Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I read on TBD that before last weekend, 300 yard QBs were 16-14 in the games they threw that many, and 100 yard RBs were 17-1 in the games where they ran for that many.

Ball control. I would like to know the overlapping of those; how many of those 100 yard RBs have good QBs that open the running game for them?

So we have http://www.footballdb.com/stats/100-yard-rushing.html

Hunt (4)

Fournette(2)

McCoy(1)

Elliot(2)

Cook(1)

Ajayi(1)

Anderson(1)

Hyde(1)

Gurley(2)

Howard(1)

Freeman(1)

Murray(1)

Powell(1)

Bell(1)

Blount(1)

Jones(1)

Gordon(1)

Those teams went 21-2 in that stretch, with the only losses being SF to Seattle (12-9) and Dallas to GB (35-31)

Edited by WildCard

I read on TBD that before last weekend, 300 yard QBs were 16-14 in the games they threw that many, and 100 yard RBs were 17-1 in the games where they ran for that many.

Ball control. I would like to know the overlapping of those; how many of those 100 yard RBs have good QBs that open the running game for them?

Not just ball control; teams throw when they are behind and run when they are ahead.

So it looks like Cordy Glenn is being marginalized along with Dareus (and it's fair to include Watkins and Darby in that category too I suppose).

Sheesh.  I know none of us has any clue about the attitudes of any of these guys other than Dareus, but they really are unloading a bunch of guys at key positions.

So it looks like Cordy Glenn is being marginalized along with Dareus (and it's fair to include Watkins and Darby in that category too I suppose).

Sheesh.  I know none of us has any clue about the attitudes of any of these guys other than Dareus, but they really are unloading a bunch of guys at key positions.

We can't really know, but with Cordy I bet it's more about availability than attitude. Usually that stuff seeps out like it did with Sammy and obviously Marcel

I thought the same thing.

To Flagg's point, I'm not so sure. The guy's healthy now. But does McDermott think he's the right type of player? I'm thinking maybe not.

I thought the same thing.

To Flagg's point, I'm not so sure. The guy's healthy now. But does McDermott think he's the right type of player? I'm thinking maybe not.

He's been nursing something, I think he only got 22 snaps Sunday. Or maybe that's because of the "lack of fit" on or off the field? He was hurt recently though.

Ian Rapaport reported Martavis Bryant has requested a trade. He comes with huge off field risks, and I'm not at all convinced the new regime would be willing to take them on....but my god he's *exactly* what the offense needs on the field.

Lots of talent, but there's no way he'll fit in with what McDermott is trying to do here.

I don't know a thing about the guy (Bryant), but I truly dislike how the use of marijuana (even persistent or chronic use) suggests someone's a bad guy.

I know we've kicked this around before, but the effing NFL is more than happy to push liver-killing painkillers (like the 'profens) and life-threatening opioids on its players, but heaven forbid those players use a far, far less harmful substance -- whether recreationally or, far more likely, to help manage the pain and anxiety such a violent game produces in them.

Eff the effing NFL.

I like that if you smoke weed you're a deviant but if you abuse painkillers you just have a problem. Total bs

June 1971, President Nixon declares war on drugs, with a proclamation that drug abuse is public enemy number 1. Ever since then, the government has done it's very best to indoctrinate the American public to the evils of recreational drugs. And ya know what? It worked.

Remember DARE? I do. I remember the DARE officer telling us that we could die from one bump of cocaine. I remember all of my TV shows and movies, whenever they needed a new bad guy, they would just make him smoke pot and you automatically knew that he was bad. Don't even get me started on the racial connotations involved because I'm too stupid to articulate it properly.

This has been built up in us since we were children. And it's still hard for some of us to shake.

Oh ! And another thing! My DARE officer loved to tell the story of Len Bias who he claimed died of a cocaine induced heart attack after trying coke for the very first time with some bad people. I didn't know that Bias was a monster coke head until the 30 for 30 came out.

We were indoctrinated with lies as children. Kind of like a North Korea situation, but on a slightly smaller scale.

June 1971, President Nixon declares war on drugs, with a proclamation that drug abuse is public enemy number 1. Ever since then, the government has done it's very best to indoctrinate the American public to the evils of recreational drugs. And ya know what? It worked.

Remember DARE? I do. I remember the DARE officer telling us that we could die from one bump of cocaine. I remember all of my TV shows and movies, whenever they needed a new bad guy, they would just make him smoke pot and you automatically knew that he was bad. Don't even get me started on the racial connotations involved because I'm too stupid to articulate it properly.

This has been built up in us since we were children. And it's still hard for some of us to shake.

Oh ######! And another thing! My DARE officer loved to tell the story of Len Bias who he claimed died of a cocaine induced heart attack after trying coke for the very first time with some bad people. I didn't know that Bias was a monster coke head until the 30 for 30 came out.

We were indoctrinated with lies as children. Kind of like a North Korea situation, but on a slightly smaller scale.

The entire thing is basically one big racial connotation. 

I used to smoke myself, but saying everyone should be allowed is silly.

I've seen people go into a depression, well they probably already were but the weed didn't help.

As someone for whom weed did nothing good or enjoyable (and, in fact, only seemed to make me moody and lethargic), I can identify with this.

If it doesn't work for them then they don't have to use it. 

And agree with this.

I used to smoke myself, but saying everyone should be allowed is silly.

I've seen people go into a depression, well they probably already were but the weed didn't help.

I've seen people drink and beat their families and kill thousands of Americans on the roads every year. 

Everyone should still be allowed to drink.

No one is saying that everyone should be forced to smoke weed.