Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

There are some gems in there...

"The Habs are a crappy restaurant that swears it’s classy because it puts more emphasis on employees speaking French than knowing how to prepare the food."

"If every team in the NHL were a ride at Disney, the Ottawa Senators are the Hall of Presidents when only the Jimmy Carter robot is working"

"Because when you want to teach a young core about winning in the playoffs, you turn to a San Jose Shark that choked so badly for so long they stripped him of the captaincy"

I thought the Sabres one was kinda funny. Wish he had mentioned Moulson but I was amused. 

From the Dallas write up: "they signed Ben Bishop, who finished 35th in save percentage last season. “How can we fix this hole in the boat? I know! Pass me the scotch tape!”"

They also crap all over the Jets goaltending which as we learned last night, sucks. 

The Flyers one is spot on, MacDonald playing while Gothiesburgherrrsmeister sat was stupid. Also I am never learning to spell his name. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I got a pretty good laugh out of the Sabres bit.

I like to think I have a good sense of humor, albeit somewhat dark, but man that was not funny.

Calling the Sabres a garbage franchise? Seems pretty harsh for a team that has historically been decent with a recent tank in the fold.

Maybe I'm missing the joke...

I like to think I have a good sense of humor, albeit somewhat dark, but man that was not funny.

Calling the Sabres a garbage franchise? Seems pretty harsh for a team that has historically been decent with a recent tank in the fold.

The writer is probably 21.  History is seldom a strong suit of interweb scribes.  The ROR Bogo correlation was interesting and quite honestly not far off.  

The writer is probably 21. History is seldom a strong suit of interweb scribes. The ROR Bogo correlation was interesting and quite honestly not far off.

I fail to see how ROR is overpaid. Only the most ignorant of fans would just implicitly deem him as such. He's right in line with players of his ilk.

We are on NBCSN a lot compared to other non-MFTs.

I always suspected that millibank was actually that cigarette guy.  It's good to see you around here again.

Hope you are well .

It is great the Bills not looking like the same ole clown show and there is a degree of optimism our teams finally moving in the right direction direction. At least there is realistic hope .

I fail to see how ROR is overpaid. Only the most ignorant of fans would just implicitly deem him as such. He's right in line with players of his ilk.

And his ilk would be?  In 2016 he was the 14 highest paid player in the league.  61st in scoring.  The writer made a correlation between point production and salary.  It was not far off.  For point production he is overpaid.  Marchand gets 1.5 mil less and I think he is of his ilk.  Spare me the intangibles argument.  

And his ilk would be?  In 2016 he was the 14 highest paid player in the league.  61st in scoring.  The writer made a correlation between point production and salary.  It was not far off.  For point production he is overpaid.  Marchand gets 1.5 mil less and I think he is of his ilk.  Spare me the intangibles argument.  

I'm guessing you think Bergeron and Kopitar are useless then

I'm guessing you think Bergeron and Kopitar are useless then

Not useless, overpaid when looking at point production.  That was the line in the article.  I was commenting on the article and the nexus he drew between the two.  If you want to add value for other things fine.  The article was about points.  

Not useless, overpaid when looking at point production.  That was the line in the article.  I was commenting on the article and the nexus he drew between the two.  If you want to add value for other things fine.  The article was about points.  

Fair enough. It's also a joke article though ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.