Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

The Bills are not getting any better with TT at the helm......unless Dennison can work some magic and teach him to stop locking on to his #1 read and taking off if he's not open. I'm at every home game and I can't count the number of times there were guys running wide open down the seam or the sidelines and he ends up taking off running because his first option wasn't open. He needs to scan the field quicker and know exactly where the other routes are going or look to the hot route if he doesn't have any time before tucking and running. And you can never have a good enough O-line IMO. Hopefully they keep getting better which will also help Tyrod.

Edited by Claude Balls

That was a poorly sentence by freeman.

Yes, but  OTOH Graham doesn't rate a properly constructed sentence either.   

Nice read,  thanks. Hey PA, did you see this part? Might want to put a tarp down before your head explodes. :) (I kid, I kid)

So we're to believe that Pegula had nothing to do with the hiring of Bylsma, then, although the Pegulas were clearly involved in the hiring of Ryan and McDermott?   That's what Pegula implied in the post Bylsma presser - that he wasn't involved in the Bylsma hire.   

Edited by Jsixspd

Yes, but  OTOH Graham doesn't rate a properly constructed sentence either.   

So we're to believe that Pegula had nothing to do with the hiring of Bylsma, then, although the Pegulas were clearly involved in the hiring of Ryan and McDermott?   That's what Pegula implied in the post Bylsma presser - that he wasn't involved in the Bylsma hire.   

I think he said "as involved". I'm sure he signed off on it, and probably interviewed Dan. I'd guess XGMTM said something like, "Well, Babcock screwed us. I like DB as my next choice." TP: "OK, go get him."

I think he said "as involved". I'm sure he signed off on it, and probably interviewed Dan. I'd guess XGMTM said something like, "Well, Babcock screwed us. I like DB as my next choice." TP: "OK, go get him."

You know, if Bylsma was the best available at the time (especially since we'd put a lot of eggs in the Babcock courting basket)  then it wouldn't be reasonable to fault Murray for hiring Bylsma

However, if Murray refused to face reality, and continued to support keeping Bylsma as HC at the end of this disastrous season, then he certainly deserved to be fired.  

Murray seemed more pragmatic than that;  and his end of year presser certainly provided no real endorsement of Bylsma;  some outright criticism in fact of Bylsma's methods.  For him to dig his heels in, and support Bylsma....   I have trouble believing that.  But all we know is what Pegula told us.    

I hope we learn the true story someday - I would love to know the details.  

I think the story is simple and obvious. The team was a train wreck on the ice and in the room and it was Murray's team. In the end it needed to happen.

Yes it did. When Murray has to tell Bylsma how to discipline players 70 games into his second season behind the bench? Total dumpster fire. Murray didn't have much feel for what was happening I don't think. A good GM sees problems from day one, Murray had no clue.

Yes it did. When Murray has to tell Bylsma how to discipline players 70 games into his second season behind the bench? Total dumpster fire. Murray didn't have much feel for what was happening I don't think. A good GM sees problems from day one, Murray had no clue.

That struck me as a situation a manager gets in to because he's been too hands off until it has gotten out of hand.  He has said he's a scout at heart.  Too much time watching other teams and not enough time watching his own.  He wasn't the right guy for the job.

Zay jones is a QB test, if Tyrod can't find his middle game WR, then we know that he is just Runner/deep throw QB.

Not a bad thing, but also not what you can expect if you want to go far.

Edited by Huckleberry

@AdamSchefter
Looks like a favorite has emerged: Panthers asst GM Brandon Beane is headed back to Buffalo for second GM interview with Bills, per source.

Will the Bills be the Panthers-lite,  much like Pegula is trying to craft the Sabres as Pens-lite?   O

Or is this because McDermott got most of the say in hiring his new 'boss' -  who will probably run and fetch the coffee in the office for Sean and T-Pegs?    "How much cream would you like, sirs?".   lol

I'd be thrilled if they end up drafting top 5 next season but I don't see it happening. They will end up somewhere around 20th missing out on the best talent in the draft.

We were at 10 this year, so drafting 20th means we had quite a bit of improvement, since the first playoff team picks at 21.

Except for last year (#19), the Bills haven't drafted outside the top 16 since 2003. :bag:

Will the Bills be the Panthers-lite,  much like Pegula is trying to craft the Sabres as Pens-lite?   O

Or is this because McDermott got most of the say in hiring his new 'boss' -  who will probably run and fetch the coffee in the office for Sean and T-Pegs?    "How much cream would you like, sirs?".   lol

The new GM will also have to kiss McDermott's wrestling ring (since he doesn't have any for football). I give Pegula a hard time for his Pittsburgh fetish but at least they've won. Now we're trying to emulate a team that's never even won anything. This should end well.

Edited by Drunkard

If there's anything I hate more than power rankings, it's power rankings months before the start of training camp.  I guess they give people something to talk about this year, but once things get started, the only power ranking that matters is the one where the Bills finish 7-9 each year.

Edited by shrader

If there's anything I hate more than power rankings, it's power rankings months before the start of training camp.  I guess they give people something to talk about this year, but once things get started, the only power ranking that matters is the one where the Bills finish 7-9 each year.

Trust me, the likes of Dan Patrick crave us to finish 7-9 every year.

The sports media for the most part likes things to be 'as they perceive they should be'