Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

Better than tough guy snark though, from someone who had accomplished nothing as an NHL GM? I'll go with boring and accomplished.

Accomplished doesn't do much for me. I just spent two years hearing about a coach's past accomplishments, while his present performance was an abject failure. The thought of fighting this battle with a GM, who will almost certainly have a longer tenure, is nauseating.

It was bound to happen eventually: https://www.gofundme.com/fire-russ-brandon-billboard

At least a few of you better pony up a few bucks :P

It's an unholy alliance that will result in a two-headed, 11-toed sloth of a love child, but I'm with PTR on this one. It's an embarrassment for Buffalo sports fans. Even I can't connect the dots on an underachieving GM/coach pair getting fired to Russ Brandon.

It's an unholy alliance that will result in a two-headed, 11-toed sloth of a love child, but I'm with PTR on this one. It's an embarrassment for Buffalo sports fans. Even I can't connect the dots on an underachieving GM/coach pair getting fired to Russ Brandon.

Maybe you've lost a few mph on the ol' fast ball? Work on your off-speed stuff! :)

TM never struck me as tough guy snark. Just a straight shooter with self confidence.

Sometimes the guys who are overcompensating have the least confidence.

Accomplished doesn't do much for me. I just spent two years hearing about a coach's past accomplishments, while his present performance was an abject failure. The thought of fighting this battle with a GM, who will almost certainly have a longer tenure, is nauseating.

Ha! You already oppose this unnamed GM! You probably have charts to prove your case. I'm already calling it the Oscillating Orifice, and I haven't even seen it.

Sometimes the guys who are overcompensating have the least confidence.

Ha! You already oppose this unnamed GM! You probably have charts to prove your case. I'm already calling it the Oscillating Orifice, and I haven't even seen it.

I will MS Paint the ###### out of some charts the moment he's hired!

I'm just saying, the whole past accomplishment thing doesn't do a ton for me. 

Edit: To clarify what I mean a bit, I'm fine with using past performance as a way to evaluate the hire. But once the hire starts doing things, I rapidly stop caring what he did with team X 5 years ago. Put differently, I don't think it should be used to judge the moves the guy ends up making. "I don't know what to think about this trade, but he won a Cup, so I'll trust it" is just...meh, to me. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

You know if you are going to call fake news, pick something that isn't so easily verified with Google :lol:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/12/vic-caruccis-bills-wake-call-whaley-nfl-executive-year-candidate-believe/

So you think that article "verifies" your statement? Vic Carucci rattling off a long list of DW mistakes, and then saying that he (Vic, not anyone else) thinks two good DW moves are the kind of moves that earn awards for GMs?

Does DW perchance buy your unused Sabres tickets?

Per Kevin Sylvester

can't see Terry Pegula holding a press conference tomorrow to just take questions. Wouldn't surprise me if he named a hockey president

I'm half-expecting this too.

I will MS Paint the ###### out of some charts the moment he's hired!

I'm just saying, the whole past accomplishment thing doesn't do a ton for me. 

Edit: To clarify what I mean a bit, I'm fine with using past performance as a way to evaluate the hire. But once the hire starts doing things, I rapidly stop caring what he did with team X 5 years ago. Put differently, I don't think it should be used to judge the moves the guy ends up making. "I don't know what to think about this trade, but he won a Cup, so I'll trust it" is just...meh, to me. 

Winning's not everything, it's the only thing! Also -- strike up the band. I'll be here all week.

You're a presidential historian. There's always a stylistic reaction from one president to the next. Ike to JFK. Nixon to Carter. Carter to Reagan. Bush to Obama and so on. I think the next guy is going to be the anti-Murray.

Winning's not everything, it's the only thing! Also -- strike up the band. I'll be here all week.

You're a presidential historian. There's always a stylistic reaction from one president to the next. Ike to JFK. Nixon to Carter. Carter to Reagan. Bush to Obama and so on. I think the next guy is going to be the anti-Murray.

I think so too. I think Pegula goes the Full McDermott--no nonsense, generic cliche generatiing machine.

So you think that article "verifies" your statement? Vic Carucci rattling off a long list of DW mistakes, and then saying that he (Vic, not anyone else) thinks two good DW moves are the kind of moves that earn awards for GMs?

Maybe the headline that says "Whaley Executive of the year candidate? Believe it!" makes my point better than yours. And Doug doesn't need my tickets. Terry lets him use the team box.

Stop flailing, NF.

Maybe the headline that says "Whaley Executive of the year candidate? Believe it!" makes my point better than yours. And Doug doesn't need my tickets. Terry lets him use the team box.

Stop flailing, NF.

Are you joking? Did you read the article you linked? And are you aware that virtually no credible NFL observers think Whaley is any good?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/71467/57/nfls-best-gms-2017?pg=3

(That, btw, is an example of linking to an article that actually says what the poster claims it says.)

From John Wawrow

For TV broadcast members in particular:

Person familiar with #Sabres GM/coach search tells AP team owner Terry Pegula will oversee process.

No surprise there. Wait until he hands out 10 year deals to Sutter and Lombardi

To my fellow posters I apologize, this article is raw meat for PA

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/pegulas-become-latest-owners-fall-victim-fans/

How long has there been a "fire Bylsma" thread here? How about a thread questioning Murray? The owner does what we want and he's the bad guy. I feel bad for the Pegulas because all they wanted is to do something nice for the "long suffering fans of WNY" and all they get in return are people s##ting on them.

Terry should just sell the teams to owners that would move them far away. It's the only way to end this madness.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.