GDT: Sabres @ Kings 3-16-17 @10:30 MSG

Claude Balls

Leino scored our first goal that year. We started off beating the Ducks in Helsinki then beat the Kings in Berlin.

Luke Adam would have a great 15 games between Vanek and Pommers, leading many (including myself) to annoint him as the top line center we'd been waiting for. Luker made the NHL rookie all star roster and was immediately sent down to Roch after the all star break by abusive coach Lindy Ruff.

Rick called both games from home while watching on a big screen HDTV. It's the same setup he'll have at the home when the time comes.

Edited by PASabreFan

Opening game of the season when we had just acquired Leino and Ehrhoff, 1st Pegula offseason. I remember that game like it was yesterday

Yeah, and the 2 seasons before that the teams that opened in Europe with a win, won the Cup. I was sure that we were going to do it that year.

....oops

Rodrigues Eichel Fasching

Kane Reinhart Bailey

Girgensons ROR Gionta

Hoo Givs Afuhk

Come on Dan, we're playing out the string

Confession time: I only read the center spine and legitimately spent a moment trying to figure out who "Givs" was.

Anywho, give me O'Reilly on Eichel's wing or give me death.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Hrmmm.  It appears to be accurate: http://mcubed.net/nhl/buf/la.shtml

However, you'll notice from the link that they actually beat the Kings 4-2 in an away game the '11-'12 season!  But lo, that game was in Berlin to kick off that season in October 2011, counting as an LA "home game": https://www.nhl.com/news/adam-scores-twice-sabres-beat-kings-4-2-in-first-nhl-game-in-germany/c-595072

Edit:  I think the current schedule format (wherein each team plays a home & away with each team in the opposite conference) began in 2013-2014.  In 12-13, they didn't play each other, in 11-12, they played @LA (in Germany), in 10-11 they played @BUF, and in 09-10 they played @LA (Rivet's aforementioned goal).

Good stuff!

We played a game in Berlin?

Jesus, I don't even remember that.

Opening game of the season when we had just acquired Leino and Ehrhoff, 1st Pegula offseason. I remember that game like it was yesterday

Yup. I remember that season started with so much hope and optimism, and they got off to a good start. It went south so fast!

ROR - Eichel - Fasching

Kane - Reinhart - Rodrigues

Foligno - Girgensons - Bailey

Moulson - Ennis - Gionta

Yes please.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.