Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

You don’t put lettuce and tomato on an Italian hero.

You don’t intentionally become a terrible hockey team to get a high draft pick.

And you take the freaking 3 points on the road, especially when you have a good defense.

Wrong.

First field goal was a good idea. Playing for the second one was a terrible idea

What about the 56yrd one the passed on to punt? I'm telling you we got lucky.

https://youtu.be/PHbnQXsyDrE

Why punt it? They proved more than once that game they can take the ball 95 yards on us. So we punt it with 4+ left, they take 3m off the clock and at the worst get a field go to take the lead. Or we try the field go, at worst miss it, and this way when they score we at least get the ball back with some time left

We got lucky on the Ryan fumble, the Hyde pick, the injuries. 

We've had teams get lucky on us every single week for the last 17 years, and none of them said sorry. 

I ###### love this.

Yup. I still maintain the most amazing part of the drought is how we've never had one year where things just go our way and we fall backwards into a playoff spot. I'm not about to feel bad about finally getting some bounces.

We got lucky on the Ryan fumble, the Hyde pick, the injuries.

We've had teams get lucky on us every single week for the last 17 years, and none of them said sorry.

I ###### love this.

The Hyde pick wasn't lucky and teams have injuries every week. The good teams win against teams with injuries

Eh I disagree. He had it before it hit the ground and he's allowed to use the ground if he already has it.

My stream was a little crappy at that point, i thought I saw it hit the ground the same instant his hands closed on it, may be wrong. 

This game has potential to be a long-term franchise turning point. 

Your insisting that kicking the FG on 4th and goal from the 1 was a good idea. It wasn't.

And if that isn't what you've been insisting, then I apologize for misunderstanding you, but that is clearly how you've come across.

I do indeed think that was the correct decision. What, specifically, is your disagreement with that based on?

I do indeed think that was the correct decision. What, specifically, is your disagreement with that based on?

We ran 19 plays on that drive. 18 of them gained positive yardage.  The only one that didn't was a run by a fullback who had 1 career carry before that.  We were shoving the ball down their throat and it was working.

I think it was the wrong decision. You've had 0 negative runs and you need 1 yard. Games close and a td puts it away. Weak call by a conservative coordinator. I'm glad we still won.

We ran 19 plays on that drive. 18 of them gained positive yardage. The only one that didn't was a run by a fullback who had 1 career carry before that. We were shoving the ball down their throat and it was working.

Ok. I don’t agree, but that is much better than “you’re wrong.”

Here are some relevant questions:

- what has the Bills’ short yardage red zone performance been this season? And what has it been on the road? And what about with the O-line that was in on that play?

- what about the Falcons’ performance at home on D in that situation?

I don’t know the answers to those questions, but I do know that the best coach the Bills have ever had would absolutely have taken the FG, and that he put together a ton of wins that way.