Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

You are supporting my point and here's how.  First, the bolded could not happen unless people were still buying the season tickets right?  So if 1000 fans give up their tickets but there are still 1000 people willing to buy those season tickets then nothing has changed other than a waiting list potentially being down 1000 names. What's worse is that those people who were to buy those tickets at that point in time would be knowingly buying them when the team is mediocre and as such they are supporting mediocrity.  The fear of missing out factor I get, but that's what management banks on.  As such, they don't have to be successful on the ice to be successful at the bank.

Second, if you don't choose to give up the tickets you are still supporting the mediocrity. Clearly you don't want it as a fan but any expenditure in support of the team is still accepting that mediocrity.  Where's the tipping point?  Well it's different for each fan but as you said, if they hold onto tickets with the thought that next year will be better management is still winning.

Out of curiosity. Are you a season ticket holder? Or were you one who gave up his season tickets? The reason I ask is that I'm not a season ticket holder nor have I relinquished tickets and because of that I would not advise someone else on what or what not to do. Please don't take this as critical because I'm not criticizing I'm just thinking I may think differently depending on whether I hold tickets or not.

You are supporting my point and here's how.  First, the bolded could not happen unless people were still buying the season tickets right?  So if 1000 fans give up their tickets but there are still 1000 people willing to buy those season tickets then nothing has changed other than a waiting list potentially being down 1000 names. What's worse is that those people who were to buy those tickets at that point in time would be knowingly buying them when the team is mediocre and as such they are supporting mediocrity.  The fear of missing out factor I get, but that's what management banks on.  As such, they don't have to be successful on the ice to be successful at the bank.

Second, if you don't choose to give up the tickets you are still supporting the mediocrity. Clearly you don't want it as a fan but any expenditure in support of the team is still accepting that mediocrity.  Where's the tipping point?  Well it's different for each fan but as you said, if they hold onto tickets with the thought that next year will be better management is still winning.

Fear of missing out is exactly what keeps me buying.

I have read that Murray likes his beer.

The Buffalo News just reported his "ribald" nature was well-known.

He appears rumpled and dour

His foul language has slipped into public discourse.

He has talked publicly about his lack of social grace and people skills.

His organization was rife with complaints about lack of communication.

Report just today on here about lack of empathy or interest in people.

Lots of fuel there.

So a typical sociopath then ? :P

Lots of fuel there.

I wonder how many of those would have gotten checked off for Punch Imlach (insert ribald joke here).

Am I the only one really curious about Royce and Murphy? Why them and not other senior hockey people? It can't be purely performance related - Royce has only overseen two drafts. Must be a inner circle of a-hole kinda thing.

TM guys pals?  The last 2 drafts under their watch seem to have been very good.  The only lousy draft was 2014 and they were here.  It must that they were close to TM and as I've been saying for months, TM was the primary problem. Quilt by association. 

TM guys pals? The last 2 drafts under their watch seem to have been very good. The only lousy draft was 2014 and they were here. It must that they were close to TM and as I've been saying for months, TM was the primary problem. Quilt by association.

Pretty sure they weren't here in 2014.

Edit: Yep. Both guys were hired in the summer of 2014 as Murray moved his guys into place over Darcy's staff.

Your 2014 draft was done by Darcy's leftovers, led by Kevin Devine.

So basically, it seems like things got better in the draft when Murray had his system and his guys fully in place. (For the record, I personally feel 2014 was just a shallow draft, period.)

Edited by dudacek

Pretty sure they weren't here in 2014.

Edit: Yep. Both guys were hired in the summer of 2014 as Murray moved his guys into place over Darcy's staff.

Your 2014 draft was done by Darcy's leftovers, led by Kevin Devine.

So basically, it seems like things got better in the draft when Murray had his system and his guys fully in place. (For the record, I personally feel 2014 was just a shallow draft, period.)

agreed -- typo (weren't)

Lots of fuel there.

Not for me. None of those moves the needle even a little. I guess the Pegulas want a little choir boy they can talk to about Jesus over Sunday brunch, no mimosas of course.

Not for me. None of those moves the needle even a little. I guess the Pegulas want a little choir boy they can talk to about Jesus over Sunday brunch, no mimosas of course.

Here we go with this garbage again; I go to church every Sunday, don't drink alcohol and was in the choir as a child. I'm in no way a "little boy". The anti Christian non sense on this board is obnoxious.

