Duchene to Sabres?

sweetlou

I'll say it again. Almost every center can play wing. That being said, I don't see a reason to acquire Doosh-aint.

Yes, but I buy the argument that, for example, we are not utilizing Samson to his potential by not having him at center. Don't you think the same would be true of Duchene?

And this is not for you, but for others-

You'd waste Duchene by not using him at center, and give up someone who flurishes at LW?

EDIT: I guess the other option would be moving ROR to left wing

Edited by ericcomposer72

I'd give up McCabe and a 2nd for him, that's about it.

This is the worst post you've ever written. Literally in another thread ppl were trading Kane a first and Nylander for a player slightly better then McCabe. But we want to give him and a 2nd for a guy who is probably Reinhart level... this place right now. Every player with a name doesn't make us better. If this was a capless world sure but it isn't and cost controlled rfas are how u won multiple cups. Liger out.

This is the worst post you've ever written. Literally in another thread ppl were trading Kane a first and Nylander for a player slightly better then McCabe. But we want to give him and a 2nd for a guy who is probably Reinhart level... ###### this place right now. Every player with a name doesn't make us better. If this was a capless world sure but it isn't and cost controlled rfas are how u won multiple cups. Liger out.

Holy liger.

This is the worst post you've ever written. Literally in another thread ppl were trading Kane a first and Nylander for a player slightly better then McCabe. But we want to give him and a 2nd for a guy who is probably Reinhart level... ###### this place right now. Every player with a name doesn't make us better. If this was a capless world sure but it isn't and cost controlled rfas are how u won multiple cups. Liger out.

Easy there tiger

I think there should be some thought given to the possibility that the Sabres are as concerned about Sam's future growth as a person as they are/were about whether Kane will mature.

Have you heard things about this?

There was Hamilton, which I laughed at about it at the time, but I've read other things since then too

There is not a chance in hell Duchene will be traded to the Sabres. Aside from not making much sense considering he has 2 years left on his contract and what we'd have to give up to get him, there's still the issue that Sakic wants to use this trade to save face for the ROR disaster that he somehow agreed to. I recall hearing around the draft that he was so stubborn with Duchene because he wanted to make up for that trade. There's just no way, no how that Sakic is trading those two players both to Buffalo

McCabe was our second best defenceman last year and still has upside imo. No way do you trade him unless it is for a better D man. I have wanted Kane gone for a long time. This team has new coaching and needs to develop a new culture in the locker room. Moving Kane would signal that direction BUT he can still get us value and should not be given away for peanuts.  Reinhart has to be moved before everyone in the league realizes that he will always be an underachiever and less than what was expected when he was drafted.

Duchene for either Kane or Reinhart and some incidentals/picks/etc. would work for me.  Price is probably higher and not worth it. 

Sam very comparable to Wennberg of Columbus who just signed for 6 years at almost 3o million or 5mil cap hit.  I think we can almost guarantee that sometime through the season either Kane, Reinhart, or maybe even Okposo gets traded.

Kane yes, the other two will need to be really good offers to do so, doesn't Okposo have a NMC ? 

Sam very comparable to Wennberg of Columbus who just signed for 6 years at almost 3o million or 5mil cap hit. I think we can almost guarantee that sometime through the season either Kane, Reinhart, or maybe even Okposo gets traded.

In 2 year's time Kyle Okposo's contract will be as untradeable as Moulson's.

Or, the cap is near $90M because of the continued rise of the Canadian dollar and his contract isn't oppressive

Or, he is one of those unique athletes who excels into his 30's

Or, with only $4M cash do the last two years, he is a valued addition to a "floor" team

Or, a combination of all of the above

Meh, 13-14 is as good as he'll ever be. That's past.