Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

He'd ignore all logic and posts that prove him wrong, freak out, and make more repetitively asinine remarks

To be fair, he did know more about football than anyone else on the entire internet.

Anyway, I still can't convince myself to watch this stuff yet.  Also, it's early, but from the outside, it seems like they may finally have the makings of a decent coach.

Well that's the truth, and it would become bad, nearly instantly..... But he was on the "wrestler" kick.... Wonder if he'd eat crow or just change topic

He'd change the topic. Honestly, my best bet is he would talk about how good Watson has looked, and how dumb the Bills were for passing on him. Of course omitting how good Tre White has been

Let's talk about Tre White for a second. As a rookie he has gone up against some really good WR and while not perfect, he has made their life hard. He also hasn't gotten blow out by any of them. Might be one of the best draft picks of the drought. 

Let's talk about Tre White for a second. As a rookie he has gone up against some really good WR and while not perfect, he has made their life hard. He also hasn't gotten blow out by any of them. Might be one of the best draft picks of the drought. 

He's a smart, smart player. Great ball skills too. Everyone else stood there on the field and he ran, got the ball, and ran into the endzone with it. Meanwhile the Jags let Bilal Powell score off a similar play cause they stopped playing and thought he was down. Smart play by Tre

Nope. As fun as this year is, don't undo all the good they've done by going out and trying the ol' win now thing again.

Hmmm. I'm not so sure about this.

It's a shame, Taylor and Mathews seemed to finally get some chemistry over the last two games and now this.  Bills should look to teams like the Giants and Colts, throw a 2nd and 5th at the Giants for Brandon Marshall maybe, could work.

Yes - that is true about Mathews. 

No thank you, no thank you to Brandon Marshall. He's done.

The good they did was shed a WR who wasn't going to re-sign for a pretty damned good DB and a pick, and to shed a DB who didn't fit the system for a replacement WR and another pick. This is a rebuild, not a tank.  Now that replacement WR is down for a month, it's smart to use one of those assets to replace him.  He doesn't have to be a guy whose contract is up in February, either.

This is the sort of thinking I can get on board with.

Man I'd love to hear all the smack about Sean the wrestler now from our long departed magic man

How things have played out is a perfect illustration of why that brand of arrogance is so fundamentally stupid.

Spending a 2nd round pick on a WR probably won't bring in the WR you think it will. 

But, wait ...

The Rams got a pretty good WR very recently for a #2.

Boom!

Seriously. A 2nd round pick is serious coin in the realm of NFL trades. Doooo eeeet.

OTOH, by the time an acquired WR were up to speed with the playbook and on the same page as Tyrod, Mathews would be ready to come back.

Dennison (sp?) is gonna hafta get creative to manufacture yards and points.

To be fair, he did know more about football than anyone else on the entire internet.

You're a bad man.

Word to Big Bird. He's been a great fit in McDermott's scheme. Credit to the FO for identifying a talent that they could work with, and shipping off another they believed they could not.

Boom!

Seriously. A 2nd round pick is serious coin in the realm of NFL trades. Doooo eeeet.

OTOH, by the time an acquired WR were up to speed with the playbook and on the same page as Tyrod, Mathews would be ready to come back.

Dennison (sp?) is gonna hafta get creative to manufacture yards and points.

I responded to his post, but for the bold, there's a big reason for that. Do I really want to trade a very valuable asset for, what is at best out there, a #2 receiver, in an attempt to finally break the drought? Not a chance. Keep the asset, build through the draft by acquiring young, cost controlled guys that fit your culture and system. Don't go and panic on week 4 of a rebuild and acquire a WR to replace a guy that will be out a month

I responded to his post, but for the bold, there's a big reason for that. Do I really want to trade a very valuable asset for, what is at best out there, a #2 receiver, in an attempt to finally break the drought? Not a chance. Keep the asset, build through the draft by acquiring young, cost controlled guys that fit your culture and system. Don't go and panic on week 4 of a rebuild and acquire a WR to replace a guy that will be out a month

Fair points. But there might be a guy out there who fits the bill(s), and could help us get to 10 or 11 wins.

On balance, though, I think there are too many obstacles to making this a good solution. There's time involved in getting that player up to speed, establishing a rapport with Taylor. My bet is that they (the Bills) will dance with who brung 'em.

I feel your pain.

Still:  I don't think the Bills have had back-to-back wins like this since the commencement of the drought.

They finally don't have losers running things.

They've never had back to back wins like this in the history of the team. 

