Prediction time: Will the Sabres make a major trade in the next 48 hours?

nfreeman

Will we have some action?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Sabres trade Kane before the end of the weekend?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will the Sabres trade Reinhart before the end of the weekend?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Will the Sabres make a trade not involving Kane or Reino that most here will deem "major" before the end of the weekend?

• Yes
    • No

As always, the question is not what you want to have happen -- it's what is going to happen.

I voted no.

I do not think the Sabres will trade Kane or Reino this weekend.  I don't think anyone will deliver enough for Kane without having an extension agreed with Kane to make it worthwhile for the Sabres, and that can't happen until July 1.

And I don't think they are going to trade Reino, period.

I can certainly see trading up or down in the 1st round, but JBott strikes me as more of a conservative guy, and that type of trade seems like more of a GMTM move.

I'm in this camp as well. Wouldn't be shocked if Kane gets traded but don't really expect it. Not sure his value at trade deadline next year wouldn't be what it is now and it's not easy to replace him offensively on this team. He's worth more to us for a year than I think he will fetch for us now.

I was thinking it would be no.  However, there has been speculation by guys like Dreger that the Sabres are in on a lot of the activity.  Dreger usually has knowledgeable sources.  I'm now leaning towards yes.

Edited by Derrico

I was thinking it would be no.  However, there has been speculation by guys like Dreger that the Sabres are in on a lot of the activity.  Dreger usually has knowledgeable sources.  I'm now leaning towards yes.

I'm basing my first Yes almost entirely with how much activity we are rumored to be in from reporters i deem trustworthy.

I voted 'no to the first two and 'yes' to the third although I almost went for the clean sweep. Changed my mind at the last second. I think that the Sabres will do something but I don't know that it will be major. Maybe a move involving their 1st? I guess that would have to be considered major. I just get the feeling that for all the talk of historic movement that the Sabres will be bit players in the grand scheme of things. Nothing concrete, just a gut feeling.

I don't think we'll do anything except make our picks as they sit now. 

Kane may be traded, but it won't happen this weekend.

Since Kane's name is coming up a lot and Reinhart's hasn't been mentioned once, I don't think we're looking to move him and I don't think anyone's asking.  

We'll address the D with a minor free agent signing. Most fans will be disappointed. 

I voted no across the board. I think Botterill wants to do something big, but I don't think he'll find the value he's looking for. Unlike Tim Murray, I'm not convinced Botterill is willing to beat the market for his guy. I do, however, expect another Beaulieu-type move.

Yes, Yes, No.

Kane - will not re-sign here.  Get what we can.

Reinhart - Future value undetermined but I believe (note I said I believe) overinflated.  Will not be a center for the Sabres (JBOT wants a Bonino type on the 3rd line). 

No.  Nothing else major we got (will not part with ROR, Jack, Risto, Okposo). 

I'll be surprised if they don't trade Kane by the end of draft day, I don't forsee him resigning with us and he'll never be of more value than right now, get that stud defenseman and draft another forward, hopefully Nylander is ready, if not Baptiste or Bailey need to step up, If they trade Reinhart that seems very counterproductive to me.

Voted

Yes

No

No

Just see Kane as odd man out based on what I've read on here mostly.

I like Kane to be honest as a player, but frown on publicized off ice issues.

But based on what a lot of you guys (and gals) post, sounds like the cost next contract could be a bridge deal to far.

With some big names on the move like Panarin, Sadd, Stepan; I definitely see either Kane, Ennis or Reinhart being moved.

Botts said today that Phil has had good talks with Kane and they like the fact he scored 25 goals at even strength.  Plays into the speed game they want to play.  

If Strome can get you Eberle, Reinhart can get you a lot more. 

With some big names on the move like Panarin, Sadd, Stepan; I definitely see either Kane, Ennis or Reinhart being moved.

Botts said today that Phil has had good talks with Kane and they like the fact he scored 25 goals at even strength.  Plays into the speed game they want to play.  

If Strome can get you Eberle, Reinhart can get you a lot more. 

So why trade Reinhart? Why? Can't he get us a lot more as a Sabre?

So why trade Reinhart? Why? Can't he get us a lot more as a Sabre?

I want someone with more speed and already signed to a reasonable contract.  Don's want to see Sabres in the situation in two or three years where they would have to sign Jack and Reinhart to big deals.

Would you rather have Hanifin or Reinhart?

Edited by sweetlou

I want someone with more speed and already signed to a reasonable contract.  Don's want to see Sabres in the situation in two or three years where they would have to sign Jack and Reinhart to big deals.

Would you rather have Hanifin or Reinhart?

Reinhart.

In 2 or 3 years? In 2 or 3 years Jack will still be in the middle of his new deal as will Reinhart.