Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

The fact that we're even discussing this really grinds my gears. I don't disagree with your take in a sane reality, but that's not what we're dealing with. If we're going to have the stupid rule the stupid rule should applied accordingly. The ret-con here is a problem.

For the record, I've always said the offside challenge is an abomination.

IIRC He said he's going to need to drop something huge like 30 or 40 pounds next season.

He worked out with Terrell Owens last offseason saying the same thing, but it didn't work I guess - the Oilers are hoping it does this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Leafs finished with 6 20 goal scorers and 10 guys with 40 points. 

The Avs' team goal differential improved by +132. 

If ours did that next year we'd end up with the fifth best in the league :lol:

IIRC He said he's going to need to drop something huge like 30 or 40 pounds next season.

The league is going flip back to a heavy game soon. Just be yourself the best you can, don't try to be a player you're not. Do what got you there.

With all these guys trying to get lighter and faster, the league will be ripe for a big strong team to bully their way to the Cup.

I say get out ahead of the curve. Bring back Bylsma and load up on big physical players that teams are willing to giveaway for next to nothing.

Does anyone know where that guy is that bet me on Kaner being moved?

Lucic is a POS.

I will have nothing good to say about him after the handshake lineup with the Habs a few years back.

Was it me? I feel like I liked Kane for a hot minute.

Also give em hell in playoffs ducky

Thanks no it was somebody called beer me or something like that.

thanks no it was somebody called beer me or something like that. Edited by Ducky

Florida's 96 points this season are tied for the most any team has ever gotten while missing the playoffs. 

Edit: I had some bad stats

Hmm, I wonder if I should adjust the Lost Point Countdown next year. :)

Also: I love how the NHL makes it nearly impossible to find the regular season standings now. I had to Google it, and the NHL site didn't come up.

Hmm, I wonder if I should adjust the Lost Point Countdown next year. :)

Also: I love how the NHL makes it nearly impossible to find the regular season standings now. I had to Google it, and the NHL site didn't come up.

There's a reason (besides simplicity of use) that I always look at the season in 10 game increments w/ a goal of 12 points/ increment. That has a team at 96 points after 80 games. The 2 "bonus" games are there to get back on pace at the end if necessary.

There's a reason (besides simplicity of use) that I always look at the season in 10 game increments w/ a goal of 12 points/ increment. That has a team at 96 points after 80 games. The 2 "bonus" games are there to get back on pace at the end if necessary.

And does this have something to do with your signature? I've always wondered about that. I've also had some golf scorecards like that.

And does this have something to do with your signature? I've always wondered about that. I've also had some golf scorecards like that.

Had to go back and re-enable sigs to be certain of what you meant. :)

Yep. Used to track how close the team came to 12 points eack 10 game segment. At some point in one of the board software upgrades the sig became too many lines high, so it stopped getting updated. Wasn't too excited to be putting all the minuses in anyhow. :p Maybe it'll be worth updating next season. :)

From LA Times:

After firing coach Alain Vigneault, the New York Rangers have also dismissed two of his top assistants.  Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton said that associate coach Scott Arniel and Darryl Williams were let go Sunday. Gorton said Lindy Ruff is still on staff and intends to speak with him before deciding on his future.

Will the Rags keep Lindy or will he go back closer to home in Edmonton if the Oilers dump Todd McLellan,.

Had to go back and re-enable sigs to be certain of what you meant. :)

Yep. Used to track how close the team came to 12 points eack 10 game segment. At some point in one of the board software upgrades the sig became too many lines high, so it stopped getting updated. Wasn't too excited to be putting all the minuses in anyhow. :P Maybe it'll be worth updating next season. :)

That makes too much sense. And all this time I thought you were deep, enigmatic, mysterious, a riddle wrapped in a conundrum covered with nougat and chocolate. Oh well.

“I really haven’t,” indicated Dreger. “But just based on all of the dialogue and the lead-up to the February 26 trade deadline – and the quiet hope from his camp, I believe, that a trade was coming – I have no reason to think that that wouldn’t be the expectation now going into the offseason, potentially as early as the draft in Dallas.

“Now, to my knowledge there was no formal trade request from Max Pacioretty – just an understanding and a belief that look, if it’s time for a change, why not consider it and give everyone a fresh start.

“But as we talked about leading up to the deadline, the ask for Pacioretty was significant. And I think we can appreciate why. It was the multiples pieces, as it always seems to be, for a player like that given his contract and his past history as a goal scorer.

“So of course things can change, and maybe the position of Marc Bergevin doesn’t change. If he doesn’t get what he needs to move Max Pacioretty, then Max Pacioretty is coming back to Montreal for the final year of his contract.

“But I do feel like somebody is going to at least try and take a big swing and step up at the draft.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/canadiens/dreger-canadiens-had-significant-trade-ask-for-pacioretty/

Looking at Taro's signature, I think it's his baseball usage report. Error in the 1st, Error in the 2nd, and bench for the remainder of the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.