Sweater Buying Etiquette

Taro T

I personally can't do it--the only sweater I have with a name on it is a script Buffalo third with #29, and that's only because that sweater's design relies on the yellow nameplate and stitched number. I don't wear it; it's displayed on a shelf at the office. I have some blank sweaters that I wear.

But I can't condemn it either.

Now, if you're gonna rock a sweater that says "WHOPPER 69" on the back or something, yeah, that I'm going to condemn. There used to be a Buffalo-based blogger who took photos of such stuff and commented on them, but I forget the name of the site.

So my 69 Sabres Sweater with 'Winemedineme' on the nameplate is out of the question?

Cody Hodsgon

Michal Grosek

Taro Tsujimoto

Without trying to sound like a dick, who other than Michal himself (who infamously said he patterned his game after Cam Neel) hyped him, even a little?

I was always a fan of his. He'd have the occasional regrettable sound bite (see above) but other than that I thought we was a decent 3rd line winger. He was slotted above that sometimes but I can't blame the player for lack of organizational depth.

Its probably irrational, but I feel weird wearing the jersey of someone younger than me.

Same.

My 2 cents:

I'll add my 2 to make that 4 -- everything there is everything I think on the subject.

That settles it I now NEED a Perreault home white!   :worthy:

Days gone by, my beloved wife got me a home white Perreault while the current team was wearing ... either the goat head or the slug. The only place you could get the home whites was from the Players Alumni Association. I don't think the jersey is truly authentic, but it was created under license, etc. and designed to be very much identical to the originals. My wife reported to me later that the guy she had dealt with in buying it -- "Larry" (Playfair) -- was a very nice man.

###### it dude, lifes short, buy and wear what you want.

Amen!! I never understood the punctilious behaviors behind sweater etiquette. If you don't like the one I'm in then......don't froggin look at it! I won't be offended if you're not looking at me....I swear.

Amen as well to life being short. It is. No matter how old you get.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.