Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Trade Moulson to the LA Kings outright! He's already on their AHL squad. Next year he can do 20-40-60 for them and their slower, burlier LA-Kings-GMTM-style roster.

Edit:

Also --- now that's a fan appreciation night. The Canucks hold the Coyotes (ok, less impressive because it's the Coyotes) shotless in the third period, and rally from down 3-1 to tie it. In OT, the Canucks draw a legitimate penalty and the Sedin show goes to work. Sedin, from Edler and Sedin. Done. And that's their final game at home. It was pretty sweet.

Also, also, as I was watching the broadcast... the tv draw for the 50/50 was $60k (no surprise to me, because that's a standard Canucks game and why I buy a 50/50 ticket on my annual Sabres pilgrimage there). But that was the TV side. I think... I may have misheard, but I think, that the announcers said that the in-house 50/50 drawing was a $1.2M total... so the winner banks $600k. In a 50/50. The Canucks' fans were drunk off their collective minds tonight. Good job, hockey lovers. And good job, Sedins.

that was $1.2m Canadian though. For our American friends I think that converts over to like $150?

I feel like the reality of Kane is that he's not a fit everywhere.  He wasn't a fit with the Jets.  He was more of a fit with Buffalo and he might have the right situation in San Jose.

At the same time it doesn't change the kind of player he is and his skill set wasn't going to be a long term fit with Buffalo, certainly not at the money he might command.

I feel like the reality of Kane is that he's not a fit everywhere. He wasn't a fit with the Jets. He was more of a fit with Buffalo and he might have the right situation in San Jose.

At the same time it doesn't change the kind of player he is and his skill set wasn't going to be a long term fit with Buffalo, certainly not at the money he might command.

I think it's also a lifestyle thing for him too. He's definitely a guy who likes hitting the beach and probably hates winter. I think Winnipeg was depressing, Buffalo maybe a little less so, but San Jose is probably just right.

Sometimes you just need to be where you feel at home. I feel at ease in the Great Lakes. Kane likes Cali.

Looking back to last June, Florida traded Reilly Smith for a 4th to be able to guarantee that Vegas wouldn't take a bad defenseman in Petrovic, and part of that was leaving Marchesseault available for Vegas to take. 

Florida gave up 135 points this season for a 4th rounder and the ability to keep their Justin Falk. 

Low-key worst trade since Forsberg-Erat?

Looking back to last June, Florida traded Reilly Smith for a 4th to be able to guarantee that Vegas wouldn't take a bad defenseman in Petrovic, and part of that was leaving Marchesseault available for Vegas to take.

Florida gave up 135 points this season for a 4th rounder and the ability to keep their Justin Falk.

Low-key worst trade since Forsberg-Erat?

Don't forget, they could have just exposed Bjugstad to protect Marchesssult. So really, it was two catastrophic decisions rolled into one. Dale Tallon, Stanley Cup GM, everybody!

Never forget: sometimes teams win in spite of their GM, not because of him.

Don't forget, they could have just exposed Bjugstad to protect Marchesssult. So really, it was two catastrophic decisions rolled into one. Dale Tallon, Stanley Cup GM, everybody!

Never forget: sometimes teams win in spite of their GM, not because of him.

I got a kick out of Gallant last night too. They interviewed him before the game and you could just tell he was so happy to be there. He's a long way from that cab ride now.

Nice.

I like how Chiarelli evidently has a "plan" to return to the playoffs. I can see the press conference now: "Taylor Hall did not fetch us the defenseman we needed to compete. As such, we now have no choice but to trade McDavid in order to get our guy... That'll totally do it."

#Antics

00:30 in.  Yeah, he ain't coming back.

I think he means Winnipeg not Buffalo, no?

Ref says pretty nice place to play eh?

and Kaner answers better than where I signed last time.

I'm not saying he will be back with the Sabres but I think he was talking about Winnipeg.

I hope he's grown up...I don't think he has.

I think he means Winnipeg not Buffalo, no?

Ref says pretty nice place to play eh?

and Kaner answers better than where I signed last time.

I'm not saying he will be back with the Sabres but I think he was talking about Winnipeg.

I hope he's grown up...I don't think he has.

Agreed. He never signed a contract in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.