Sweater Buying Etiquette

Taro T

This is the rule. Other than #8. Agreed on the shoes, but the neck sweat and pits after 12+ hours is just too much for me. But I understand that work commitments and work related game attendance sometimes require it.

Undershirt.  And if that doesn't do it, undershirt + Gold Bond spray.

Has there ever been a Sabre who was hyped as much, and delivered as little, as Grigorenko?  I can't think of one.

DEFINITELY:

Cyr

Tucker

Primeau

MAYBE:

Cooper (wasn't really hyped, but was a 1st)

Boucher (produced, but just not here)

Edited by Eleven

Apologies if this thread was already started a while back.

Curious what the board thinks about Geezers buying sweaters of guys that are basically as young as their kids (or grandkids, looking out for you Doohickie ;)). I've always been opposed, but am thinking about getting an Eichel. (Yes, he will sign the 8 year contract.)

He iS my favorite player since Hasek. ( And I've got a Spacek, Rivet, & old school Gare since then.)

How old do you think I am?

I never buy jerseys with names on them. Some of the players are younger than my son. I wear the jerseys when I play. I have Sabres home, away, 40th anniversary, slug, goat head, old Syracuse Crunch, Florida Everblades, Toledo Walleyes, Orlando Solar Bears, and this year got a vintage Oakland Seals. I did get a number 5 (my old youth number started at Howie Meeker hockey school, and the number my son used in high school) on it because they offered free customization, but not my or any player's name.

I never buy jerseys with names on them. Some of the players are younger than my son. I wear the jerseys when I play. I have Sabres home, away, 40th anniversary, slug, goat head, old Syracuse Crunch, Florida Everblades, Toledo Walleyes, Orlando Solar Bears, and this year got a vintage Oakland Seals. I did get a number 5 (my old youth number started at Howie Meeker hockey school, and the number my son used in high school) on it because they offered free customization, but not my or any player's name.

Not one w/ Clinton as the nameplate? :thumbsup:

I've got an authentic old-school white Perreault, an authentic Miller blue that the kids got me the year we dumped the slug and one more I've mentioned on here before.

I've also got nameless, numberless versions of every other jersey we've worn except those cool retro scripty blues Eleven mentioned, which I intend to get at some point. Wore those all the time when I was playing floor and road hockey three times a week.

Rarely wear any now, but love having them.

Your statement. Buy and wear what you want.

Even if it's an authentic game-worn Joel Armia turdburger.

That settles it I now NEED a Perreault home white!   :worthy:

Iove hockey jerseys, there is not much out there quite like them...I also collect vintage jerseys

Francis whalers jersey

Modano North Stars jersey

Selanne jets jersey

Bure Vancouver jersey

Forseberg nordiques jersey

Fleury flames jersey

Messier rags jersey

Lemieux pens jersey

Lindros flyers jersey

Cool phoneix Aztec looking one.

Etc etc

Plus many sabres

I wear them all as I feel fit and care zero about it, never feel ashamed to rock a good hockey jersey!

Love my old school Martin Jersey, I took a picture of it against a black background and used it as an avatar when he passed away.

Get what you want, but avoid the flashy new guy who hasn't done anything yet. I still chuckle at seeing the Bernier jersey At the arena from time to time.

Solid advice. I refuse to buy a new jersey until someone drops multiple awesome seasons. Risto is close and ROR def deserves a jersey but I'm waiting

Iove hockey jerseys, there is not much out there quite like them...I also collect vintage jerseys

Francis whalers jersey

Modano North Stars jersey

Selanne jets jersey

Bure Vancouver jersey

Forseberg nordiques jersey

Fleury flames jersey

Messier rags jersey

Lemieux pens jersey

Lindros flyers jersey

Cool phoneix Aztec looking one.

Etc etc

Plus many sabres

I wear them all as I feel fit and care zero about it, never feel ashamed to rock a good hockey jersey!

Nice list. I have a:

Reg Dunlop home white

Derek Sutton home white

Carl Racki away black

Robert Esche Olympic white autograph (awesome dude!)

Ryan Miller hangs on the sabres wall.

Then a few Orange jerseys, several Yankees, and a few bills jerseys hanging on their respective walls. I'm strongly considering dismantling the bills wall and replacing it with boxing memorabilia. At least I enjoy boxing.

Edited by ubkev

I have jerseys that I'll love for the rest of my life, like my Wisconsin jersey, which I wore to every game when I went to school there and got signed by the seven key members of the team (Joe Pavelski, Brian Elliot, et al) before they won the 2006 NCAA Championship.  After the Sabres win this whole ###### thing, you might still be wearing that jersey in 20 years with some pretty fond memories.

I wore my white BU jersey to every game for 9 years.  I retired it after the 2009 national championship.  I hope your jersey is as disgusting as mine.  There are countless beer stains all over that thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.