Rumor: Buffalo Interested in Patrick Kane?

WildCard

I mean, financially it makes sense. Reinhart would fit that team to a tee, they could shed money, and they'd love to get their hands on the #8 overall pick. We can offer them more than the Devils by a mile too

The question is, would you do it? Kane is only getting older, and although we wouldn't have to pay Reinhart anymore, we still have to pay Jack. This also means Evander Kane is definitely moving somewhere

Kane will be 29 this November, and is coming off the best two seasons of his career.

From IBN Bob

**NHL RUMORS**
Source: Devils & Blackhawks discussions centered around #1 Pick +other assets for Patrick Kane (Just Talks-Not Close/Done)

Incarcerated Bob has been known to have good sources.

More from Bob

**NHL RUMORS**
Source: Patty Kane very available, teams like #Devils #Hurricanes #Sabres
have all called. Devils have that #1 pick though

Although I doubt the third team wants the headache.

Very connected with NYC Teams, but gets info across all the major leagues.

Had Okposo to Buffalo before anyone else did

Edited by WildCard

That escalated quickly.

It's the offseason, and as crazy as it sounds at first, Chicago moving Kane makes a ton of sense for them, and everyone else. It also coincides with everything we've been hearing about this offseason, and about how angry Bowman was about Chicago being swept in the first round 

So we're assuming Reinhart and 8 overall is the price?

I'd assume that's the foundation for a package 

It's the offseason, and as crazy as it sounds at first, Chicago moving Kane makes a ton of sense for them, and everyone else. It also coincides with everything we've been hearing about this offseason, and about how angry Bowman was about Chicago being swept in the first round

I'd assume that's the foundation for a package

How does moving the guy actually earning his paycheck make a ton of sense for them? Unless they get back a center than can drop Toews to #2, I don't see how they can get a return to help them compete now, and any futures return will be too late as Keith, Hossa, and Toews all age out.

Where did the rumor come from?

Who said this?

Fixed

How does moving the guy actually earning his paycheck make a ton of sense for them? Unless they get back a center than can drop Toews to #2, I don't see how they can get a return to help them compete now, and any futures return will be too late as Keith, Hossa, and Toews all age out.

He's the only one with value, and they're cap is screwed. They, like everyone else besides us in the hockey universe, probably believe Toews is still worth the money. 

Edited by WildCard

“I think there’s going to be a bomb or two in this one, I really do,” Friedman told the 960 crew. “I think we’re going to have some things hit us that we’re not expecting.”

Buckle up.

“The other thing too is Chicago is hosting the draft,” pointed out Friedman. “I think they’re trying to move up. I think Chicago is not satisfied. I mean, I almost laugh at it. They’ve gone two whole years without winning a Stanley Cup. But that’s why they’re the organization they are. They’re in it to win it every year and I think they’re going to try some things.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-think-going-bomb-two-trade-front/

Why it's the annual P Kane to Buffalo rumor.  LOL.  Not happening.  Botterill isn't giving up Sam and our top pick for Kane.  He is not going to add a high paid star player near 30 at the expense of the core of the franchise.  We did enough of that stuff under TM.  Jbot is going to finally build the team correctly. 

Why it's the annual P Kane to Buffalo rumor.  LOL.  Not happening.  Botterill isn't giving up Sam and our top pick for Kane.  He is not going to add a high paid star player near 30 at the expense of the core of the franchise.  We did enough of that stuff under TM.  Jbot is going to finally build the team correctly. 

What core pieces did TM trade? 

I don't know if Kane is coming to Buffalo, but I do know;

1) He has expressed interest as late as last summer in finishing his career here and was concerned that his last mis-step could have hurt those chances.

2) Management in Buffalo has floated the possibility

3) The Sabres are worried about a significant drop in ticket sales this year

There is someone who goes by Incarcerated Bob on twitter.  He's very, umm, controversial.  Google his user name if you've got the time.

Yeah....

That's him though. 

Could Botterill be trying to re-create the Crosby-Malkin model with Eichel-Kane? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.