Here we go with this garbage again; I go to church every Sunday, don't drink alcohol and was in the choir as a child. I'm in no way a "little boy". The anti Christian non sense on this board is obnoxious.

Why is it you mention Faith and these people rise up with"don't push your faith on us" yet these hypocrites push their atheistic views and that's just fine. I won't push my faith if you guys shut your own mouths and go over to that forum on religion and spew your ideology over there. This is getting me to the point of signing off of what's supposed to be a sports forum. Grow up guys enough is enough.

Edited by Radar

How are you as a GM?

I'd be horrible, I can't play either cause I still can't skate backwards. That's not the point though.

I just meant that you sound like a perfect candidate for TPegs.

Why is it you mention Faith and these people rise up with"don't push your faith on us" yet these hypocrites push their atheistic views and that's just fine. I won't push my faith if you guys shut your own mouths and go over to that forum on religion and spew your ideology over there. This is getting me to the point of signing off of what's supposed to be a sports forum.

The point is, this is a sports forum. The owner of the teams we love is making decisions based on faith (apparently) and not on sports. That's a problem. I want wins. I'm not here for church.

It's not anti-Christian so much as it is anti-faith-based-sports-hiring.

It's not anti-Christian so much as it is anti-faith-based-sports-hiring.

Which would be fair game. The little choir boy stuff isn't neseccary in my opinion though. Just a reminder that this is diverse group of Sabres fans, including Christians.

The point is, this is a sports forum. The owner of the teams we love is making decisions based on faith (apparently) and not on sports. That's a problem. I want wins. I'm not here for church.

I am a faithful, observant, involved, supportive member of my Christian church community.

I mistrust and dislike the jabbering I have heard from the Pegulas about how they look for and value some vaguely defined element of (Christian) faith in their pursuit of FO and/or coach candidates.

I just meant that you sound like a perfect candidate for TPegs.

Come on, man. A guy makes one comment and you guys expand that into "if you're not a man of faith" you need not apply. Don't tell me the comments here aren't anti-Faith. I'm not here for church either but as

a Christian some of these comments are offensive and if it were reversed it probably would be shut down. I see a double standard and that's my point.

We need a leader that can instill a winning culture in the locker room, a message that the kids can buy into. I think New Jersey Devil Assistant General Manager Anton LaVey can bring to this organization what it needs. Quotes attributed to the culture which he instilled in the Devil's organization:

"When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there." This quote illustrates the mutual respect and communication needed between all levels of the organization. It also reinforces the need for the Buffalo media to stay off the logo in the dressing room. Little things like this are ultimately what manifest into a winning culture.

"If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy." Our building has been far too easy to play in. We need opposing teams to fear coming into Buffalo again. We need to remember what home ice advantage truly entails. 

"Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained." What LaVeyan hockey philosophy means here is that when you have this culture, leadership, and intangibles in place, you should do well to keep it in place and remember how important it is. Acting like TrueBlueGED will send the franchise into the depths of mediocrity again. Intangibles are everything, they are the only thing.

"Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal." This is part of AGM LaVey's offseason plan to keep the players out of trouble, as WNY is known for bringing out the worst in its hockey players during the long summer months. 

"Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food." This rule was a NHL-NHLPA compromise implemented by LaVey as a result of Ryan O'Reilly's vegan/PETA protests.

This man, along with his preferred head coach (with ties to the Sabres organization, pictured below) will lead the Sabres organization on the path to greatness, by instilling the much needed high character culture. Terry, I urge you to make the hire ASAP.

miroslav-satan-1997-41.jpg

Come on, man. A guy makes one comment and you guys expand that into "if you're not a man of faith" you need not apply. Don't tell me the comments here aren't anti-Faith. I'm not here for church either but as

a Christian some of these comments are offensive and if it were reversed it probably would be shut down. I see a double standard and that's my point.

FTR, it's been more than one comment, and I don't even really care, But either the single purpose of the Buffalo Sabres is to win the Stanley Cup, or it's to adhere to good Christian values and hopefully win the Stanley Cup.

Fun Fact 1: When I just proofread that sentence I noticed that I had mistakenly typed Satanley Cup,… Ooops.

Fun Fact 2: With that in mind, why is a good Christian owning a sports team to begin with? Isn't the Stanley Cup the falsest of idols. I worship the outa that mofo and want it bad. :devil:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.