OT: Your time on Sabrespace

Wyldnwoody44

You're not suppose to microwave babies .......... it makes the skin too soggy. Deep fried or grilled results in that crispy skin that makes the pillaging far more satisfying.

For some reason I think there would be a more negative visceral reaction to deep frying a baby compared to microwaving. Probably has to do with the door on the microwave blocking the baby screams... :unsure:

For some reason I think there would be a more negative visceral reaction to deep frying a baby compared to microwaving. Probably has to do with the door on the microwave blocking the baby screams... :unsure:

Yep. We calls those people tourist in the world of raping and pillaging. You can't just dip a toe into the world of cannibalism. It's kind of a binary thing (all or nothing), but maybe that's just me. It helps living in NC. Southern people just tend to be fatter, but it makes for a juicier baby so I can't complain.

I've read the main page for years. I believe SDS is site founder? If so, just outstanding format work.

I've been reading the Aud threads for 3, 4 years. A great deal of information about my Sabres I get from the forums. I can remember, as a young kid of 6 to 12 years old (76 to 82) I kept folders of each sabres player, goals, assists, games played and which opponents each player had an assist or goal against.

Like Pegula, my hero is Gilbert Perreault.

But as time went on, so to were Lafontaine, Molginy, Hasek, Drury, Briere.

I've TV watched a ton of seasons, from a long time ago. To long.

But I've only been to a handful of games over all those years. That is changing.

I like this conversation arena. It not only allows me to talk hockey, but I'll have people to share my experiences with. That means a great deal.

Go Sabres!

Edited by Lucky E

Been a fan of SS for a long time. Used to have more time for trying to contribute. Definitely my go to source for what's going on with my favorite team. Many knowledgeable longtime posters that provide great info and reading. Also very entertaining.

With family and work I don't stop in or chime in as much as I would like but I do try to keep up with reading. It definitely has grown since I started here for the better but I do miss seeing more posts from some of the originals, x, deluca, labatt, bam bam, wonderbread, mill bank, Chaz, schrader, Dryden,,,,,

I was a long time lurker before I crawled out. My hockey related content is questionable. My personal contributions are also questionable.

I add things here and there. It's a good way to decompress for me.

In a world full of judgement, in a land of anxious perspective there are the humble would be contributors that would pass a forum by for the lack of civility.

SS is not that place. Things are moderated well enough that a proper discussion can be had. A lurker can crawl out and not be stoned into submission. Unless that's your thing. In which case we would be very willing to participate:)

I don't post much because I don't usually have anything valuable to add to discussions, but I've been here for a long enough time that I've accrued a good chunk of posts.

I keep coming back because I like the community, and I like reading what people more knowledgeable than I have to say about the Sabres.

attachicon.gifAttach0.jpg

In keeping up with my time here.... This only felt appropriatley funny

As a person who spent years in healthcare... I've seen that one... and it's still funny 5 years after being in healthcare.  :)

So, I'll post more seriously this morning since I haven't been drinking.

There are about 5-7 sites on the Internet I visit on pretty much a daily basis.. this is one of them.  While I am absolutely a Sabres fan, I am a fan of hockey overall.  The forum provides the proper Sabres focus but still dives into enough other NHL discussions and off-topic items to be perfectly entertaining for me.  Essentially it's maximum value compared to anywhere else I go.

It's a good group of people posting on here and most of the time the conversation is both intellectually stimulating and informative.  Sure there are times when it's not and there are times when its downright sad but it's not the predominant state.

My hockey related content is questionable.

It always bugs me when I see stuff like this.  It's a hockey board, so post your hockey thoughts, whatever they are.  Sure, you might not want to get involved in stuff like the advanced analytic discussions, but there's going to be a thread somewhere for just about any type of Sabre fan.

It always bugs me when I see stuff like this.  It's a hockey board, so post your hockey thoughts, whatever they are.  Sure, you might not want to get involved in stuff like the advanced analytic discussions, but there's going to be a thread somewhere for just about any type of Sabre fan.

Like my foolish love for Cody Hodgson (D and O included  :devil: ) and other flavor of the week players.

We all aren't as smart as we think we are.

I don't post much because I don't usually have anything valuable to add to discussions, but I've been here for a long enough time that I've accrued a good chunk of posts.

I keep coming back because I like the community, and I like reading what people more knowledgeable than I have to say about the Sabres.

Yet almost every time you post, it's a valuable addition.

You guys are probably tired of me saying this (not that I pretend everyone reads my posts) but I didn't play organized hockey so I didn't learn the actual game within the game.  I have been watching the Sabres all my life but just watched, ya know?  Didn't really fully understand hockey. 

I kept up with draft picks and news about the Sabres always but over the last 4-5 years I really started to love hockey to a new level.  I then decided I wanted to understand it better and this place has been the #1 place for me to learn. 

I appreciate you guys and gals big time.  Fun place to come daily.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.