Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Wut.

The Bills sent a scout to Athens. He spoke with the coaches a bit. I heard from a friend they specifically were looking at 3 players, Chubb, Michelle, and Roquan.  Now whether they saw anyone else they liked or if they really will draft someone remains unknown but the Bills most assuredly need a RB in this draft.  Chubb or Michelle could be a 3rd or 4th round fit for them. Maybe 5th round depending on draft stuff. Roquan is Roquan, he good. 

^

Okay.

I suspect the team’s scouts are looking at lots of players, yeah?

yup, just found it interesting. Chubb in Buffalo would be the perfect option when you want to change things up. Michelle is stylistically similar to McCoy. Both are good. 

He's 6'3" 212lbs.... 

Little? Do you mean as in build? He's not short.

yes, build. And I know, you can add that and what not, but he's still a small guy. Looks like he could break on any play

Regardless that's not the main concern. He likes to run, and I don't think he can read a field well enough. Just another great college athlete and bad NFL QB

yes, build. And I know, you can add that and what not, but he's still a small guy. Looks like he could break on any play

Regardless that's not the main concern. He likes to run, and I don't think he can read a field well enough. Just another great college athlete and bad NFL QB

I disagree completely. One of this biggest strengths is he reads the field while moving. And his athleticism is a cross between Vick and Newton. He's just off the charts physically.

In the traditional, 5-7 step drop, stand still while surveying the defense, and throw? No. But in today's NFL, that's less important than ever IMO. He can function in the pocket from a shotgun. He's not Vince Young.

What mobile QB's have really had success in the way you describe? Playoff success, not individual. Cam Newton?

Edited by WildCard

What mobile QB's have really had success in the way you describe? Playoff success, not individual. Cam Newton?

Newton. Wilson. Roethlisberger isn't a forward running, but he's made his mark by extending plays and improvising. Vick in his prime had playoff success. Rodgers is of course really good in the pocket, but his mobility makes him special.

The other thing is, we don't see a ton of QBs with this skill set. The real run first guys in college never get a real shot (thinking someone like Pryor here), so the sample is really limited. As a result I don't think you can look at "hit rate" or anything like it at face value.

Newton. Wilson. Roethlisberger isn't a forward running, but he's made his mark by extending plays and improvising. Vick in his prime had playoff success. Rodgers is of course really good in the pocket, but his mobility makes him special.

The other thing is, we don't see a ton of QBs with this skill set. The real run first guys in college never get a real shot (thinking someone like Pryor here), so the sample is really limited. As a result I don't think you can look at "hit rate" or anything like it at face value.

Sure they do. Manziel got a shot, RG3 got a shot, Tyrod has a shot, Vicck had a shot, and never went to a SB, maybe NFC championship game?

You're picking outliers and then saying they're rare because they don't get a shot. They don't get a shot because they don't work. 

Sure they do. Manziel got a shot, RG3 got a shot, Tyrod has a shot, Vicck had a shot, and never went to a SB, maybe NFC championship game?

You're picking outliers and then saying they're rare because they don't get a shot. They don't get a shot because they don't work.

Manziel wasn't in the same stratosphere as Jackson athletically. RG3 was transcendent until Shanahan let his knee explode on the field.

My point was very few players have come into the league with Jackson's ability. You can't just try to equate him to your average college spread running QB who can't throw. That's not his comparable. His comparables are Vick, Newton, McNabb, RG3, or as a blast from the past...Steve Young. Vince Young was similar athletically, but had nowhere near Jackson's arm. There's a really big difference between not trusting a college run-first QB who can't throw and not trusting Jackson simply because he runs a lot. I'll take Jackson over Darnold any day.

It's also worth noting that if the season keeps going this way, we're not sniffing a top-5 pick. Whoever we take is going to have question marks.

Edited by TrueBlueGED