GDT: Preseason Game 1: Carolina at Buffalo, 9/18/2017, 7:00PM

Randall Flagg

his listed as RW not that he'll play there.

Now at KeyBank Center. Tonight's lines vs. Canes:

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Pouliot-Reinhart-Moses

Griffith-ERod-Pu

Smith-Criscuolo-Bailey

And on defense:

Guhle-Risto

McCabe-Fedun

Goloubef-Nelson

Courtesy of Bill Hoppe: Sabres lineup.

attachicon.giflineup1.PNG

So this is incorrect?

his listed as RW not that he'll play there.

Now at KeyBank Center. Tonight's lines vs. Canes:

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Pouliot-Reinhart-Moses

Griffith-ERod-Pu

Smith-Criscuolo-Bailey

And on defense:

Guhle-Risto

McCabe-Fedun

Goloubef-Nelson

And this is correct?

No, they are both correct. The Sabres are just still listing Reinhart as a RW and Housley is still playing him as a C.  I bet the lineup was created using some internal and out of date roster. It is like when they printed out the camp lineup and they didn't bother to update weights or heights. 

Think of it this way, the one is the lineup Buffalo printed where Reinhart is a RW because that's what he was last year. The 2nd is where Reinhart played during the morning skate.. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Buffalo isn't broadcasting video and a cursory google search leads me to believe the Hurricanes are also no providing a broadcast. I say this every year, the NHL is disgrace for not proving video for pre-season games.

Aside from that I'm really excited that hockey is finally back. MUST. WIN.

So Gorges, Moulson, and Eichel are playing tonight? I thought those scrimmaging this morning won't play tonight.

I would assume that all 3 are not going tonight and that the first and published roster for the game was created prior to Housley deciding that. A roster is 23 names, so there are 23 names with only 12 forwards, 7 d, and 2 goalies actually playing or whatever the breakdown is. I would go with the lineup for who will actually be in the game. 

Last year did the Sabres announce some streaming options right before game time?

Either way, I am going to listen.  Should be able to do it.

Make or break for a few players tonight I am sure.. I have to think Housley will pare down the roster a bit earlier just to provide some time for the opening night lineup to get some extra time.  Might not happen... but I hope.

Last year did the Sabres announce some streaming options right before game time?

Either way, I am going to listen.  Should be able to do it.

Make or break for a few players tonight I am sure.. I have to think Housley will pare down the roster a bit earlier just to provide some time for the opening night lineup to get some extra time.  Might not happen... but I hope.

I would guess Cliff Pu is sent back Wednesday. His junior team opens the season Friday. 

Buffalo isn't broadcasting video and a cursory google search leads me to believe the Hurricanes are also no providing a broadcast. I say this every year, the NHL is disgrace for not proving video for pre-season games.

Aside from that I'm really excited that hockey is finally back. MUST. WIN.

It's a ploy to force people to go to pre-season games and spend money on concessions. 

:beer:  :beer:  :beer:

As far as I know, it won't be on TV. WGR550 is the place to catch it, or go to the arena and let us know what you see.

BUFFALO HOCKEY IS BACK BABY

sabres.jpg

No TV. I am excited, Hockey starting helps me let go of my Bills frustration every year. I will be in my seats per usual, drinking a beer and smiling at my wife, and daughter. Anyone can say what they want about the lack of energy in the building at times, but it is a much more family friendly experience than the Ralph.

Go Sabres!!!!

:beer:  :beer:  :beer:

As far as I know, it won't be on TV. WGR550 is the place to catch it, or go to the arena and let us know what you see.

BUFFALO HOCKEY IS BACK BABY

sabres.jpg

Eight preseason games in the NHL tonight. Three won't be televised, including ours.

It's a ploy to force people to go to pre-season games and spend money on concessions. 

That might be true. The attendance part. Not the concessions so much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.