Rumors and Speculation Part II

Brawndo

Oh you can find one of those in UFA this year?

I bet I can get one at the expansion draft. Stay at home defenders are a dying bread IMPO. Staying at home means you aren't taking the puck up ice. Me no likey. ALSO ADRIAN KEMPE!!!!

Forbort had 1 ppa, He had 8 primary points out of 18. His 5v5 scoring is intriguing but I guess he got no pp time and lots of team 4 minutes. Judging by his TOI, I would bet he was a 2nd pair guy.  Still doesn't excite me as much as Adrian Kempe. Kempe is about 2 players below Brock Boeser on my fantasy get them to Buffalo list. He is right behind a defender... 

Edited by LGR4GM

We have Antipin now.

I don't think it's wild to be hesitant in declaring our transition-through-defense needs satisfied because of Victor Antipin. I don't even think it's crazy to not be convinced he makes the top 6. We have no clue what he's going to do here.

I bet I can get one at the expansion draft. Stay at home defenders are a dying bread IMPO. Staying at home means you aren't taking the puck up ice. Me no likey. ALSO ADRIAN KEMPE!!!!

hs6pK.gif

Forbort had 1 ppa, He had 8 primary points out of 18. His 5v5 scoring is intriguing but I guess he got no pp time and lots of team 4 minutes. Judging by his TOI, I would bet he was a 2nd pair guy. Still doesn't excite me as much as Adrian Kempe. Kempe is about 2 players below Brock Boeser on my fantasy get them to Buffalo list. He is right behind a defender...

He's more than just a stay at home dman. Read about him, watch some videos. He's a proven NHL dman that can play top minutes and is 25. That's not a dime a dozen. #11 and a proven top minutes dman, not #11 and a winger in juniors.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

He's more than just a stay at home dman. Read about him, watch some videos. He's a proven NHL dman that can play too minutes and is 25. That's not a dime a dozen. #11 and a proven too minutes dman, not #11 and a winger in juniors.

He's more than just a stay at home dman. Read about him, watch some videos. He's a proven NHL dman that can play too minutes and is 25. That's not a dime a dozen. #11 and a proven top minutes dman, not #11 and a winger in juniors

Kempe is not and never has been a "winger in juniors". Hell at least I took 5 seconds to look up Forbort's advanced stats. 

Adrain Kempe: 95 games for MODO in the SHL. Then 104 games over 2 seasons in the AHL including an extensive call this past season (25games) and he is not yet 21. He has 1 less goal than Forbort in 71 less games. He doesn't turn 21 until September so for an unproven winger in juniors with roughly 234 games in a professional hockey league, I will take my chances with him over a 25 year old defender with 1 82 game NHL season to hang his hat on. Also ADRIAN KEMPE!!!!!! :P

ps: Honestly if we got #11 and Forbort I wouldn't be complaining at all

Edited by LGR4GM

Kempe is not and never has been a "winger in juniors". Hell at least I took 5 seconds to look up Forbort's advanced stats.

Adrain Kempe: 95 games for MODO in the SHL. Then 104 games over 2 seasons in the AHL including an extensive call this past season (25games) and he is not yet 21. He has 1 less goal than Forbort in 71 less games. He doesn't turn 21 until September so for an unproven winger in juniors with roughly 234 games in a professional hockey league, I will take my chances with him over a 25 year old defender with 1 82 game NHL season to hang his hat on. Also ADRIAN KEMPE!!!!!! :P

ps: Honestly if we got #11 and Forbort I wouldn't be complaining at all

I misposke he was called up from the AHL the Ontario reign name still makes me think juniors for some reason. He's only played 25 games in the NHL though and had like 2 goals. Either way, they got a #11 and some pieces for us so we can agree LA could be a good dance partner.

As far as Forbort having only one full season in the NHL that's due to blue line depth of LA.

I misposke he was called up from the AHL the Ontario reign name still makes me think juniors for some reason. He's only played 25 games in the NHL though and had like 2 goals. Either way, they got a #11 and some pieces for us so we can agree LA could be a good dance partner.

As far as Forbort having only one full season in the NHL that's due to blue line depth of LA.

and Forbort has 3 goals in an entire NHL season. Forbort doesn't do a lot for me

Well he plays defense and not wing so...

So what? If I'm trading Kane sure i want to for a defender but i value Kempe more than Forbort. Just because we need defense doesn't mean we should just trade for that. You trade Kane you open a LW slot.

Yeah, screw an NHL proven,former #15 overall, gigantic stay at home lhd that can play in versatile situations. Not like we could use one of those.

Stay at home defender is just another way of saying he's bad. Also, his draft status means literally nothing Edited by WildCard

I hope Botterill acquires an underhyped player before he gets recognized and a Toni Lydman/Jay McKee type that can defend against good hockey players. It's a far bigger need than a Vatanen type, particularly with Antipin in the fold.

Forbort might fit the bill.

Stay at home defender is just another way of saying he's bad. Also, his draft status means literally nothing

My goodness man no it doesnt, it means a defensive minded dman. This whole puck moving only thing has finally reached a fever pitch.

So what? If I'm trading Kane sure i want to for a defender but i value Kempe more than Forbort. Just because we need defense doesn't mean we should just trade for that. You trade Kane you open a LW slot.

Eh I hear you but lw is easier to patch than d is though. Either way JB knows what he's doing more than us so I'm not worried about it. Really looking forward to his first major trade to get a feel for him.

My goodness man no it doesnt, it means a defensive minded dman. This whole puck moving only thing has finally reached a fever pitch.

Eh I hear you but lw is easier to patch than d is though. Either way JB knows what he's doing more than us so I'm not worried about it. Really looking forward to his first major trade to get a feel for him.

Name me a good defensive minded dman. There are like what? 3 in the entire league? The top 10 in the entire league are only so good cause they can move the puck

Edited by WildCard

Name me a good defensive minded dman. There are like what? 3 in the entire league? The top 10 in the entire league are only so good cause they can move the puck

Vlasic

Stralman

Lindholm

Hjalmarsson

Brodin

Tanev

Alzner

Braun?

Gorges

I think that's all I've got

Edited to add a few.

Edited by Randall Flagg

It was pretty obvious from the Murray firing presser and the locker clean out reports that the new guy would be charged with some enema work. Kane was always the most likely target there IMO, but the Lehner remarks are interesting.

I think it's D4rk who has been pretty firm on Lehner being disliked in the room.

Could be he's right.

It was pretty obvious from the Murray firing presser and the locker clean out reports that the new guy would be charged with some enema work. Kane was always the most likely target there IMO, but the Lehner remarks are interesting.

I think it's D4rk who has been pretty firm on Lehner being disliked in the room.

Could be he's right.

I could see it. I like a goalie who talks, but I'm sure players don't.

I do wonder if Lehner goes, does this make Peterson more likely to stay now that he thinks he might have a shot at the starting job in a few years

it may or it may not..either way, lehner is proven while Peterson is just a prospect...still think he (Lehner) is better then he is getting credit for

Could be he's right.

I just think he's one of those guys who, if the team liked playing in front of him, could get away with being a butthole. But I don't think they trust him in net/like playing with him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.