Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

Time to add "massage therapist" to Eichel's growing list of job titles! :P

Really though, could also point to Lehner's struggles with his ankle last season.

That was because of Lehner's weight, right? Kinda confused on the Eichel link to the therapist, that injury recovery was right on par with the usual time frame for it

Maybe the therapist was fired because he leaked the Eichel remarks? Just a thought

That was because of Lehner's weight, right? Kinda confused on the Eichel link to the therapist, that injury recovery was right on par with the usual time frame for it

Maybe the therapist was fired because he leaked the Eichel remarks? Just a thought

Remember chz's comments at the time about how his recovery time could have been faster? 

Well if 76,000 combined posts agree then it must be a pretty good take :nana:

I thought the 76K must've been an exaggeration for comic effect, and then I went back and checked the numbers.  Yikes.

Maybe, sounds like TPegs had had enough and just... 

giphy.gif

To sum up yesterday... 

giphy.gif

Among the many, many reasons I am glad for the return of Liger is his gift for the gif.

O'Reilly :

“I was a little surprised. I thought it was going to stay the same and I thought if something was going to happen, it would’ve happened right when the season ended, but I understand the reasoning behind it as its two unsuccessful years for me.”

“It’s unfortunate you don’t want to see people go, I enjoyed playing for them and when there isn’t success, changes are going to be made and it happens, so I have to worry about myself and being a better player.”

“Obviously there’s an uncertainty, you don’t know who’s going to come in, but personally I’m more focused on myself. I want to be better and I have to change and I want to be a leader on this team, be a voice and lead the team in the right direction and I feel it’s a big responsibility for myself to help turn things around here.”

Terry Pegula said he’s looking for an experienced guy to lead this team moving forward. O’Reilly said, “Yes, I think that’s good for sure. I think they’ve got it under control, I think it’s nice to have ownership that if things don’t work, they make changes and then I have to perform because if I don’t, it could be me that’s leaving next.”

“They’ve done big things for myself and I trust the decisions that they make and I want to win here and I know they do too.”

Pegula said many times that they need better communication in the organization from top to bottom. O’Reilly can only speak about the locker room and he said, “I think that’s good, relationships are huge in this business, you’ve got to have the communication, the dialog and that’s something that’s important for me too.”

“I have to have a better relationship with the GM, the coach, the ownership, I’ve got to be able to share my feelings on the team, it’s time for me to step up, they’re making changes and I need to change myself.”

Tim Murray had mentioned that there needed to be better communication between the coaching staff and the players. I asked O’Reilly if he felt he could talk to Bylsma, “Yes, I thought Dan did a great job, I can’t say he was the reason why we lost, I saw so many errors in myself and my mistakes, but I enjoyed playing for Dan, I thought he did a good job and it’s just unfortunate thing and it’s time for someone new.”

O’Reilly doesn’t blame Bylsma. I asked if the team let the coach down and O’Reilly would only speak for himself, “Personally yes I do. I don’t feel I was my best this year, so yes, I think I let everyone down.”

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/oreilly-said-he-didnt-see-changes-running-deep

Edited by WildCard

Ultimately TP made the right decision letting both go. I believe TP fired TM for the roster he built. $ 81 mill (in real $ spent) for the 5th worst team in the league is unaccpetable. I think also fired DD because the new GM will want to hire hs own coach. Howevr it could have easily worked the other way and TP wanted DD gone and fired the guy who hired DD. Or maybe it was a combo.

Regardless, as the owner he looked at the product and the team sucked and needs significant changes if the rebuild is going to succeed. So in his mind, do you keep the architects of the bad product and trust them to fix the mess they created or do you opt for door no. 2. TP correctly choose Door No. 2

Please let Rip Simonick go next...

It's time. And Doug Allen too.

Would have been nice if the reporters had asked at the new conference. 

Yeah, there was so much time and so many opportunities. Terry's Chatty Kathy batterpack was running down. Discipline. Structure. Character. Maybe communication.

No. Let's re-litigate the tank instead.

To be fair, the question was about the lingering effect on the culture of the franchise. A fair point.

It's almost refreshing to have an owner who is just as frustrated as the fans. 

