2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

But when coming from behind do enough of their shots hit the Corsi Cornhole?

That's funny.

Was just talking with someone at the office about how the relevance of #fancystats (btw, more and more, Corsi/Fenwick are essentially ridiculed by people who actually use advanced stats (no better than +/- apparently (hi, pi!))) tends to diminish when you're down to something like a Game 7. Sure, advanced analytics will help a team ice a team that has the best chance of taking 100 points over an 80-game stretch. But in a single Game 7? Puck luck. Score effects. All those #fancystat hedges start getting thrown around. 

SPORTS!

Edited by That Aud Smell

I guess we should look at Ottawa's success as a good thing as they really do not have a lot of talent but they sure work hard and have, of course, that guy on defence. Having said that, I think our forwards stack up well and are probably better top 9 then the senators. If we can just get a coach to get the same work ethic and commitment to winning and giving their all, we should be fine moving forward. Risto can become a beast (he's close now) with proper coaching and our young guys should only get better. I still cannot believe that Booby Ryan is signed for another $7,250,000 five friggin' years! That is is just crazy. and we think we got guys with bad contracts!  In the end, Ottawa should be the team we look at and say, hey we can do that too...sure gives me hope for next season

Meh, disagree, agree. Lundqvist did not have a good season, but given his track record of excellence, I have a hard time throwing him overboard for it. He may have finally gotten old--he is 35, after all. But he still posted a .930 in the playoffs, which is above his career average in both the playoffs and regular season. The Rangers probably don't even get to the second round without him. Declaring him finished is premature.

Even if the Rangers wanted to dump Lundquist, I don't see who would trade for him at this point in his career. He's locked up through the 20-21 season making 8.5 per year. I can't see any team trading to take on that contract. I don't think any goalie warrants that kind of money.

Even if the Rangers wanted to dump Lundquist, I don't see who would trade for him at this point in his career. He's locked up through the 20-21 season making 8.5 per year. I can't see any team trading to take on that contract. I don't think any goalie warrants that kind of money.

I can think of a team stupid enough to do it and he won't even have to leave the five boroughs.

Yes, even though they have Greiss.  They are that stupid.

That was not offside.

Malkin is engaged. Good things for Pittsburgh.

The Pens just aren't the team we saw this year, being this banged up. It looks like it's catching up to them finally.

I'm still mildly surprised they got to this point without Letang. And Crosby is a shell. I don't care what he or the team say, he's not the same as he was before the concussion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.