Richard Sherman complaining about fans dehumanizing players on how they view their injuries because of fantasy football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20891284/richard-sherman-seattle-seahawks-many-nfl-players-soured-fantasy

Hey Richard Sherman, how about you don't try and murder your fellow peers on chip hits? I mean, this was from last week

This guy must be the most annoying guy in football. All he does is bitch about how the players are treated, how the NFL views them just as stock, etc. I mean, he's not wrong, but he consistently goes out and takes the cheapest hits you can find. What a hypocrite 

Edited by WildCard

I know it feels that way, grasshopper, but I promise you that the Kelly-Thurman-Bruce era had more glorious wins than you can count.

For instance:  https://www.upi.com/Archives/1992/09/13/Bills-34-49ers-31/4063716356800/

I'm speaking purely statistically. They've never beaten two undefeated teams back to back. 

Really? I find that really, really hard to believe

per Bills PR. First time the Bills have won back-to-back games against undefeated teams that are 2-0 or better. 

I like the 2-0 stipulation because beating a 1-0 team doesn't really mean anything. 

per Bills PR. First time the Bills have won back-to-back games against undefeated teams that are 2-0 or better. 

I like the 2-0 stipulation because beating a 1-0 team doesn't really mean anything. 

I was ready to poke holes in it otherwise :lol:

Still, that's really odd. Always like little nuggets like that 

Still:  I don't think the Bills have had back-to-back wins like this since the commencement of the drought.

Agreed.

They've never had back to back wins like this in the history of the team. 

The what?

Richard Sherman complaining about fans dehumanizing players on how they view their injuries because of fantasy football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20891284/richard-sherman-seattle-seahawks-many-nfl-players-soured-fantasy

Hey Richard Sherman, how about you don't try and murder your fellow peers on chip hits? I mean, this was from last week

This guy must be the most annoying guy in football. All he does is bitch about how the players are treated, how the NFL views them just as stock, etc. I mean, he's not wrong, but he consistently goes out and takes the cheapest hits you can find. What a hypocrite 

He really is a bit much. A very smart guy - very smart. But he seems to lack the sort of self-awareness that would make him far less annoying about a lot of things.

I know it feels that way, grasshopper, but I promise you that the Kelly-Thurman-Bruce era had more glorious wins than you can count.

For instance:  https://www.upi.com/Archives/1992/09/13/Bills-34-49ers-31/4063716356800/

"Like this" was key to d4rk's take, which I also found strange.

I'm speaking purely statistically. They've never beaten two undefeated teams back to back. 

Well now we know why the take sounded so wrong.

i am happy to be eating crow, i had the Bills at 1-3 at this point.  

I am not really familiar with Powell, i didn't really see any pre-season games.  It's a shame, Taylor and Mathews seemed to finally get some chemistry over the last two games and now this.  Bills should look to teams like the Giants and Colts, throw a 2nd and 5th at the Giants for Brandon Marshall maybe, could work.

Maybe we cold go for T. Y. Hilton?

This is nice, but I still remember 2011. And 2008.

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

This is nice, but I still remember 2011. And 2008.

Exactly. I'm glad the team is playing well and I'll be happy to eat my words about the Wrestler, but there's still plenty of time for them to F it up. After watching the Bills be 4-0 and then 5-1 and somehow still finish 7-9 and out of the playoffs, I'm not going to expect anything. I'll keep taking the wait and see approach.

If McGinger can get this team into the playoffs I'll gladly own up to being wrong about him, even if it seems like Pegula had some weird metrics/justifications for hiring him.

I'm as shocked as anyone by how the Bills are playing. Here in the Atl, the Falcons fans, including my wife and daughter were chalking this game up in the win column. Opps!

This defense is real and will keep the Bills in every game this season. If McCoy can stay healthy, this team should contend for the playoffs espeically with Miami done the season and the Pats finally looking ordinary. Nice to know we also have 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds for next season's draft. Talk about an opportunity to fix the O long-term and build depth.

For those the think this is a but of a mirage, the combined record of our opponents YTD is 11-5 with 3 of those 5 losses to us.

Edited by GASabresFan

I'm as shocked as anyone by how the Bills are playing. Here in the Atl, the Falcons fans, including my wife and daughter were chalking this game up in the winn column. Opps!

This defense is real and will keep the Bills in every game this season. If McCoy can stay healthy, this team whould contend for the playoffs espeically with Miami done the season and the Pats finally looking ordinary. Nice to know we also have 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds for next season's draft. Talk about an opportunity to fix the O long-term and build depth.

For those the think this is a but of a mirage, the combined record of our opponents YTD is 11-5 with 3 of those 5 losses to us.

The bills have fooled me before. 

....i'll wait