2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

Karlsson is a god among men. 

So if Neil's presence propels the Sens to a series victory, do I at least by default win the Tanner Glass argument? And is the whole series decided by one team's feel-good goon with a TOI of 3:00 total being better than the other team's 3:00 TOI feel-good goon?

This is probably a bad opinion, but so are most of the rest of mine so I'll fire away anyway - I think the Sabres would beat the Sens in 5 games (heh, didn't they win 4 of 5 in the regular season, now that i think of it?) I think we're a matchup nightmare for them, and we have a goalie whose life mission is nothing more than to win games against his former team.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Dump Nash, Hank and Staal. That's $22mil being wrapped up in places that are easily replaceable. Raanta was the better goaltender this year. 

Meh, disagree, agree. Lundqvist did not have a good season, but given his track record of excellence, I have a hard time throwing him overboard for it. He may have finally gotten old--he is 35, after all. But he still posted a .930 in the playoffs, which is above his career average in both the playoffs and regular season. The Rangers probably don't even get to the second round without him. Declaring him finished is premature.

Meh, disagree, agree. Lundqvist did not have a good season, but given his track record of excellence, I have a hard time throwing him overboard for it. He may have finally gotten old--he is 35, after all. But he still posted a .930 in the playoffs, which is above his career average in both the playoffs and regular season. The Rangers probably don't even get to the second round without him. Declaring him finished is premature.

I agree with you, he's certainly not the reason they're losing. (Their defense makes the Sabres look like Nashville). 

That's just a steep cap hit, in my opinion. I'm not so sure Hank's constant WTF waves and pouting isn't detrimental to the team either. 

I don't think he's finished, I just think it's time to move on. He might be best suited for a team on their last legs of being a Cup contender. I don't have anything in mind, it's just a thought. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.