Rumors and Speculation Part II

Brawndo

Seems like an oddly specific thing to hitch your wagon to

Eh, I like when they speak out. I loved when Miller bitched about the Leafs and Lucic, and I liked that he called out his players when they were sucking. I like that Lehner does it. Really, I like ANY athlete that speaks out, if for no other reason than because it breaks up the repetitive monotony of the average sports interview, which is terrible.  I think I (or anyone who follows this stuff relatively closely for that matter) could step up to the podium and give basically the same interview as 80% of the players out there and, other than how clearly out of shape I am, no one would know the difference. Show me you give a crap and know something.

I also understand why other players would NOT like said person, goalie or otherwise, to speak out. 

So I'd be interested in Eberle for Ennis and a 2nd rd pick this year.  Age is the same, gives Edmonton almost 3million in cap relief. We get a speedy RW to play with Eichel. Eberle fills in until Nylander/Baptiste is ready to step up to NHL.

I would then sign Kane. I like his speed game and aggressive play better than Reinhart. Reinhart would definitly return an elite defenseman  like Vatanan or Lindholm.

Kane, ROR, Okposo

Foligno or UFA, Eichel, Eberle

So I'd be interested in Eberle for Ennis and a 2nd rd pick this year. Age is the same, gives Edmonton almost 3million in cap relief. We get a speedy RW to play with Eichel. Eberle fills in until Nylander/Baptiste is ready to step up to NHL.

I would then sign Kane. I like his speed game and aggressive play better than Reinhart. Reinhart would definitly return an elite defenseman like Vatanan or Lindholm.

Kane, ROR, Okposo

I don't think that's nearly enough going to Edmonton. Another high pick or prospect is going to have to be included. If a trade doesn't hurt a little when you read it, there isn't enough going the other way. Losing Ennis and a 2nd almost makes me happy, not hurt. Edited by inkman

I don't think that's nearly enough going to Edmonton. Another high pick or prospect is going to have to be included. If a trade doesn't hurt a little when you read it, there isn't enough going the other way. Losing Ennis and a 2nd almost makes me happy, not hurt.

Agreed. Everything Dreger / Friedman / McKenzie have said is that they're not going to just dump Eberle. It'd be something like

Ennis + 2nd + Zemgus + prospect

Edited by WildCard

So I'd be interested in Eberle for Ennis and a 2nd rd pick this year. Age is the same, gives Edmonton almost 3million in cap relief. We get a speedy RW to play with Eichel. Eberle fills in until Nylander/Baptiste is ready to step up to NHL.

I would then sign Kane. I like his speed game and aggressive play better than Reinhart. Reinhart would definitly return an elite defenseman like Vatanan or Lindholm.

Kane, ROR, Okposo

This sounds like a Darcy trade proposal. No way that would be enough.

Ennis, CHI's 2nd in 2017& ours in 2018 plus a B prospect like Karabachek for Eberle

Kane and Min's 2nd for 11, Martinez, Brown(50%)

11 and Marcus Foligno for Boone Jenner

Girgs & WSH's 3rd to Chicago for Kruger and their 2nd

Edited by thewookie1

If we exclude Ennis, are there any top 6 forwards in Buffalo under 6'? I listed guys that are also potential top 6 players too. Seems to me that we have plenty of size in this lineup. I think the important part isn't 1 or 2 inches or 5 or 10lbs but how well they play.

ROR - 6' 209lbs

Okposo - 6' 216lbs

Eichel - 6'2" 196lbs

Reinhart - 6'1" 190lbs

Kane - 6'2" 205lbs

Carrier - 6'2" 212lbs

Bailey - 6'3" 214lbs

Baptiste - 6'1' 205lbs

Fasching - 6'2" 215lbs

Nylander - 6'1" 181lbs

I'm with ya. I don't disagree with you, if a guy can play he can play, a couple guys with heart and hustle wouldn't be too bad. I think Geuntzel and Sheary have done well but Archibald looked like a little boy out there last night.

Agreed. Everything Dreger / Friedman / McKenzie have said is that they're not going to just dump Eberle. It'd be something like

Ennis + 2nd + Zemgus + prospect

Unless that prospect is somebody like Guhle or Nylander I don't see Edmonton going for this at all.

Really don't think you'd have to pay that much for Eberle. I was thinking more along the lines of Asplund or Pu

You're probably right. I see Ennis as a negative value given his recent production vs his contract so that's probably what's skewing it in my mind. Most of us would probably be happy if Vegas took him, although we'd prefer they grab Moulson or Gorges. Ignoring Ennis though it's probably close in value. Girgensons and the second along with a prospect like Pu or Asplund seems about right. The equivalent of three pieces with a 2nd round value (give or take).

Edited by Drunkard

Really don't think you'd have to pay that much for Eberle. I was thinking more along the lines of Asplund or Pu

Agreed, they did not get much in return for Hall. Edmonton is trying to get the right pieces in place after drafting just the "best player" available for so many years. They have such an influx of young players that are ending their ELC that they need to make cap space.

If they want Ennis, Girgensons, and a second for Eberle, I think that is pretty fair value to dump a $6 million dollar contract. 

Agreed, they did not get much in return for Hall. Edmonton is trying to get the right pieces in place after drafting just the "best player" available for so many years. They have such an influx of young players that are ending their ELC that they need to make cap space.

If they want Ennis, Girgensons, and a second for Eberle, I think that is pretty fair value to dump a $6 million dollar contract. 

Except for the fact that Eberle produces and Ennis doesn't. Eberle's cap hit is $6 million and for that he scored 51 points last season. The cap hit for Tyler Ennis is $4.6 million for 13 points. On what planet is Eberle a cap dump but acquiring the great Tyler Ennis a good strategy for them? Ennis and Girgensons combine for roughly the same cap hit as Eberle with less production. No way in hell a second round pick is enough to make up the difference.

Edited by Drunkard

Except for the fact that Eberle produces and Ennis doesn't. Eberle's cap hit is $6 million and for that he scored 51 points last season. The cap hit for Tyler Ennis is $4.6 million for 13 points. On what planet is Eberle a cap dump but acquiring the great Tyler Ennis a good strategy for them? Ennis and Girgensons combine for roughly the same cap hit as Eberle with less production. No way in hell a second round pick is enough to make up the difference.

Exactly.  Ennis has zero to negative value in trade right now. 

If you want Eberle, you're giving up a #1 and/or a top prospect.

Exactly.  Ennis has zero to negative value in trade right now. 

If you want Eberle, you're giving up a #1 and/or a top prospect.

Yep. Just because Edmonton may deem him expendable does mean they're just going to give him away and it certainly doesn't mean they are going to take our expendables for him. People always seem to assume that the other team will trade a quarter for 3 nickles and a slug.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.