Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

AHLer Tobias Lindberg[/size]

Wrong Tobias[/size]

I would have taken a shot at Pickard here. Sounded like an odd move by LV dumping him for Subban, but I guess Subban has the higher ceiling, but Pickard has more NHL experience....[/size]

Effing auto correct.

James Neal scores the First Regular Season Goal in Golden Knights History

I went to the CBJ-Islanders game today. The islanders looked VERY flat. Weren’t fast, weren’t crisp with their passes, weren’t keeping forwards in front of them, weren’t winning 50/50 pucks along the wall. It was honestly a pretty easy shutout for Bob. Don’t know what the shot count wound up, but he didn’t work too hard even if it was respectable. I think he got third star for a shutout, if that’s any indication.

I will say- NY played very physical. But against a skilled team like Cbus, they got smoked. The Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson line skated circles around defensemen. They were buzzing all night. I hope it was a tiring and disheartening loss for them, not a wake up call!

I went to the CBJ-Islanders game today. The islanders looked VERY flat. Weren’t fast, weren’t crisp with their passes, weren’t keeping forwards in front of them, weren’t winning 50/50 pucks along the wall. It was honestly a pretty easy shutout for Bob. Don’t know what the shot count wound up, but he didn’t work too hard even if it was respectable. I think he got third star for a shutout, if that’s any indication. I will say- NY played very physical. But against a skilled team like Cbus, they got smoked. The Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson line skated circles around defensemen. They were buzzing all night. I hope it was a tiring and disheartening loss for them, not a wake up call!

Thanks for the recap.

I've seen wounded bears but never a wounded fisherman. We'll see how they rebound tonight.

Will Butcher 3 assists in his first game, named first star. .

The real kick in the ass though is for the Avs. Not only did they lose the first overall pick (Hischier) to the Devil's, he goes and scores the first goal against them today.

Since I posted that, Ovi scored two more goals. That’s back to back hat tricks. Last game, all three came in the 3rd period. This game, all three came in the 1st. Yep, that’s 6 goals in 12 minutes of ice time.

THAT is a cornerstone player.

How many cups does he have?

-5 at this point

Ovechkin is the first player in over 100 years to open with back to back hat tricks. More impressive in that they were both natural

Guess slimming down worked

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.