Great, but he's the source of most of the frustration. We have to wait 15 years for him to get his personal sports fantasy right. What an incredibly selfish man he is.

It's time. And Doug Allen too.

Yeah, there was so much time and so many opportunities. Terry's Chatty Kathy batterpack was running down. Discipline. Structure. Character. Maybe communication.

To be fair, the question was about the lingering effect on the culture of the franchise. A fair point.

Great, but he's the source of most of the frustration. We have to wait 15 years for him to get his personal sports fantasy right. What an incredibly selfish man he is.

Bite your tongue, infidel!!!!!

:angry:

John VoglVerified account @BuffNewsVogl 2m2 minutes ago

More

The Sabres' house cleaning has even gone done to longtime massage therapist Chuck Garlow. He's been let go, too.

Guess they found out he was running a massage parlor out of there...hahaha...too many Happy Endings

More like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sabres/comments/3bw41d/jack_eichel_hula_hooping/

Because it's not a one shot game--there are long term consequences associated with any decision to stop financial support. It would be one thing if we were Florida, where 10,000 people (at best) show up every game--season ticket holds could get fed up, say F it, drop tickets...and easily get them back when the team improves. That can't happen here. If you're a season ticket holder and you dump them in an act of protest, you may quite literally not get them back for a decade, at which point the reason for your initial protest is well behind in the rearview mirror. People keep tickets to ensure they have them when the team is good and in the playoffs, not because they support a mediocre (or worse) product.

You are supporting my point and here's how.  First, the bolded could not happen unless people were still buying the season tickets right?  So if 1000 fans give up their tickets but there are still 1000 people willing to buy those season tickets then nothing has changed other than a waiting list potentially being down 1000 names. What's worse is that those people who were to buy those tickets at that point in time would be knowingly buying them when the team is mediocre and as such they are supporting mediocrity.  The fear of missing out factor I get, but that's what management banks on.  As such, they don't have to be successful on the ice to be successful at the bank.

Second, if you don't choose to give up the tickets you are still supporting the mediocrity. Clearly you don't want it as a fan but any expenditure in support of the team is still accepting that mediocrity.  Where's the tipping point?  Well it's different for each fan but as you said, if they hold onto tickets with the thought that next year will be better management is still winning.

Sorry if this was already asked.  Does anyone have any insight into why the Pegulas didnt like the way GMTM operated?  Was he a boozer, foul-mouthed, crude, misogynistic (why Kim may not have liked him)?  Or was it strictly organizational, i.e. bad judgement, hired too many cronies, poor internal reporting structure (if any at all)?  It didnt seem all wins/losses related hence the mantra of structure, discipline, character and communication.

Sorry if this was already asked.  Does anyone have any insight into why the Pegulas didnt like the way GMTM operated?  Was he a boozer, foul-mouthed, crude, misogynistic (why Kim may not have liked him)?  Or was it strictly organizational, i.e. bad judgement, hired too many cronies, poor internal reporting structure (if any at all)?  It didnt seem all wins/losses related hence the mantra of structure, discipline, character and communication.

Communication: Tim himself admitted that he didn't talk to Ted Nolan. This was brushed off as, "Who cares? Ted Nolan sucks" but was a pretty ominous warning sign about the GM. And the fact he just openly blurted it out -- well, I guess he was able to communicate that message to all of us pretty effectively.

My take.

No previous GM experience. Not a people person. Not a well run front office with good communication and leaks to reporters that could be construed as lots of back stabbing and infighting.

Coach not a people person. Not a good communicator and not a sound leader with set rules and structure.

I have read that Murray likes his beer.

The Buffalo News just reported his "ribald" nature was well-known.

He appears rumpled and dour

His foul language has slipped into public discourse.

He has talked publicly about his lack of social grace and people skills.

His organization was rife with complaints about lack of communication.

Report just today on here about lack of empathy or interest in people.

Lots of fuel there.

Edited by dudacek

Lots of fuel there.

He still sounds like GoDD's wet dream idea of a GM.

Lots of fuel there.

Yeah, the term "ribald" struck me as well.  That suggests more than just organizational dysfunction.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.