Rumor: Buffalo Interested in Patrick Kane?

WildCard

No way in hell I trade Reinhart and #8 for Kane. I think Sam could be a special player as a second line center, I don't understand why he's so undervalued by many on this board. I don't trade Sam's future for two to three decent years of Kane straight up. Kane is not the missing piece to winning a cup. By the time this team is ready to compete for a cup Kane will be declining. It just doesn't make sense to me. 

No way in hell I trade Reinhart and #8 for Kane. I think Sam could be a special player as a second line center, I don't understand why he's so undervalued by many on this board. I don't trade Sam's future for two to three decent years of Kane straight up. Kane is not the missing piece to winning a cup. By the time this team is ready to compete for a cup Kane will be declining. It just doesn't make sense to me. 

You could win a Cup next year with Kane on Eichel's wing as long as you can shed some dead weight and get a little better on defense. What's wrong with trying to win now? 

Sams game is subtle, he will always probably be under appreciated. 

You could win a Cup next year with Kane on Eichel's wing as long as you can shed some dead weight and get a little better on defense. What's wrong with trying to win now? 

I just don't believe Kane puts us in position to contend. I don't our D can be upgraded enough, I don't think our wings are good enough, especially if adding Patty means losing Evander, I don't think our bottom two centers will be good enough. 

I think we'd be a much better team if we rolled Jack-Sam-ROR at 17-18 minutes per line much like we did Drury,Briere, Roy. Fill in the wingers around that spine and I think we compete for 6-8 years. 

I don't think anybody is undervaluing Reinhart.  Those proposing trades are using a good asset to either acquire a good player in position of need or for a superstar like Kane.  Guy had 89 points last year and 106 the year before.  We're not proposing trading Reinhart for Stafford here.

I just don't believe Kane puts us in position to contend. I don't our D can be upgraded enough, I don't think our wings are good enough, especially if adding Patty means losing Evander, I don't think our bottom two centers will be good enough. 

I think we'd be a much better team if we rolled Jack-Sam-ROR at 17-18 minutes per line much like we did Drury,Briere, Roy. Fill in the wingers around that spine and I think we compete for 6-8 years. 

This is a fair point.

Pretty good article on why Bowman is an overrated GM at the very least 

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/blackhawks/myth-stan-bowmans-genius/

I'd rather do this too, but if Kane's on Botteril's radar, that's the price we have to pay 

This could be true. And I value Sam as much as anyone. He is sneakily very good. 

But I really think it's worth it to get arguably one of the best wingers in the game on Jack's wing. I don't need my center spine to be that deep if Eichel and Kane are my top line pair. 

I really worry that if PK moves to Buffalo permanently that he'll be dead or in jail before that contract runs out. Dude rolls hard, especially here. Too many South Buffalo Bros will want to get him drunk every day, and I'm not sure he can help himself.

Edited by sabills

I really worry that if PK moves to Buffalo permanently that he'll be dead or in jail before that contract runs out. Dude rolls hard, especially here. To many South Buffalo Bros will want to get him drunk every day, and I'm not sure he can help himself.

Legitimate concern. Again, does he fit the Pegula company line? 

This could be true. And I value Sam as much as anyone. He is sneakily very good. 

But I really think it's worth it to get arguably one of the best wingers in the game on Jack's wing. I don't need my center spine to be that deep if Eichel and Kane are my top line pair. 

I like this point.

I would trade Reino and #8 for Kane in a heartbeat.

And I would add Evander if Chicago wanted to add Seabrook.  (And that might be what gets it done for Chicago -- Seabrook is 32 and under contract for SEVEN more years at a $6.875MM cap hit per year.)

Boom!

I don't know if Kane is coming to Buffalo, but I do know;

1) He has expressed interest as late as last summer in finishing his career here and was concerned that his last mis-step could have hurt those chances.

2) Management in Buffalo has floated the possibility

3) The Sabres are worried about a significant drop in ticket sales this year

Quick question about this particularly to the last point. Would this factor into the coaching decision as well? PHam and Harrington are on record stating what a lackluster hiring Tocchet would be and opinion polls although not scientific have Housley as the clear cut choice. If there isn't a resounding difference between the two coaches in the eyes of the Pegulas, why not go with the fan favorite.

I really worry that if PK moves to Buffalo permanently that he'll be dead or in jail before that contract runs out. Dude rolls hard, especially here. Too many South Buffalo Bros will want to get him drunk every day, and I'm not sure he can help himself.

For a second there after reading the first 6 words, I thought a Subban "rumor" had no been magically created.

This would be like the LaFontaine trade kinda. A player of Kane's caliber would change the mentality of the lockerroom etc. More than just an on ice difference.

But it would probably take Reinhart, Nylander, McCabe, 8 overall and somebody like Bailey or more.

Edited by pi2000

And I would add Evander if Chicago wanted to add Seabrook.  (And that might be what gets it done for Chicago -- Seabrook is 32 and under contract for SEVEN more years at a $6.875MM cap hit per year.)

Boom!

Not interested in Seabrook.  He's 32.  Seabrook went from 49 points in the 15/16 season to 39 points in the 16/17 season.  His numbers would continue to take a dive in Buffalo.  Fewer players to play with.  

This would be like the LaFontaine trade kinda. A player of Kane's caliber would change the mentality of the lockerroom etc. More than just an on ice difference.

But it would probably take Reinhart, Nylander, McCabe, 8 overall and somebody like Bailey or more.

Then what is the value of changing the mentality of the locker room if most of it is now in Chicago?  Hard Pass.  Chicago is not negotiating from strength and as was seen in the Bickell Teravainen deal they will take less the perceived market value.  

And I would add Evander if Chicago wanted to add Seabrook. (And that might be what gets it done for Chicago -- Seabrook is 32 and under contract for SEVEN more years at a $6.875MM cap hit per year.)

Boom!

Me too. One of a very few trade proposals involving Sam that id actually do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.