Rumor: Buffalo Interested in Patrick Kane?

WildCard

I just don't believe Kane puts us in position to contend. I don't our D can be upgraded enough, I don't think our wings are good enough, especially if adding Patty means losing Evander, I don't think our bottom two centers will be good enough. 

I think we'd be a much better team if we rolled Jack-Sam-ROR at 17-18 minutes per line much like we did Drury,Briere, Roy. Fill in the wingers around that spine and I think we compete for 6-8 years. 

This off season might be weird, Sabres were rumoured to be making a bis splash out west.   Always figured it would be with the kings and for EK.

But what if this  happens.

Reinhart + #8 for Kane .   I don't give them more because its still a heavy contract with a salary cap that doesn't go up like Chicago gambled it would 4 years ago.

Evander Kane gets traded to LA for #11 and D.

Sign Bonino as UFA, seems we have interest there to.

Eichel - RoR - Bonino  I could live with.

This off season might be weird, Sabres were rumoured to be making a bis splash out west.   Always figured it would be with the kings and for EK.

But what if this  happens.

Reinhart + #8 for Kane .   I don't give them more because its still a heavy contract with a salary cap that doesn't go up like Chicago gambled it would 4 years ago.

Evander Kane gets traded to LA for #11 and D.

Sign Bonino as UFA, seems we have interest there to.

Eichel - RoR - Bonino  I could live with.

I barely noticed Bonino in The Cup.....eww

Drew Stafford could be a force if only given 1 year contracts every year

Ahhh Drew Stafford.  I miss the old argument made against him on here where it was stated that he doesn't score goals in games where he doesn't score goals.  That was truly some ground breaking stuff.

Ahhh Drew Stafford.  I miss the old argument made against him on here where it was stated that he doesn't score goals in games where he doesn't score goals.  That was truly some ground breaking stuff.

Please tell me that wasn't me.

Kane's contract runs for 4 more years, until he's 33, with a $10.5M cap hit annually

I know the move would probably not make sense on a lot of levels. BUT -- watching Eichel dish to Kane for a few years while the latter is still in his prime would be SWEET.

Agreed. 4 years term is perfectly reasonable for a guy still as good as Kane.

No way in hell I trade Reinhart and #8 for Kane. I think Sam could be a special player as a second line center, I don't understand why he's so undervalued by many on this board. I don't trade Sam's future for two to three decent years of Kane straight up. Kane is not the missing piece to winning a cup. By the time this team is ready to compete for a cup Kane will be declining. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe if this franchise had any intention of playing Sam at centre, I might agree.

You could win a Cup next year with Kane on Eichel's wing as long as you can shed some dead weight and get a little better on defense. What's wrong with trying to win now?

The bolded is spot on. With our weak division, the time is now to try and compete, if possible.

Maybe if this franchise had any intention of playing Sam at centre, I might agree.

With Murray at the helm and Bylsma floundering around, I would def agree they had no interest in Sam at center. Even though Botteril has indicated he views Sam as a winger, it will be interesting to see what happens. 

I don't want Patrick Kane on this team at any price.  Yeah, he'd probably be fantastically successful with the likes of Eichel and ROR.  But I can't bring myself about to root for him at any level.  I can live with Evander Kane's warts, although there isn't much rope left, but I think Patrick Kane is a whole nuther level of slime ball.  Genuinely awful human being IMO.  And I don't throw that label around loosely.  I struggle with liking the general roster of this team now.  Pat Kane.......... I can't do it.

I don't want Patrick Kane on this team at any price. Yeah, he'd probably be fantastically successful with the likes of Eichel and ROR. But I can't bring myself about to root for him at any level. I can live with Evander Kane's warts, although there isn't much rope left, but I think Patrick Kane is a whole nuther level of slime ball. Genuinely awful human being IMO. And I don't throw that label around loosely. I struggle with liking the general roster of this team now. Pat Kane.......... I can't do it.

I think this is a bit harsh. I dare you to look back at yourself when you were in your early 20's. People make mistakes and I thought that I had heard he's really matured in the past couple season... hence his 100 point season in '15-16. He's the best wing in the game.

I think this is a bit harsh. I dare you to look back at yourself when you were in your early 20's. People make mistakes and I thought that I had heard he's really matured in the past couple season... hence his 100 point season in '15-16. He's the best wing in the game.

was it like 2 years ago he was accused of something... what was it? 

Beat a cabbie over a handful of coins and accused of sexual assault on more than one occassion?  Your twenties were much more eventful than mine.

Beat a cabbie over a handful of coins and accused of sexual assault on more than one occassion?  Your twenties were much more eventful than mine.

I think that was 3+ years ago and it was an attempted money grab extortion. He turned it around before they won the cup I thought.

Last time was in 2015 so he would have been 26. 

I would trade Reino and #8 for Kane in a heartbeat.

And I would add Evander if Chicago wanted to add Seabrook.  (And that might be what gets it done for Chicago -- Seabrook is 32 and under contract for SEVEN more years at a $6.875MM cap hit per year.)

Boom!

Hmmmmmm......I'd be interested in a deal like this to.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.