapped around Reinhart at center, but, never heard of Moses -- was thinking Bailey, Baptiste or Fasching would be the logical choices

Good questions, I was thinking "Who the f is Steve Moses"

A quick google yielded these results - the article didn't have a time-stamp so I'm not sure when this happened:

Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today that the team has signed forward Stevie Moses to a one-year American Hockey League contract.

Moses returns to North America after spending last season with St. Petersburg SKA of the Kontinental Hockey League, posting 10 points (3+7) in 24 games. A 27-year-old native of Leominster, Mass., Moses split the 2015-16 campaign between St. Petersburg and the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL), totaling 23 points (12+11) in 37 games.

Moses also registered 118 points (70+48) over three seasons (2012-15) with Jokerit Helsinki, including career-highs in goals (36) and points (57) during the 2014-15 campaign, and has nine points (4+5) in 24 career AHL games with Connecticut and Milwaukee.

Prior to turning pro, the 5-foot-9, 170-pound forward played four years at the University of New Hampshire (H-East), where he amassed 98 points (47+51) in 148 career games for the Wildcats. Moses led all UNH skaters in goals and points as a senior and was a two-time Hockey East All-Academic selection.

Rochester begins its 62nd season in the American Hockey League on Friday, Oct. 6 against the Syracuse Crunch at The Blue Cross Arena. Amerks Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 campaign, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. The Amerks are also offering a variety of partial plans, including Half-Season Memberships and Flex Season Memberships with vouchers good for best available seating to any home game. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day of game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS. 

A quick google yielded these results - the article didn't have a time-stamp so I'm not sure when this happened:

Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today that the team has signed forward Stevie Moses to a one-year American Hockey League contract.

Moses returns to North America after spending last season with St. Petersburg SKA of the Kontinental Hockey League, posting 10 points (3+7) in 24 games. A 27-year-old native of Leominster, Mass., Moses split the 2015-16 campaign between St. Petersburg and the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL), totaling 23 points (12+11) in 37 games.

Moses also registered 118 points (70+48) over three seasons (2012-15) with Jokerit Helsinki, including career-highs in goals (36) and points (57) during the 2014-15 campaign, and has nine points (4+5) in 24 career AHL games with Connecticut and Milwaukee.

Prior to turning pro, the 5-foot-9, 170-pound forward played four years at the University of New Hampshire (H-East), where he amassed 98 points (47+51) in 148 career games for the Wildcats. Moses led all UNH skaters in goals and points as a senior and was a two-time Hockey East All-Academic selection.

Rochester begins its 62nd season in the American Hockey League on Friday, Oct. 6 against the Syracuse Crunch at The Blue Cross Arena. Amerks Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 campaign, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. The Amerks are also offering a variety of partial plans, including Half-Season Memberships and Flex Season Memberships with vouchers good for best available seating to any home game. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day of game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS. 

Count me uninspired and a bit confused as to why he skates ahead of the other RW prospects at training camp.

Maybe a late bloomer

Where did this Stevie Moses come from ?

I had my head wrapped around Reinhart at center, but, never heard of Moses -- was thinking Bailey, Baptiste or Fasching would be the logical choices

I think Moses is the beneficiary of the Nylander injury.

He's a placeholder on the Reinhart line, not a guy they felt had a serious shot.

He doesn't even have an NHL deal. Now maybe he takes advantage...

Cool, PS can someone do a player observation synopsis post game for those of us who can't watch tonight?

Count me uninspired and a bit confused as to why he skates ahead of the other RW prospects at training camp.

Maybe a late bloomer

Housely probably wants to keep realistic 3rd and 4th lines together, and put a body on second line so Pominville/Reinhart/etc. can slot in without disrupting anything else. It makes sense that you wouldn't put a small scoring forward down at the bottom.

yea but the roster still has 23 names on it.

In the preseason when there's literally ~50 guys on the roster? :huh: The preseason roster has a truckload more names than 23 & an NHL game roster still only includes 18 skaters & 2 goalies.

That makes no sense whatsoever to have "gametime decision" scratches for the 1st preseason game.

Like someone else said above, having Eichel's name on there knowing he won't dress just seems to scream "bait & switch." I already have to pay for these farcical games. Please don't let me give the ducats to a friend that sees the Hoppe article & then ends up disappointed Eichel doesn't (& others don't) play.

I agree it's a bit of a head scratcher but it's game 1 of the preseason so I'm not going to read into too much.

They may just want to see what they've got in Moses.  Is there any chance he's late blooming NHL material?  Or is he just AHL depth?  Remember, JBot has a reputation for digging up serviceable players in unexpected places.  This may be a case of exactly that.  I expect Moses will end up in Rochester but JBot probably wants to see if he can fit in with NHL caliber players.

You have to know what your depth consists of.

They may just want to see what they've got in Moses.  Is there any chance he's late blooming NHL material?  Or is he just AHL depth?  Remember, JBot has a reputation for digging up serviceable players in unexpected places.  This may be a case of exactly that.  I expect Moses will end up in Rochester but JBot probably wants to see if he can fit in with NHL caliber players.You have to know what your depth consists of.

Who knows? Seems like they are casting a wide net with free agents, trade acqusitions and things other teams disgrarded. I guess all teams do this, some more than others. Hopefully one of the young players, of the many, rise up and surprise. Moses looked ok when I saw him. Just small

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.