Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Sure they do. Manziel got a shot, RG3 got a shot, Tyrod has a shot, Vicck had a shot, and never went to a SB, maybe NFC championship game?

You're picking outliers and then saying they're rare because they don't get a shot. They don't get a shot because they don't work. 

Even the best running QB ever in Vick had limited success in the playoffs. It's just far too unpredictable of a system to rely on individual efforts to win.

You're now arguing something that isn't being argued. He does run a lot. He also...passes a lot. Dismissing him because he runs a lot is nuts.

I don't want the guy here, but dismissing a QB because he has an added dimension to his game seems a little crazy to me.

You're now arguing something that isn't being argued. He does run a lot. He also...passes a lot. Dismissing him because he runs a lot is nuts.

I want him to pass more than he runs, how is that nuts? 

I don't want the guy here, but dismissing a QB because he has an added dimension to his game seems a little crazy to me.

He has a dimension he relies upon a lot that cannot be relied upon that much in the NFL. 

@mikerodak

Bills coach Sean McDermott notes "competition" when asked if Cedric Thornton or Marcell Dareus will start at defensive tackle this Sunday in Cincinnati. Dareus' playing time could increase after an ankle injury limited him last week, but it seems the coaching staff wants to give Thornton a shot at taking that top role alongside Kyle Williams.

@kmart_BN

Talking about Marcell Dareus + the #Bills' DL pieces, Sean McDermott dropped a telling line: It's all about "who can get the job done.

McDermott doesn't care for, and apparently doesn't need Marcell.

It's interesting. The Whaley way clearly contemplated paying a king's ransom to one elite big-boy DT. 

It's clear that McDermott does not see the need to do the same. 

...and not giving a poop about character as long as the athleticism was there -- hence Karlos Williams, Dareus, Seantrel Henderson, etc.

My understanding is that trading Dareus this year would indeed be crippling financially, but trading him after this season would not be.

I'm top lazy to look, but I believe this is accurate. However, the team he gets traded to would be saddled with a similarly large cap hit (I think), making a trade unlikely. He's probably a contract we have to cut our way out of.

I'm top lazy to look, but I believe this is accurate. However, the team he gets traded to would be saddled with a similarly large cap hit (I think), making a trade unlikely. He's probably a contract we have to cut our way out of.

My understanding was that the contract becomes "tradeable" &/or "cut-able" after next season but that the Bills would still take a huge hit letting him go prior to next season.

My understanding was that the contract becomes "tradeable" &/or "cut-able" after next season but that the Bills would still take a huge hit letting him go prior to next season.

Yea, just looked it up. Seems to me if we part ways prior to next season, it's a $22 million dead cap charge. After next season, that drops to a very manageable $7.8 million.

Post with some good stuff on Tyrod at the top: https://twoqbs.com/in-season/nfl-quarterback-rundown-week-4/

Yea, just looked it up. Seems to me if we part ways prior to next season, it's a $22 million dead cap charge. After next season, that drops to a very manageable $7.8 million.

Post with some good stuff on Tyrod at the top: https://twoqbs.com/in-season/nfl-quarterback-rundown-week-4/

But I think (and I could be wrong) that after this season, the cap hits are quite different for cutting him vs trading him -- i.e. it's still crippling if they cut him, but not if they trade him (acknowledging that as True pointed out someone needs to be willing to trade for him).

Honestly, I knew what you meant, I'm just being argumentative :lol:

Separately, Dareus is so gone the moment it's not crippling financially.

:nana:

I have a hard time really evaluating linemen and players like that. Is he actually terrible now or just not worth what he's being paid?

My understanding is that trading Dareus this year would indeed be crippling financially, but trading him after this season would not be.

There are some ramifications if he's traded in 2018, too, and they're bad, but maybe just not as bad, IIRC.  And maybe I don't RC.

@ChrisBrownBills

Matthews and Humber out for Sunday's game. EJ Gaines is questionable for the game w/groin injury. #Bills

McDermott: we have to evolve in all 3 phases & expect to win in all 3 areas. But we have work to do in all 3 areas as well. #Bills

Glenn will be full practice here on Friday. Designation for Sunday to be determined. #Bills

McDermott on CB health - we're a little nicked there. I'm confident we'll figure it out for Sunday. #Bills

@SalSports

McDermott on Shamarko Thomas: Talks about his speed and toughness.

@JonScottTV

Sean McDermott says he’s most impressed with LeSean McCoy’s growth as a teammate. McD comparing from what he saw when together in Philly

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott fairly confident Lawson, Dareus & Hyde will be able to go on Sunday #Bills